Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Many Calories Are You Eating?

How many calories are you eating? Specificly after you start soft foods in the first 3 - 6 months. I am having difficulty finding the right amount of calories to lose weight.

btw I am aware of calorie counting and Water + protien intake, those are not issues. I also am not eating carbs - no veggies or fruit but might have minimal carbs coming from non fat sour cream, cottage cheese and other low fat cheeses. I dont get how I am not dropping weight like crazy...

So again can you please help me out and give me an idea of where your calories are at, what phase you are in and if you are currently losing weight at that number. Thanks SO much!

I eat anywhere from 600 to 1300 calories...depending on the day. I am six months out. I have noticed that if I don't get carbs or fat in my diet I don't lose as much. Not saying I need to over do those but you don't want your body to crave them. I recommend myfitnesspal.com. It helps you know how many calories you can have and still lose 2lbs a week. I love it. The less you weigh the less you can eat. It also takes in consideration your exercise. If you join, I am tmorgan813 on there....look me up. We can all use support when it comes to things like this. Best of luck and I hope I helped a little. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Hi

I eat about 800-1000 calories per day. i am 3 months post op. I lose about 1 pound per week with no exercise. if i exercise daily i lose about 2 pounds per week. i also keep track of my daily calories using myfitnesspal.

i dont count carbs. i remember when i wasnt eating many carbs i wasnt losing weight because my body was holding on to those carbs. now i am losing weight weekly cuz i just cound calories and so far it is working.

I am eating 700 calories a day. It seems to be the only way for me to move my scale. I have finally broken my stall!! But I'm sure it's from reducingy calories to 700 a day. I also up my Protein to 80+ a day and I also increased to walking to 5 times a week at 4.0 on the treadmill. Hope that helps

Btw if you're not using my fitness pal you should try it, made a big difference for me!

Ya I do use myfitnesspal, I personally have been having around 550-650 calories and I am not losing ANYTHING. I dropped down to 350 and lossed 3lbs but went back up to 500"s and nothing again. 350 seems so low and I was not instructed as to how many calories I should intake, It is so frustrating. I have to get this figured out before I waste any more time.

Thanks for the information!

I am eating 700-900 calories a day, but do not really count them nor do I count carbs or fat. I do focus on counting Protein and try and hit about 125 gram a day. Weight loss has stabilized at around 4-5 lb a week, a little less than during month 1 and 2. I am currently at 3.5 months. I have not really been exercising since 2nd month.

3-4 lbs a week is great! I think I will try to up my calories instead of lowering them and see how it goes!

"Junior Guru" 550-650 calories a day is not enough. What happens is that your body goes into starvation mode and you plateau. I've done the same thing. I lost 70# in about 7 months, and I have been stuck for about 2 months. I use My Fitness Pal and it keeps telling me I'm not eating enough! You are only 3 weeks out? As time goes on, up your calories to around 1,000 a day and see if that makes a difference.

Tamara- I am 3 weeks out too and have lost about 20# give or take a few pounds because I have been fluctuating. I eat my 3 shakes some broth, Crystal light, SF Popsicles and really that's all. I would think I should have dropped more also. I guess we just need to be patient, go through our stages and let it work. It is frustrating though, I feel ya.

Tamara- I am 3 weeks out too and have lost about 20# give or take a few pounds because I have been fluctuating. I eat my 3 shakes some broth' date=' Crystal light, SF Popsicles and really that's all. I would think I should have dropped more also. I guess we just need to be patient, go through our stages and let it work. It is frustrating though, I feel ya.[/quote']

I'm 3 weeks out at 25 lbs but includes pre op of ten lbs, I'm also on full liquid .... Wondering if we will drop a bit more when we have more food and calories ?!?

I actually stopped losing as soon as I started soft foods :( The first week on liquids I lost 17lbs! I was so stoked. Even though I started eating soft foods I have not had ANY carbs except the few in broccoli and cheese. I was told this would cause faster weightloss by my surgeon. scale hasnt moved in two weeks. It makes no sense. Im worried I will have to go back on all Clear Liquids to lose additional weight. I have been doing a ton of article searching for info on this but every one's experience is so different its hard to find out why Im not losing.

I average around 500 calories a day. Sometimes 300, sometimes 700. I'm in the puréed phase, which is not my favorite texture.

I average around 500 calories a day. Sometimes 300, sometimes 700. I'm in the puréed phase, which is not my favorite texture.

How many pounds are you losing a week?

How many pounds are you losing a week?

My surgery was Sept. 26. I've lost 17 lbs since then.