Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seriously Disappointed!

My doctor's insurance coordinator emailed me and said it will be another two weeks until we hear from the insurance company. She had to appeal due to my BMI for the past three years being from 38 to 41. All you experienced sleevers, is this the point where I start calling my insurance company everyday? I have documentation for 7 years worth of failed dieting efforts with none of the comorbidities they consider, however, I do have degenerative disc disease and bulging discs as well as planters fasciitis, fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue. Has anyone else been approved with these types of issues on an appeal? I guess I just need an encouraging word right now!

My insurance turned me down initially...so I called them and didn't just talk to the lady on the phone who was "suppose" to be helping me. She told me it got turned down by a nurse. I asked to speak to that nurse directly and explained my situation. She told me that just 10 minutes before my doctor has called and spoke to the doctor in charge of making the decision. 3 days later I was approved. I am very thankful to my doctor but most of all to God for my surgery. I have come a long way...I still have a long way to go but I am getting there. I think you should take charge of your life...starting with your insurance company!

Thank you so much, I needed to hear that!

Yes, thank you! Just got the call today I am denied for the same reason. How crazy is this - if I just weighed 15 more pounds during the last 5 years, I'd be covered! Damn me for not eating that 4th piece of cake! ha ha!

Called the dr, waiting for chart notes to be sent over, showing that I had a high fasting blood sugar (let's hope it's high enough!) and high blood pressure at some point. I really hope the WLS dr. can help me out. They told me today they take care of the appeal, I don't have to. *fingers crossed!*

I got denied because the nurses rarely weighed me. I have been overweight for years but every trip to the drs office, they took my temperature and vitals but not my weight. My insurance requires documentation of a certain BMI. We are now doing a peer to peer and if that doesn't work we have to appeal. Ugh.....so frustrating!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 2 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches