Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Aetna Sleevers - Share Your Approval And/or Denial Experiences Here!

my doctors submitted their letter oct 20th, I got my approval by november 5th. They sent me and my wls center copies. they didn't call me I called them to verify they got it. You know they may take their sweet time getting to you but after the 6 month wait I was done being patient....of course I found out the earliest I could get was feb 5 surgery date anyway but still, if I'd waited til they called me I might not have been scheduled til march!

my doctors submitted their letter oct 20th' date=' I got my approval by november 5th. They sent me and my wls center copies. they didn't call me I called them to verify they got it. You know they may take their sweet time getting to you but after the 6 month wait I was done being patient....of course I found out the earliest I could get was feb 5 surgery date anyway but still, if I'd waited til they called me I might not have been scheduled til march![/quote']

I kno rt when she submitted my paper my coordinator was like what 14 days nope I calked the next day and was approved the day after that I was already frustrated cause my last appt w them was dec 3 she didn't submitted to the 26 I had to stay on them

Well congrats to all that been sleeved on this thread.....I'm still going through the supervised diet visits and I am on month #3 and have to complete 4months with Aetna. I'm trying to stay positive but I was already told that since I have a lower BMI (39.1) that Aetna may not approve it. I am still going through the process so that I know for sure.....I'm hoping 2013 will be my year of getting sleeved..... :)

Well congrats to all that been sleeved on this thread.....I'm still going through the supervised diet visits and I am on month #3 and have to complete 4months with Aetna. I'm trying to stay positive but I was already told that since I have a lower BMI (39.1) that Aetna may not approve it. I am still going through the process so that I know for sure.....I'm hoping 2013 will be my year of getting sleeved..... :)

Don't get discouraged, my BMI was like 35 and I had no medical issues at all just being overweight and I told the doctors I needed to have surgery as a preventative measure. Everyone experience is difference, but one thing I would tell you is to look up Aetna policy for weightloss and you can call and speak with a rep and they will tell you EXACTLY the qualifications and you would see that you should be fine. My mind use to race with many different thoughts and possibilities, I got sleeved on 12/28/12 and doing great. Get with the coordinator for the surgeon and they have been doing this many ties and know what to submit for approval. I did not have to do any sleep studies, only psych eval, 6mos,2 year weight history and that was it.

Thx goldiva and good luck with the weight loss...I'm going to stay positive and give Aetna a call. Keeping my fingers crossed I can post a thread saying iv

Been approved.

Been approved.

YES!!!!! Moving forward to getting sleeved. Everything should happen in no time at all now, you should be sleeved within 30 days give or take. I happy for you

Still waiting... I was denied 11/26/12, appeals sent 1/11/13... :/

Still waiting... I was denied 11/26/12' date=' appeals sent 1/11/13... :/[/quote']

What insurance do you have.

Once you get the approval does anyone know how long it is good for? So if your approved in July but you are not having it until August?

I have Aetna. Denied because my surgeon's office submitted with only 1 year of weight history.

Once you get the approval does anyone know how long it is good for? So if your approved in July but you are not having it until August?

I'm not sure exactly how long it is with Aetna, because it's my understanding that plans can vary based on how they are negotiated. My plan is 6 months.