Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Anyone Else Eat As Much As Me?

I was told to eat unlimited Fats and Proteins. Sky is the limit. Now with carbs' date=' it should be 20 or below. I am very sensitive to carbs. And to eat 3'meals a day w 2-3 Snacks.[/quote']

Me too. I was told to eat some Protein every 3 hours. 6 smaller meals is better than 3 larger meals. That has been true for a long time, and it's definitely true when you have a tiny tummy. Going a long time between meals just serves to slow down your metabolism.

oh my gosh people, you are making me nervous. I'm going in 7 hrs from now and seeing what you folks are having trouble eating so many months out. Like the lady that was 400 and is 275 in 5 months. my goal is to lose 75 to 125 ish. I don't count but i bet I take in 3,000 calories a day and only gain about 15 pounds a year. So im thinking after a few months I better be back up to 2000 to 2500 calories otherwise i'll become so thin I'll look unheathy. Any body able to do this? thoughts?

oh my gosh people' date=' you are making me nervous. I'm going in 7 hrs from now and seeing what you folks are having trouble eating so many months out. Like the lady that was 400 and is 275 in 5 months. my goal is to lose 75 to 125 ish. I don't count but i bet I take in 3,000 calories a day and only gain about 15 pounds a year. So im thinking after a few months I better be back up to 2000 to 2500 calories otherwise i'll become so thin I'll look unheathy. Any body able to do this? thoughts?[/quote']

First of all, I'm not a woman. Second of all, doubtful you will be up to 2000 calories anytime soon, if ever. According to your numbers, you only need to cut 144 calories a day and you would not gain another pound. If that we're true, you could do it without surgery. Many people here need to lose the same amount you would like to lose. We all lose differently. You will not lose as much as I have, nor as fast as I have. The more you have to lose the faster you lose....generally.

Plus as you lose weight, your BMR slows down, meaning you need less calories per day to maintain your weight. So a diet that would cause you to lose weight now, won't do so once you're weight goes down.

Sorry, I noticed gender after posted. Great job losing so much in such a short time. I hope to lose more slowly and have the sleeve limit what I can take in but not to such an extreme that it is a struggle to take in a healthy amount. I'm sure I'll do ok. Good point on how as weight comes down calories needed to maintain weight goes down as well.

i am 1 day shy of 6 weeks post op. i feel like a pig compared to what i hear a lot of other sleevers eating! fyi, ive been a vegetarian for 25 years. i havent had any issues with any foods since surgery nor any pain eating. let me give an example of what i ate today.... Breakfast was a premier Protein shake, lunch was an amys bean cheese rice burrito with half an avacado. dinner was a cup and a half of high Protein spagetti with marinara and a piece of wheat garlic toast. for Snacks i had a handful of pistachios and 2 string cheeses and 4 pretzels. i drink Water all day long just not for at least 30 minutes after i eat. this is just 25% of what i wouldve eaten before surgery but i still feel like a pig! please dont be mean or overly critical, i would just like to knowif anyone else can relate? tia!

Dont compare yourself to others as everyone is different. Your intake sounds ok at 6 weeks out. I find it fluctuates. Some weeks/days, it feels as though I am totally pigging out then other days its tea time before I realise Ive hardly eaten all day.

If you are eating a 1/4 of what you used and still losing weight, then dont sweat it. Its still a significant improvement.

If you are concerned with weightloss you could try swapping your meal around (ie have your high protein meal for Breakfast and lunch and do your Protein Shake for tea).

Im the same as you, no pain, no issues whatsoever with food. Yes I get the odd burping session etc but I can pretty much eat what I want.

I am 11 weeks out. This is what I ate yesterday:-

250ml low fat Protein Drink

Hungry Jacks cheeseburger minus the bread (so only ate the meat patty and cheese)

3 oysters kilpatrick

1/2 very small dinner roll with butter

3 crumbed prawns

4 squares of chocolate

Sml handful of raw nuts

Cup of diet coke

3 tablespoons mashed pumpkin

3 tablespoons cauliflower with white sauce

My diet varies considerably each day. I do not count calories. I have maintained a steady weightloss. Date of surgery, I was 209 lbs (95 kilos) and am now 182 lbs (83 kilos).

I basically eat what I want just in much much smaller portions :) I also find that meat (ie chicken breast) fills me up really really quickly whereas some other foods I can eat a lot of.

Good luck with your journey

I've just had a good kick in the bum and have learned a few things:

*eating after 7-8pm is a no-no for me. It leads to unwanted snacking late into the night = added calories.

* Breakfast is most important meal of the day. No I won't have a big Protein filled cook up, I get too queezy! But a bowl of muesli or Special K with lite milk keeps me satisfied till lunch easily :)

* no more "special" dinners. I'm over it and can't handle the stress! I'm setting up a few basic recipes with portion sizes I can maintain indefinitely :)

* stick to my healthy Snacks

* forget about trying to like everyone else! I haven't had the sleeve yet but I wish I could eat like you. I can stick to under 2000 cals if I follow the above rules and that's wayyyyyy under my ideal intake (at this weight). I think when I'm sleeved ill lose the bread rolls at lunch and the carbs (potatoes, noodles, rice) that I need to fill me up right now at dinner time. I think I will fluctuate between 500-1000 cals and that will be fine!

You only have to find what works for you, you don't have to be perfect! You may find tweaking helps but overall just listen to your body!

If you are struggling then listen to advice but don't take anything as gold! Find a nutritionist or dietician that is happy to provide regular checkups and help YOU with YOUR own personal eating habits :)

I hope this helps a little in motivating and reassuring you! IMO you need to develop a healthy relationship with food, and that is a very personal journey! Good luck and happy travels!!!

oh my gosh people, you are making me nervous. I'm going in 7 hrs from now and seeing what you folks are having trouble eating so many months out. Like the lady that was 400 and is 275 in 5 months. my goal is to lose 75 to 125 ish. I don't count but i bet I take in 3,000 calories a day and only gain about 15 pounds a year. So im thinking after a few months I better be back up to 2000 to 2500 calories otherwise i'll become so thin I'll look unheathy. Any body able to do this? thoughts?

Everyone is different but I have been eating 1600-2200 calories a day for the last 5-6 months maintaining my 167-173lbs with ease. I have not started to work out yet...but I will soon, and plan to lose 5 more pounds that way.

Everytime I train hard I stop losing weight but I lose inches. So lately I said the hell with it and I just been training but inches are surely going away. I am almost in need of a medium shirt now

Because I have been tolerating food so well (I'm starting week 4 post op today), my NUT, last week, put me on a 1000-1200 diet. She warned me not to compare to others and that I will now start losing much slower and also most get stalls.. She said in the long run, it's better for my skin and gall bladder if the rate slows down, but to make sure I can handle that emotionally.. I get in 1000 min a day and up to 1200 and believe me, i COULD eat a lot more! I eat too fast (because I can, but wish I sort of had issues lol)... I also am never full when I am done, but stop and then feel quite full 30 min later and can last easily until next meal. I still feel like i am dieting, although it's easier than it's ever been thanks ot the sleeve...

So, with 1200 being my number and three times at least was the number I ate before, I am confident/hopeful that it will work for me. .Too soon to tell, hence why I am reading this thread lol

Yes' date=' I can eat that much. I'm almost 6 weeks.

I truly cannot understand the people who say they barely force down 400 calories/day. Two Protein drinks are already 320.

I eat between 1000 and 1200/day. Like you, it's about 1/3 or 1/4 what I would've eaten before.

Are you losing weight? I'm currently in a stall so I've been trying to really watch and find more time to exercise. (not easy with 2 little kids and stressful job)

[/quote']

I was thinking the same exact thing. Trying to get in 20 grams of Protein 3 times a day. How can you do that and stay under 400 calories. You cant!!

I think you are doing great! You are fueling your body with good quality food... that is important.

You've received some great advise so far... all I would add is not to compare yourself to others... this is your 'journey' and you have to find the right path for you. I am over 2 yrs out now' date=' and in the beginning I was soooo wrapped up with comparing myself to others I actually lost myself for a while. It was horrible especially as in that comparison I felt like a failure! I wasn't losing as much weight as others; not exercising as much as others; my clothes were bigger than others... you get the picture. It took me a long time to realise that I am different to others... my own unique self!

As long as you are happy and you are seeing positive results, then keep doing what works for YOU![/quote']

Did you make your goal weight

Because I have been tolerating food so well (I'm starting week 4 post op today)' date=' my NUT, last week, put me on a 1000-1200 diet. She warned me not to compare to others and that I will now start losing much slower and also most get stalls.. She said in the long run, it's better for my skin and gall bladder if the rate slows down, but to make sure I can handle that emotionally.. I get in 1000 min a day and up to 1200 and believe me, i COULD eat a lot more! I eat too fast (because I can, but wish I sort of had issues lol)... I also am never full when I am done, but stop and then feel quite full 30 min later and can last easily until next meal. I still feel like i am dieting, although it's easier than it's ever been thanks ot the sleeve...

So, with 1200 being my number and three times at least was the number I ate before, I am confident/hopeful that it will work for me. .Too soon to tell, hence why I am reading this thread lol[/quote']

That's exactly what I've been eating since 6 weeks out. I've never had a problem with eating either. Sometimes I feel full right away, sometimes not. But if I stop eating and wait a while, then it hits me.

But yes...it's worked well. My numbers tell it all.

@butter, your numbers rock!!! It was encouraging. I am not discouraged as this site helped knowing people get stalls. I am stalled but eating so healthily. As stated in our other threads, I can eat anything (spicy, ground turkey, chili, etc)... I don't see a stall per your numbers. I also noticed that I was reading a lot of ladies threads, and I must assume that guys can and still will be able to eat more due to our differences in bodies, etc... I just assume if I ate 3000-4000 calories before, even if i do 1500 from time to time, i just HAVE to lose weight lol

Unfortunately I have had stalls. They didn't start until the last 2 months or so. I won't lose an ounce for a 7-10 days....then wake up the next morning with 3 or 4 pounds gone forever. And then the next day it will be 2-3 more pounds gone. Then nothing again for another week. I was still drinking Protein Shakes everyday because I like them so much. About a week ago I decided to cut them out for a while. Almost immediately the scale started dropping and I was more satisfied eating solid Protein instead of drinking the shakes.< /p>

Personally, sounds ok to me...given you are getting all your nutrients & exercise in. All of us are different. I am also 1 day out from 6 weeks post op. I have been able to eat just about anything I want but in moderation. I figure as long as I'm losing weight or inches, the Dr cleared me for resuming a normal diet.