Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know all drs have different diets to follow, but reading on here I see mine has been a lot different. Does anyone else have a similar diet? I had no pre op diet, the first few days while in the hospital after surgery I was on a liquid diet. When I got to come home I was on both liquid and purée. , I then had my 2 week follow up appt on sept 25 and have been on a regular diet of whatever I can tolerate.

It is said that us sleevers have it a bit easier for the coversion...most surgeons want to make sure you are healed before putting puree in...I would KILL for a scrambled egg about now... one more week on my liquids, and I should be able to do purees and move on. If you are uncomfortable after eating anything, then you know it was too much too soon

I know all drs have different diets to follow' date=' but reading on here I see mine has been a lot different. Does anyone else have a similar diet? I had no pre op diet, the first few days while in the hospital after surgery I was on a liquid diet. When I got to come home I was on both liquid and purée. , I then had my 2 week follow up appt on sept 25 and have been on a regular diet of whatever I can tolerate.

[/quote']

I'm pre-sleeve, but this is about the same as my surgeons plan, although I'm not sure when regular diet starts

My Doctor had me on Clear Liquids for only one day before surgery and clear liquids for 2 weeks after surgery, then pureed foods for 2 weeks, then mushies for 2 weeks. Its going to be quite a while before I have any kind of normal food!

I had surgery on Sept 6th and did one week of liquids followed by a week of pureed (and then pushed through a strainer) foods. On the third week I was allowed to go on a soft food diet and to chew 20xs so that the food was liquified before I swallowed. I am eatting mainly fish,eggs and chicken, haven't tried pork or beef for my Proteins. I was told to avoid breads, rice and Pasta until I was about 4 mos. out because of their "doughiness". I am also holding off on raw greens until then.

My pre-op is 2 weeks on Optifast (they're going to let me substitute the Atkins advantage shakes), & 3 days fluids...to shrink the liver for surgery. Post-op will be 1-1-2-2 (clear fluids-full liquids-purée-soft) as tolerated.

My sister had RNY in 2010 (in Rochester, NY) & her plan was like mine. & her BFF just had RNY in July (in Sayre, PA), & they had her do a MEAL before they would release her from the hospital, w/no pre-op diet. So, IDK...

weight.png 347*294/285/135 (*347HW/294SSW)

I had the same diet as Mwrarr, 1-1-2-2. I still don't do much bread or carbs, even at a year out.

Why would you be eating bread? At this early stage your intake is all about Protein, Protein, protein. You need to protein to prevent loss of lean body mass (muscle) and hair loss. You don't really have room for bread in your diet.

At 4 months post-op, I rarely have a bread-type carb in the form of whole wheat low-carb tortilla (and then can eat less than 1/2). I'm too busy just trying to get in 90-100 grams of carbs a day.

Bread is not an essential part of our diet. I avoid all white things (bread, rice, Pasta, potatoes).

Why would you be eating bread? At this early stage your intake is all about protein' date=' Protein, Protein. You need to protein to prevent loss of lean body mass (muscle) and hair loss. You don't really have room for bread in your diet.

At 4 months post-op, I rarely have a bread-type carb in the form of whole wheat low-carb tortilla (and then can eat less than 1/2). I'm too busy just trying to get in 90-100 grams of carbs a day.

Bread is not an essential part of our diet. I avoid all white things (bread, rice, Pasta, potatoes).[/quote']

I have low carb wheat bread and made small pancakes with whole wheat flour. I also had two pieces of bacon with it. Ever since I had surgery I have not been able to tolerate Protein shakes. Is there one you recommend?

I was sleeved almost a month ago on Sept 11 and less than a week ago I was allowed to eat pureed foods (mashed potatoes, creamed veggies, refried Beans, fish) It felt like it took forever to get to this stage but I couldnt imagine being able to eat anything yet. I still have a week and 1/2 before we start introducing new foods. Cant even have chicken yet.

Although my surgery date was 9/4, I believe at this point my pre-op diet says I can return to a normal diet. The Dr told me to eat whatever I can tolerate but in moderation. I have been able to eat just about anything but can only eat about 7-8 bites & I'm full. Everyone's diet seems to vary but I think it's more about the amount you eat & what you can tolerate more than anything else.

My diet sort of freaks people out, but it's just the way they roll at my clinic...so... I had no pre-op diet at all, was just told not to suddenly eat a lot nor to suddenly eat way less -- just to stay normal. After surgery, I wasn't allowed anything till the leak test, then I had to drink Water as much as possible. And I got liquids/mushies the first two days, and was back on normal food from day four or five (was still in hospital...no problems, but that's also how they roll LOL). I had mash and veal (soft bits) in gravy plus very well-cooked broccoli as the first food on day five. They move you to 'real food' as quickly as possible here because they think it's better for your entire digestive system, your intestines don't get lazy or something LOL. I don't know, it worked out just fine for me -- I've never had a single problem eating anything. I was just told to chew everything super well and eat what I could tolerate, including food from all food groups. I couldn't eat raw fruit/veg/salad till four weeks post-op, but apart from that, anything was okay as long as I could tolerate it. *shrug* It's a top clinic and the doctors/surgeons have authored studies, particularly about the sleeve...it's just a very different approach to the US. (I've also never used Protein Shakes, they're not called for here.)

My doctor had a one day pre op followed by a 4 week full soft then a 4 week purée. After that we can have regular food as tolerated.