Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Happened To Me? It Was Scary!

The surgeon said to book an appt w/ my PCP soon. He has never heard of these symptoms in relation to sleeve. He mentioned scary words like 'kidney disease, high blood pressure and epilepsy'. I'll see my PCP asap.

I hope everything turns out well. It is true the lack of ghrelin can cause body temperature issues, and myself even 2 years out find it difficult to warm up or even cool down. It's crazy, but I've never had an episode quite as intense as you experienced.

Please keep us updated on how you're doing and share your results too if you don't mind. I'm sure there's someone out there who would benefit from hearing about it.

Take care!

Any updates from your PCP?

I had this three times in the two days after my last c-section. It was terrifying! For me it ended up being because of blood loss. I felt much better after a transfusion.

One of the things I was told one my 1st appointment about the sleeve was that I will always feel a little cold and several of the ladies I work with ate always cold. Now that I've had the procedure I am always in pants long sleeves and a couple of blankets, and an electric blanket( my ac is set at 85 and I live in Texas), but I've never heard of symptoms like yours. I hope nothing is truly wrong

Still not sure what This was. Dr said the mix of medications was unlikely to cause this reaction but couldn't rule it out. Luckily, it hasn't happened since!

Maybe your guardian angel was hovering helping you to heal..

Very happy to hear that they didn't find anything serious wrong with you!!!!

The same thing happened to me the day after one my drains "fell out". (They were in for five weeks and the sutures tore).

My doc said that the shivering was actually the sign of an infection that he thinks occurred when the drain came out. Maybe something went "in" before the hole sealed up. He said that sometimes these infections are severe but rapid, they last a day at most.

Hey ... have you had a flu shot?

The same thing happened to me after I had my son almost 11 years ago. Days of extreme shivering, teeth chattering and could not get warm for anything. I drank so much hot tea I should have stock in Lipton. Tried 2 different antibiotics t which didn't work and wound up going to the ER on Christmas eve. Turns out I had pneumonia and needed IV antibiotics. So I agree with amw157 about a possible infection. Glad you are ok now!!