Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh It Was So Fun While It Lasted!

Wow..missed u guys! So I need some advice and reassurance. I am 5 months out and very happy with my weight loss so far. I have 40 more lbs to lose till goal. So it was coming off so fast then all the sudden I hit onederland and it slowed down sooooooo fast. I am losing maybe 1 to 2 lbs at the most a week. No matter how hard i work or eat. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I m not freaking out just curious as to know other peoples journey....

Oh thank god it is not just me. I am almost six months out and am losing about 1-3 pounds a week. I think it is time to up the work out routine maybe.

I hit this at a little under three months in. I'm sure the last 20% will be much harder than the first 80% is.

I'm there now at 2 months... But am ok with that if it stays steady... The more you have to lose the more dramatic at first but after you are about half way to goal it slows down. Pros to this are it gives the skin a chance to adjust ... Not so much saggy baggy:-)

When the weight was coming off sooooo fast, how much did you average per week? I'll be at three months next week but only average three to four pounds a week.

I was sleeved May 18th and am also 5 months out. I have had the exact same thing happen to me! I went from 247 to 189 pretty fast. I have now slowed to 1-2 pounds a week. I have even added a hour or exercise 4-5 times a week. I am not complaining but it is a little aggravating. I just don't want to stop loosing. I have been on a stall for about 3 weeks. Good luck!! :)

The weight loss slows down....mine has at 3 1/2 months. I think it is our bodies way of surviving and growing accustomed to the fuel it is receiving to function. I agree that the last 20% will come of slower and may be more difficult to get off. hang in there! It will happen! I notice my body is still changing even if the scale is not showing a big change.

Guys, you cannot qualify a weight loss of two, three or four pounds a week with "only". That's ridiculous. Even two pounds a week is a PHENOMENAL amount to be losing. People would kill to have what you have.

Heck, a pound a week is 52 in a year. That's below what Weight Watchers averages and they make billions of dollars a year peddlng what most people consider to be a success.

I was sleeved on March 21, 2012. I lost 50 lbs pre-op and have lost 56 post-op. I lost about 8-10 lbs a month pre Onederland and am losing about 4-5 lbs a month post-Onderland. I also have about 40 lbs to go. Does it seem slow -- yes. Does it feel amazing to see 197 lbs for the last time, and then 195 lbs for the last time, and on and on and on . .. YES! Did it amaze me this morning when I put on a size 14 pants instead of the size 28's that I wore last year . . . YESSSSS! It takes self-talk through this whole process and I remind myself daily that it is coming off slow, but it is coming off. I never consider myself being bad or feeling guilty if i eat something that isn't Protein or nutrient rich, I just enjoy it and get right back on track, again with tremendous internal conversations. I am so grateful for this tool, and it is not happening exactly as I had imagined, but WOOT WOOT 2012 has been so much better and healthier than 2011.

I'm also 6 weeks post op & I have drastically slowed. I hit a stall at 3 weeks that lasted for 2 weeks, broke the stall, lost another 3 pounds & BOOM, right back into another stall!!!!

Jip,this is super frustrating.No matter how many additional calories I exercise away,the weight loss is so slow now.And to top this at 197 and 5'8 I still wear a size 18.Just before I read your post I was sitting in the bath think how I will not be satisfied until all the fat is gone....and how the heck am I going to be brave enough to do all the plastics this jelly body now needs...lol

Maybe slower is better but faster would be so much more fun!

At 6 months now I'm about 1.5lbs//week. It's slow but pretty consistent.

And that's only if I'm good.... If I'm bad and go for carbs vs Proteins there is NO HOPE for any loss.

Keep following the basics and before bathing suit season next year you're gonna be amazing!