Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I tend to think ppl are 'focused' on numbers simply b/c they help us gage our progress. They are not the most important thing nor are we just numbers..but they do help us see another part of the picture so to speak. Those NSV really do matter ... you can't put how you feel into a number or all of your success. At the same time dont be so hard on the number crunchers lol

Sorry this site hasn't worked out for you. Congratulations for making it to your happy place <3 I hope to make it there one day too! I am pretty new into this weightloss surgery but I try to keep the faith I will make it to Onederland also. Best Wishes in your future endeavors. Sincerely, Tamara S.

Says the person who has NUMBER tickers in her signature!

I am sorry this did not work, just quit logging in and all your troubles will go away.

Says the person who has NUMBER tickers in her signature! I am sorry this did not work, just quit logging in and all your troubles will go away.

Oops I quotes the wrong person! SORRY I meant to quote the author of the thread! My bad!!!

The one sure fire way I've seen to get your account closed is to start calling people here a bunch of fat heffers. That has worked in the past.

But you could have just as easily never posted here again and never come back to this website. Just the simple fact that you are replying to this thread demonstrates that you don't really want to leave. So why don't you take a few days off from the forums and then venture back. We all need "breaks" from it after a while.

I tried to delete my account and woke up with a horse head in my bed. Only it was the neighbors horse, I hate horses. :angry:

" I just posted that I hit onederland. I have been on this site for about a year now. I feel like I didn't lose it fast enough to get a congratulations for hitting onederland. Out of 160 people that looked, two bothered to comment. I worked my butt off. So what, it is coming off a little slower."

Why not just be honest or quietly leave? You are upset that you did not get the amount of responses you had hoped for, so instead create an "im leaving" thread. We all dwell on numbers to a point.

Because if she left quietly she wouldn't be getting the attention that she so desperately craves. That is the only reason to make such a post, right?

I have to live by the numbers now... why? Because my surgeon does!! When I go in for my post op follow up on the 30th he's going to weigh me. Then he's going to calculate my BMI and tell me if my progress isn't good enough. If it's not he's going to cut my calories and keep me on full liquids. If it's good I get to progress to pureed foods!

I for one have loved the forum and it's full of useful information. I don't expect everyone here to agree with me, because everyone has a different opinion. But to be honest I don't see the same behavior or mentality from this forum that you do.

" I just posted that I hit onederland. I have been on this site for about a year now. I feel like I didn't lose it fast enough to get a congratulations for hitting onederland. Out of 160 people that looked, two bothered to comment. I worked my butt off. So what, it is coming off a little slower."

Why not just be honest or quietly leave? You are upset that you did not get the amount of responses you had hoped for, so instead create an "im leaving" thread. We all dwell on numbers to a point.

I am glad you brought this up ljam75, I wasn't sure how to do it...

In regards to this I wanted to mention LADYIVY,

When people don't respond to a post, it isn't a personal reflection on you as a person/your success and it definitely doesn't mean we do not care. When people are new to the site, they can lurk around for a while before finally posting. Then there are post that I read days, weeks, months after posted because I missed it or I simply read a post get what I need out of it and move on cause I am busy/searching for something specific. There are so many reason why people don't respond right away. It's hard sometimes to ask for attention/support when you need it but if you do, I am confident there are many people here willing to give it to you :) I have been overwhelmed by the kindness and support of people on this site. I know you are hurt by the lack of responses to your post yesterday but know that it wasn't ment to be hurtfull, it happens all the time to many of us!

Sorry you are so unhappy but I don't understand why. You say you don't like the numbers thing, but you have a weight loss ticker so isn't that a little contradictary? You seem to have been successful in the weight you have lost, but then you say even if you don't lose another pound you would be satisfied? It seems like there may be another issue other than this site making you upset about something.

I also find it odd that if you are so unhappy with us here, that you would even take the time for your post and have the nerve to ask us how to delete your account when all you would have to do is ask Alex for assistance. But instead you had to make some insulting comments.

We have all had decisions to make and all have either gone through this lready, or soon will be. This site has been so helpful to me and others and we are going through this together and trying to give advice to those who ask for it. I honestly do not understand what you are talking about, but if you choose to leave, why not just do it quietly than announce it and wait for a reply? Congrats on you loss so far, but I really think that this site has probably helped you get there more than you care to admit for some reason. Hopefully your post won't deter new people and keep them from seeing how supportive and helpful this site really is, since the entire jist of your post is extremely negative.

You should've posted, "my feelings are hurt and I'd like more acknowledgment for my accomplishment", or just never come here again.

Why bother with an insulting rant?

You say part of it is not comparing yourself to others through numbers? Amount of pounds lost is a number, your weight is a number, your BMI is a number, how many months out is a number, your new measurements are numbers, your clothing sizes are numbers, your age is a number, your blood pressure is a number, your glucose reading is a number. You don't have to compare yourself to others anyway. This is not a game or a race with others. It is all about our health whether there are numbers involved or not, but obviously there are. Who is making it all about numbers? Not any of us here.

You say part of it is not comparing yourself to others through numbers? Amount of pounds lost is a number, your weight is a number, your BMI is a number, how many months out is a number, your new measurements are numbers, your clothing sizes are numbers, your blood pressure is a number, your glucose reading is a number. You don't have to compare yourself to others anyway. This is not a game or a race with others. It is all about our health whether there are numbers involved or not, but obviously there are. Who is making it all about numbers? Not any of us here.

Just want to piggyback here on sleevedreamer. Yes it is all about "A NUMBER". It is also why we get the sleeve to LOSE WEIGHT and in most cases to be healthier. So one way to measure our success is looking at any of the ways above that include a number.

One other thing OP, if you so want to be off the site why do/are you returning to psot replies to your original post. See you haven't had enough..................but maybe you should go.............good luck to you.

Numbers got me here in this physical state of being morbidly obese. And numbers will pull me out. I had to have certain numbers to qualify for surgery. I'd like to live a number of years more than what's projected for me now. I'd like to have a number of kids and what them grow for a number years.

Here's the number most important to me.....44. That's how old my grandpa was when he died. I'm 43 now....I want to see 45' date=' that's why I'm here.[/quote']

My number? 6.

My father died of heart disease at 49...I just turned 43. I'm doing all I can to have more time with my three children, my amazing husband, my crazy family and the best friends on the planet.