Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone tell me how to delete an account from this website? The support here is less than the general population and I see no benefit to continuing. I have been participating for a year and find that with a few exceptions, this forum is very one sided. If certain expectations are not met than a person can just screw off. I am tired of wasting my valuable time with a forum that is supposedly a support group for WLS. This comment isn't for everyone. There are a few of you on here that are amazing people and I don't want you to take this personally. So many people are on here for very selfish reasons and I am too busy to deal with it. Please tell me how to proceed with this. This site has become nothing but a detriment to my success. In case this isn't deleted. Just remember, what you feel is success, what makes you healthier and makes you feel good is all that matters. Too many people here rely on numbers. While I am happy I made Onederland, if I don't lose another pound, I will never take back what I did. For a WL forum people are so wrapped up in this many pounds this, and this many pounds that. It is about your health, it is about how you feel about yourself. You may hate yourself today, but if you are here for any other reason than improved health, you don't need a surgeon, you need a psychologist who can help you be okay with you. We all have value, we are all needed. If you don't feel that way because of weight, surgery won't help. I can't deal anymore with so many people that just don't see this. I wish the best of luck to everyone and would like to reiterate. YOU ARE NOT A NUMBER! You can be whoever you choose to be....

Sorry this site hasn't worked out for you. Congratulations for making it to your happy place <3 I hope to make it there one day too! I am pretty new into this weightloss surgery but I try to keep the faith I will make it to Onederland also. Best Wishes in your future endeavors.

Sincerely, Tamara S.

I don't know how to delete your account-perhaps you could just delete the app from your phone/computer.

Congratulations on your 100lb loss, that is my goal. I know what you mean about people getting fixated with numbers.

Good luck on the rest of your journey.

You can't delete your acct.

Pretty judgmental don't you think? Or a little higher then thou, or uh bitter. Lol

You can't delete your acct.

Really?? That kind of sucks. Guess I shouldn't ever mention my real name lol! :P

Yes,as far as I know you should just stop logging into the site when you dont want to use it anymore,cant deactivate it.

But why are you so mad?You have done well,you seem happy with your weight loss.We are not all the same and numbers are very important to higher BMI OCD sleevers like myself.If we dont get the numbers down we dont get to be healthy and comfortable.

Personally I can not relate to your statement that says if you dont lose another pound.......as I would be devestated if I dont lose another pound and my BMI is just under 30 now.You see a number but important as it is VERY related to my health.

I have also found that people very often only post to things that they can identify with.I am sure that secretly I am envious of people who are much lighter than me,lol,much closer to goal and have had much less to lose than me.I understand that anothers 80 pounds is as important as mine just as my best friends 20 pounds is as important as my 120 pounds.But as you can see,I have no other frame of reference as to who you are,what your goals are and where you are with them other than the numbers I see on your signature.I cannot see you and dont know you.

Please dont take this personally but what is it that you didnt get from the board and who are you really so angry at?Just think about it.Keep in mind that we all come from different walks of life,all have different frame of reference,all process information differently and are different types of communicators.

I blog and as English is not my first language and I talk too much anyway lol,I often dont get any response to some of my blog posts.But thats ok.If it helps one person thats good enough for me.

we are responsible for our own success,whatever each individuals definition of that might be.Where as I want to be healthier,I sure as heck want to look a lot better than I do now.I want clothes size that is a lot lower.Most very over weight people need a psycologist anyway as being that way can be very damaging to our self image and finding out why we would allow ourselves to become this way is sometimes key to not going there again.

Personally I love this forum as we can be nice to each other,harsh with each other,ignore each other and its all good because we all have a common goal.To get thin and healthy,or should I say healthy and thin?

Good luck on your journey.

If it was not about numbers and pounds,.FOR YOUR HEALTH,.you would have never had wls in the first place. Maybe you have emotional things your dealing with that you need to take care of...

I'm sorry you feel so frustrated. I just have to say for me, this forum has been extremely helpful as I was self-pay, had my surgery in Germany where I didn't live and traveled for the next 6 months so I didn't have a nutritionist or doctor or classes or much pre-surgery information. This forum has been there for me and helped me with so many questions and positive feedback; it's a shame you didn't get that.

As for deleting the account, send a message to Alex, the owner of the forum; I'm sure he can figure it out.

Congratulations on your weight loss and best of luck.

LadyIvy I am pretty new here and have not had my surgery yet because I have to do 6 months of dieting and be monitored. I probably won't be sleeved until February. This forum helps to keep me sane while I wait. I take what I need from it and leave the rest. I am learning things that a book does not tell you. I am amazed at all the great people on this site. I have seen post where people have offered to talk to and befriend people who were in a really dark place in their life. I wish all the best for you on your journey and hope that you find the support that you need.

Bye!

If it was not about numbers and pounds,.FOR YOUR HEALTH,.you would have never had wls in the first place. Maybe you have emotional things your dealing with that you need to take care of...

I don't think you meant me? That is exactly what I was saying.

I'm sorry you feel so frustrated. I just have to say for me, this forum has been extremely helpful as I was self-pay, had my surgery in Germany where I didn't live and traveled for the next 6 months so I didn't have a nutritionist or doctor or classes or much pre-surgery information. This forum has been there for me and helped me with so many questions and positive feedback; it's a shame you didn't get that.

As for deleting the account, send a message to Alex, the owner of the forum; I'm sure he can figure it out.

Congratulations on your weight loss and best of luck.

Great advice. I will do that. tyvm and best of luck in all you do!

Pretty judgmental don't you think? Or a little higher then thou, or uh bitter. Lol

Sorry, I don't see what you are talking about. I choose not to define myself by a number. While that may work for others it isn't the motivator that I need in my life. I don't begrudge that who need it, but I know what works for me and unfortunately this site doesn't provide it. That doesn't mean this is a bad site, and I just don't see why it not working for me would make me a bitter person.

Either way, thank you everyone. I may be on here another day or two while I wait for Alex to respond. I like to see most of the positivity that so often emanates from this site. I just can't continue with a numbers game. I feel great and will continue to lose weight. I love my new life and part of it for me is no longer comparing myself to others through numbers. :)

BTW, to the one that mentioned using her real name, if you do, you can be googled and found on this forum so I wouldn't do that if its a secret.

Have a wonderful day all!

Wow! Shame on you for this post! Overall I have found people on this forum to be an amazing resource. For those who you may not agree with, understand or like you simply don't need to read them or you could comment directly to them. At the very least don't throw insults out to the community and then ask for help in deleting your account. I appreciate you stating that the post was not meant for everyone but it really was not necessary nor was it in good taste. None the less I wish you health and happiness as you move on.