Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Financing Options For Self Pay?

Hi everyone.. I have been working hard to get my credit up before looking for a loan. So I got it up to a 670 but now my medical financing is only giving me 10,500 and I need 16,500. Does anyone have any ideas on how to work out the rest without maxing out all my credit cards? And without begging someone to co-sign for me? I don't think I could aford to have multiple payments and intrest from a bunch of different cards... has anyone come into this problem? I am clear for surgery other than $$...

I went through the same thing. I was so invested in the surgery by the time I realized my money was not going to be enough. I had no one to ask for what I was missing, or to co- sign a loan. I went into my 401K and took the money that I needed.

I ended up taking a loan from my 401k so that I wouldn't be hit with the penalty. I end up paying myself back the interest and with the economy in the dumps, the rate of return is nor that much different than the interest charge for my loan.

Have you considered Mexico...third of the cost

You can always go through BeLite Weight, but their surgeries are scheduled in Mexico. Thousands of people have done it and if you are self pay, its about $7800 total, or if you just finance through them its $3500 down and $200 a month for 24 months.

I had my surgery last month with them and everything was great!

Headed to Mexico myself. January 11th is my date. Saves money and gettin a vacation (going early then surgery)

I am another self pay but going to Mexico and only $4700.

I am wondering, could you speak with your doctors office to see if you could set up some type of payment plan with them for the remaining balance since you technically would be paying majority of it with the loan already so they will have most of the money.

Good luck to you! :)

You can always go through BeLite Weight, but their surgeries are scheduled in Mexico. Thousands of people have done it and if you are self pay, its about $7800 total, or if you just finance through them its $3500 down and $200 a month for 24 months.

I had my surgery last month with them and everything was great!

What all did this include, if you don't mind me asking ?

How much was flight and stay, did you take someone with you ?

If you can scrounge up 10500- you can find the 6000 you need too.

Think about filing your taxes early and getting your refund then, get a P/T job at a seasonal store, borrow from your 401k or even try to get a personal loan via local credit union. Maybe even sell your car and get a junker for the next year till you are done with surgery payments.

It may be a pain to have multiple loans, but it's totally worth it.

Good luck

Mexico ranges from $4500 - $10k. Research. Research. Research. I'm doing Mexico myself b/c my insurance excludes it and the sleeve is $20k here in my area.

Amanda Rae