Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Thanks for the kind words. No, no fill yet...so I certainly wasn't expecting it. But I'm sure being good now. The aftermath is that all that slime had to go somewhere, so I had the runs after! Finally feeling back to normal. I will honor the band. I will honor the band. I will honor the band.

Hello Everyone!!! So we are supposed to get a big snow storm out here in Chicago today!!! Yikes, about 10 inches of snow or so...at least that is what the weather people are claiming! I need to bust a move out of work today!

Well, only a few days left of the liquid diet and then onto mushies yay!!! I think I may start one day early and have eggs for Breakfast on Sunday!

Have a great day!

Hi PRBrooksie,

Sorry it has taken so long to respond - i have been busy with the holidays and just catching up on the posts. Well, we are in the exact same boat. I have not lost anything in about 9 days now - i was doing great - down 16 lbs since surgery on nov 2nd and now i am struggling VERY hard to keep the 16 off. I too have decided to go ahead and get a fill and i am also scheduled for Dec 13th with the doc - i cant wait!! Even though Inner Me gave us a wonderful reminder that this weight loss in the first 6 wks is a bonus, i am still beginning to panic thinking i spent $8500 out of pocket for failure. My parents are extremely supportive although last night my wonderful father made a comment that has stuck with me... i had a normal dinner - since i have no restriction i seemed to inhale the food, but no seconds or thirds like preband days. As i reached for a too large slice of key lime pie he said "you get the band and now you will gain 50 lbs" and then he laughed - i know he didnt mean to hurt my feelings because he was laughing but it did sting a bit. I have been walking on the treadmill 5 days a week for 45 minutes to try and keep the wt off but with pies and junk in the house during the holidays it is painfully hard and obivously i have zero will power. i rent out the basement in my parents home so i dont have too much control over what kind of junk is brought into the home. i know Jan 1st they will get rid of all junk food so it will be easier then.

I do have a question... when i eat too fast i sometimes get a pain between my shoulder blades in the middle of my back. Does anyone ever experience this? i always have to stop, slow down, and wait a few minutes before i continue to eat. i know i am taking way too big of bites and eating too fast - this part is going to be the biggest adjustment for me i think....

I do have a question... when i eat too fast i sometimes get a pain between my shoulder blades in the middle of my back. Does anyone ever experience this? i always have to stop, slow down, and wait a few minutes before i continue to eat. i know i am taking way too big of bites and eating too fast - this part is going to be the biggest adjustment for me i think....

I asked my surgeon about this because I was having the same pain and he said that it is either that I am taking too big of bites, not chewing well enough or it could be that I am full. He said that is the feeling some bandsters have when they are full. Now that I have tried to be more careful and paying better attention to my body, I am doing better. He said it actually was a good thing because that tells us that the band is doing it's job. That shows that there is some restriction. Hope this helps!

Hi Guys,

I had my surgery on 11/21, did 3 days of liquids before that and I'm still on liquid and so far I've only lost 5 lbs which is sooo very depressing since I'm hungry in the evening and have to live on Protein Shakes and Soups which is starting to drive me crazy. I do feel good, back to normal, no pains, no more gas, but tired of Protein shakes. I'm trying not to let it get to me, but when I see other people who are losing good amount; it just makes me wonder, how long will it take me to lose some weight? I start on mussy next week, can't wait to have something other than liquids.

jess

I had my surgery yesterday 11/29/06. :clap2: Everything went well but it took a little longer than expected because the doctor ran into some scar tissue from an old accident or ulcer or something. He says I am doing good. I am VERY sore, as is normal I'm sure. I had to stay overnite because I have sleep apnea. I am really glad to be home. Hard to believe I can have less than 1/4 cup of broth and 2 teaspoons of Jello and I am full. Anyway, I am banded, home, and doing good. Just thought I would let everyone know. Will back be on later.

Chrissie

Okay I totally need to vent....I have been so happy since surgery, feeling better, etc.....I posted a personal ad on a dating site and I am very clear about myself, looks, what I want, etc.....I just feel honesty is the best policy...Anyways, so a personal ad is to respond when you like someone right? I get this email for no reason from this guy telling me that I should be ashamed and digusted of my weight...I have a beautfiul face and smile and how could I do that to myself...I need to hang out with someone who eats and excercises and all this stuff...I couldnt believe it...I am pissed, who the hell does he think he is...Sorry just needed to vent...

Wow! Aren't you glad you didn't go out with him!!! He probably would have said those things in public! Sorry you went through all that. You know you could probably email him and try to educate him, or sound off about his rudeness, but.....

Never try to teach a pig to sing. It won't work, and it annoys the pig.

He's a pig.

He' s probably like 13 years old with a fake profile and a small _____.

I was banded last week and I'm still on liquids. In fact, I'm supposed to be on liquids a total of six weeks before I can begin mushies. So, in an effort to keep my breath from smelling downright skanky, I've been chewing sugarless gum. However, after I've chewed a few pieces, I can't seem to get any more fluids down. It's like there's a gas bubble stuck in my throat and I can't quite belch it up. Anyone else have this problem with gum or could something else be going on?

I had my surgery yesterday 11/29/06. :clap2: Everything went well but it took a little longer than expected because the doctor ran into some scar tissue from an old accident or ulcer or something. He says I am doing good. I am VERY sore, as is normal I'm sure. I had to stay overnite because I have sleep apnea. I am really glad to be home. Hard to believe I can have less than 1/4 cup of broth and 2 teaspoons of Jello and I am full. Anyway, I am banded, home, and doing good. Just thought I would let everyone know. Will back be on later.

Chrissie

Congratulations, Chrissie, on your surgery!! :clap2: Sounds like you are adjusting well. Remember that the pain will get less, and that you will soon be able to eat more.... so hang in there and continue to let us know how you are progressing!!

Karen

That gas happens to me with anything that has artificial sweetener! But I did better with those little breath strips. I'm trying to limit my sweetener to Stevia. It doesn't seem to produce gas for me.

I'm two days out and feeling very well. A little sore and ome gas are m only issues. I've lost 8 lb. since I started on liquid and had surgery. I was a self pay but, I don't know if my insurance covers regular doctor visits for aftercare?

Michael

Starting 289 Now 281 Goal 165

Dr. Huacuz, TJ 11/28

Dear November Bandsters...

I'm back but sad to say that on Monday the police came to my door to tell e they found my father dead. I'm soooo sad. I'm any onlychild and my parents were divorced so I'm working through planning the funeral and all that goes along with this...it's just soo much especially while I'm recovering. For those of you who pray please keep me in your prayers and thoughts. I've postponed my first fill for a few weeks until I get through this.