Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is there any freaking popcorn left??? Not the nameless' date=' faceless brand...make it Orville Redenbacher![/quote']

i have butter!!!!!! ::the dieters (who obsessively watch their numbers) now tackle me:::

i have butter!!!!!! ::the dieters (who obsessively watch their numbers) now tackle me:::

Butter? Are you crazy?! As a fan on numbers I am offended! How dare you change the number that defines everything I am! You're breaking my little brain! ;)

Bahahaha ok I'm done being a b@&$! It's just so easy from behind the keyboard!

It doesn't really matter if I explain myself to you nameless faceless people who have nothing better to do than judge someones opinion that you don't even know. .

(Ring, ring)

Um, hello kettle? This is pot. You're black.

(click)

Butter? Are you crazy?! As a fan on numbers I am offended! How dare you change the number that defines everything I am! You're breaking my little brain! ;)

Bahahaha ok I'm done being a b@&! It's just so easy from behind the keyboard!

it's warm...slightly salted and melted with just that froth of foam..... (now who's the b&*!? LOL)

it's warm...slightly salted and melted with just that froth of foam..... (now who's the b&*!? LOL)

LOL! I like the way you think!

You are!!!

Speaking of butter, did ya'll hear about the lady who filed a lawsuit because the "zero calorie-fat free" spray butter wasn't zero calorie nor fat free??? Apparently she's pissed because she was exercising and trying to lose weight, and taking off the bottle cap and pouring it onto her steamed veggies. Wow.

So don't put that crap on your popcorn. If you're gonna die, use the real stuff.

http://www.inquisitr.com/305154/conagra-lawsuit-woman-sues-over-calorie-free-butter/

Wow, God forgive me I'm speechless....

You have the good, the bad & the ugly. Then there's the positive, the negative & the neutral. You make the final choice not any one else.

I feel sad that you feel so horrible about this forum but this forum is "PRICELESS". I personally feel it's my saving grace...

I hope one day you can see this is all so very HARMLESS but HELPFUL. This is pretty much a give & take situation.

Perhaps, you need to regroup, reevaluate and start anew. Break free from whatever it is and find some PEACE!

Feel free to rant & rave if you must but I meant no harm or disrespect. It was my attempt at reaching out to another I person I feel is in Pain.

My heart goes out to you. :tears: now my husband is going to think he's in trouble for something.... Omg this is the first time I have cried in regards to VST/VSG FORUM. ~~~MY, my, my I'm done. Talk to everyone else later!

Sorry' date=' I don't see what you are talking about. I choose not to define myself by a number. While that may work for others it isn't the motivator that I need in my life. I don't begrudge that who need it, but I know what works for me and unfortunately this site doesn't provide it. That doesn't mean this is a bad site, and I just don't see why it not working for me would make me a bitter person.

Either way, thank you everyone. I may be on here another day or two while I wait for Alex to respond. I like to see most of the positivity that so often emanates from this site. I just can't continue with a numbers game. I feel great and will continue to lose weight. I love my new life and part of it for me is no longer comparing myself to others through numbers. :)

BTW, to the one that mentioned using her real name, if you do, you can be googled and found on this forum so I wouldn't do that if its a secret.

Have a wonderful day all![/quote']

Please inbox me with what you find out from Alex before you delete as I'd like to do the same....

Wow... I'm sorry that you feel the need to delete your account. I totally understand. All I can say is as far as why people may not response to post. If its an update on weight loss, unless it has pictures it really doesn't appeal to me, I am a visual person. So I can understand that some people have anxiety about posting pictures, but when it comes down to it the proof is in the pudding, and I like to see pictures. Good luck to you on your journey.

According to board rules, I don't think they "delete" accounts. If you are getting emails and stuff from the site you can change your settings to stop that, but I think your account just "sits here". Once the emails are stopped, and you can remove the bookmark to this site, you never have to see any of it again.

http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

In reading your posts, it was a little hard to understand why you are so upset, but as I thought more about it, I realized it didn't matter actually. Obese people have often gone through a lot of emotional pain in their lives. Maybe that is one of the reasons they got fat or maybe it is a result of the emotional beating they gave themselves over being fat. Maybe both, but often lots of hurt feelings inside there. Losing weight, although very joyous, also brings with it a bit of a head trip too. To give honest feedback, your original post did not say things in a way that I could really understand and as others pointed out, it came across as more of an attack, but I think it was really meant to be an expression of hurt feelings. Maybe it was a bit of a cry for attention, and that is okay every once in awhile. You got some pretty sharply worded responses, because people called it as "drama" or ":attention seeking" and maybe that is a fair criticism. I think that is okay, sometimes we all have a little meltdown or drama over this journey and it isn't really a reason to jump all over you. I do think you had an overreaction when you shared success you didn't get alot of "atta girls" and other similar posts seem to get dozens of replies. That is just how it works, I know you know that, but for some reason it felt hurtful or negative and you took it personally this particular time.

Side note: my spouse NEVER compliments me or otherwise indicates that he notices I have lost weight at all, so I kinda know the feeling of my accomplishments not being acknowledged by others.

Anyway, online forums should be supportive and not be a detriment to you. If this isn't supporting you - walk away, i totally agree. It is a bunch of us that don't know you or your life and the truth of the matter is that pretty much any of us could stop posting tomorrow and be hardly noticed on this forum, that is how they work.

Much success for your ongoing weight loss and don't worry too much about all this. I have no idea why some posts become "hot" topics and others are virtually ignored, it just goes that way and if you take it personally, then online forums are never going to feel supportive. Have you considered an in person support group?

What a wonderful response cowgirljane...so articulate and empathetic and useful information. The best I have seen regarding this thread (although the head of the dead horse was a pretty good one too!)

I agree; we all have meltdowns from time to time and positive feedback IS important. One of my main complaints in my marriage was that my husband rarely (if ever) complimented me before the surgery. And we talked and talked and talked about it in the last year. He has gotten much better I'm happy to say; but it would still be nice to hear it more often.

Anyway, good luck to you; it's people like you (and most of the rest too) that make this forum so fascinating.

Hi chitowngirl....I've been on this forum for a year now and I'm embarrassed to ask this, but I never see photos in the post....when someone atttaches photos do you go to their profile to see the photos or am I missing something?

Queen of Crop

Wow... I'm sorry that you feel the need to delete your account. I totally understand. All I can say is as far as why people may not response to post. If its an update on weight loss, unless it has pictures it really doesn't appeal to me, I am a visual

person. So I can understand that some people have anxiety about posting pictures, but when it comes down to it the proof is in the pudding, and I like to see pictures. Good luck to you on your journey.

@ queen of the crop. Yes you can post pictures on a post and on your profile page also. I get on via my cellphone app, which for me personally makes it easier to post pictures in a post. From my mobile device I do not have access to view pictures in a profile.

I think it makes a big difference when we can see pics either way is just fine for me ;)

I have been on because I wasn't sure how to find Alex. I don't like the negativity here. People should be able to say how they feel and not be ridiculed. Support means good and bad. Again' date=' not all of you, but most people here only want the positive. I have been on this site for a year and I see it over and over. That is not support. I don't need negativity from you people because I have a feeling that you don't support. Let me make this simple. I wasted my time reading so many of your whiny posts here that I am sick of it. So many good people with good hearts that are being drowned out by judgmental self centered people. I have never been part of an online forum before. I joined this place in the past year, and I will never be part of a forum like this again. So many of you hide behind your keyboard everyday treating people like garbage because you are anonymous. Anonymity makes people act online like people they aren't. I really, truly am happy for those of you that need this site. It has its place and I really needed it for a while when I was scared and confused and needed some help from some veterans. However, you can only deal with oppression for so long before you grow sick of it. Just like you all say, if you don't like something you read, don't comment, or don't read it. My mind is blown how you all take my response as if I affronted you personally. This site no longer works for me. I came back on to contact a few people that I have talked to for a year and ask how to get the account deleted. While I was here, yes I was proud to announce my entry into onederland. I didn't say a weight, its not important, but it was when I got in that range that my back quit hurting and my BP got back to normal. That makes me happy all by itself. Yes, I have been back on a couple of times because I am waiting for responses. It doesn't really matter if I explain myself to you nameless faceless people who have nothing better to do than judge someones opinion that you don't even know. For those of you that take this less personally. Please keep your heads up. I really want the best for everyone here even if they don't agree with what I say. If you want to see my optimism as climbing on my high horse fine. That is your prerogative.I look at things differently, want to support people and don't necessarily have the popular opinion, diversity in bodies and minds is very important and is what makes this country what it is. If you don't like it, don't read it. Thank you to those that are supportive and want to really learn and help people. PLEASE PLEASE I beg you to remember, you are more than a number. To those of you who take things personally and are judgmental, you can all screw off, my life, and frankly everyone elses, will be better without you. Thanks for the good times. No need to comment unless it makes you happy. I won't even read this post any further and will be waiting to hear from Alex. End.[/quote']

Good Lord, leave already if u r so unhappy! I love all my sleeve brothers and sisters on this site and they have been a big part of my success! Thanks family (((hugs))) and kisses!

OMG SHE BROUGHT BUTTER TO THE WLS FORUMS!!!!!

*BANG*

{{{HazMat scrapes up butter into gnaw-proof container and seals it}}}

Okay everyone we're clear. The offender has been dealt with!