Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I could not take pills until four weeks post op - except crushed - so check the internet for a liquid form if your doctor recommends the same thing. I take Nature's Bounty, but I just started - so I'm anxious to see what brands others recommend!

I have a Target brand 1,000 MG tablet I have taken since about three weeks out, plus there is a little in my multi Vitamin. Not sure if it working i am still losing my hair a bit, but maybe without the Biotin it would be worse so I keep taking it .

i have taken Biotin 10,000mcg since 1 week out from surgery. I also take silica and my hair and nails are growing very rapidly. :)

I got the extra strength Biotin from Sam's Club. I could not swallow a pill for about four weeks so I would crush it up and take it. Some people can take pills, I wasn't one of them. At four months out, I have no issues taking pills.

I have a Target brand 1,000 MG tablet I have taken since about three weeks out, plus there is a little in my multi Vitamin. Not sure if it working i am still losing my hair a bit, but maybe without the Biotin it would be worse so I keep taking it .

i have taken Biotin 10,000mcg since 1 week out from surgery. I also take silica and my hair and nails are growing very rapidly. :)

Quite a huge difference in dosage. Does anyone have any idea on how much we really should be taking? Can you "overdose" so to speak?

Skinny, what dosage of silica do you take?

Quite a huge difference in dosage. Does anyone have any idea on how much we really should be taking? Can you "overdose" so to speak?

Skinny' date=' what dosage of silica do you take?[/quote']

I was going to say the same thing. I wonder how much we should be taking.

I take the 500mg of silica.... Manufacturer is Puritan's Pride....

I question the usefulness of this product. It is supposed to help with thinning hair, but our Hair loss is not due to natural thinning such as age, or genetics. It is either a side effect from the anesthesia or from malnutrition. I personally believe its malnutrition. Plus, if a person does take Biotin or not doesn't seem to eliminate hair loss. And people who don't take do regrow what they've lost.

I really think that taking biotin after surgery is effectively a placebo. If you believe it will work then you will convince yourself that you have results.

We lose hair because of a lack of protein... Biotin stimulates Hair growth by pumping you with the nutrients that help improve hair and nails. It won't stop the Hair loss, but it will slow it down and stimulate new growth, plus it will improve the quality of the hair you do have. It's up to each individual if they want to take it... it was recommended by my Dr. so I decided to try it and I haven't been counting every strand, but the amount of hair in my hand after shampooing is decreasing.

I take 5000 also can't swallow yet 3 weeks out, my dr also mentioned zinc not sure why... Will ask him next week:)

O.T.R sleever. I like your thinking. Not ready to jump on the boat of believers, I wasn't either but decided to take the supplements just in case. I have never had my hair grow as fast as with the Biotin and silica that I take. I am a true believer now. I do agree that it can be a placebo effect for some. I like that I can tell the difference too. :)

Skinny, what dosage of silica do you take?

I am not sure, I take mine daily at the 1,000 mg so 7,000 a week not counting what is in my multi. Maybe if they take theirs (10,000) weekly the numbers get closer.