Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Working Out Ti Much?

Ok I'm doing 5 mils a day 7 days a week. I just bought a new elliptical machine did 40 mins yesterday 30 minutes today . No walks to cold and rain all day. Is anyone else working out seven days a week? Is that doing to much? I'm 3 weeks out but was walking before I was sleeved I'm a slow loser to boot. I am cleared for exercise by my Doc. Is working out 30 minutes to one hour seven days a week to much or to little?

Sleeved 9/26/12. 5"6

Weight at surgery 244

Today's weight 232

Calorie intake 500/800

Calorie burn 600/900

Protein 60/100

Fluids 60/80

If you are feeling OK, getting in enough fluids (you need more if you are exercising), and the exercise at this point is not extremely vigorous or involving ab work-outs, I can't see the problem. Just make sure you do not burn yourself out and that you are enjoying it. If you go too hard too fast, you will get exhausted and end up quitting...then trying to get going again is even harder!

Wow! Good for you! I was too weak up until 2 months postoperative.

I agree that if you feel ok then go for it. Now having said tha,You just have to be careful that you're not going too fast too soon and burn out too quick. Jump starting again could be slow process. You should give yourself a rest day in between the workouts. You don't want your body to give out far in advance of you getting to goal. 7 days in week...exercise 1 day, rest, exercise, rest, exercise, rest - saves wear-n-tear on the body. Just a suggestion.

Good luck. :)

I agree that if you feel ok then go for it. Now having said tha' date='You just have to be careful that you're not going too fast too soon and burn out too quick. Jump starting again could be slow process. You should give yourself a rest day in between the workouts. You don't want your body to give out far in advance of you getting to goal. 7 days in week...exercise 1 day, rest, exercise, rest, exercise, rest - saves wear-n-tear on the body. Just a suggestion.

Good luck. :) [/quote']

Iv been going 7 days from when I started my preop diet took 4 days off sleeve and all lol. But I think on a day off a day I will try. Weather is getting cold and my knee is starting to hurt from it. Ty for input everyone :)

I workout 7 days a week, but I rarely do the same thing more than 3 times a week....and never 2 days in a row. I mix it up between jogging, cycling, weight lifting, elliptical, circuit training and hiking. I think the variety prevents overuse injuries.

I personally think its up to the individual. If it feels good go for it. I also have an elliptical and treadmill. I alternate Zumba, treadmill, and elliptical 4 days per week. I have to stop myself from working out and some weeks do 5 days. I usually get in 60-80 minutes of working out. I am afraid of transfer of addiction. I also have two children, husband and graduate school and am striving for balance. I don't want to get lost in a vicious cycle of exercising all out and then stopping from being exhausted. Then comes the guilt and shame. Unfortunately, I have done this time and time again pre surgery and the weight always came back. In my crazy mind if I overdue it, the same thing will happen and failure is not an option.

If you feel ok doing all of that, I say go for it. I'm at the age where I need 1 or 2 days off to recover. If you get to feeling really weak or no energy and tired, maybe just take a couple of days off and get back to it. But if not, keep going at it! :)

If you feel ok doing all of that' date=' I say go for it. I'm at the age where I need 1 or 2 days off to recover. If you get to feeling really weak or no energy and tired, maybe just take a couple of days off and get back to it. But if not, keep going at it! :)[/quote']

Lol Company to run 3 kids in my mid 30's no time for days off of anything lol I would goto a gym if it was not so out of the way :(

Cardio for 1/2 an hour 7 days a week won't hurt you. And hour might be pushing it. Are you mixing in some resistance training too? That will help you keep muscle mass and help with saggy skin from too much muscle loss.

Before the VSG, i was working out 6 days a week. 10 hours of strength training, and 4-5 hours of cardio. 5 days were lifting, one day was only light cardio, and one day i took completely off for rest and recovery. I'm gradually working back up to that schedule again.