Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spoke with my advocate yesterday and the MD medical clearance only took 2 days instead of 2 weeks!!! I am so siked cause my packet was submitted to the insurance company yesterday! Does anyone have the same provider, if so how long before you got an answer?

I have Anthem BCBS CA and it took only took three days to get approval, which I just got yesterday! I don't have the letter yet, but found out I was approved when I called to check the status. I hope yours gets approved quickly too!

I had Anthem BCBS and it was super fast too, just a few days. I had surgery less than a month after approval. Good luck!!

Thank you both for your responses!!

I have Anthem BCBS CA and it took only took three days to get approval' date=' which I just got yesterday! I don't have the letter yet, but found out I was approved when I called to check the status. I hope yours gets approved quickly too![/quote']

Congrats!!! You called bcbs? I didnt realize I could do that.... Who or which department did you call? I will do the same if I havent heard anything by Friday. Do we need the letter before scheduling surgery?

I had Anthem BCBS and it was super fast too' date=' just a few days. I had surgery less than a month after approval. Good luck!![/quote']

Congratulations!!! How are you doing with your sleeve?

Congrats!!! You called bcbs? I didnt realize I could do that.... Who or which department did you call? I will do the same if I havent heard anything by Friday. Do we need the letter before scheduling surgery?

Yep. I called the preauthorization number on the back of my card and they have me the info. My doctor requires the letter before scheduling surgery.

I waited a week until I called and found out it had been approved after 2 days. Then realized the letter (which I thought was junk mail) was sitting on my counter unopened!

The surgeon had to review my chart and confirm we were ready to schedule, got my date about 10 days after I found out I had approval. October 2!!!!

I waited a week until I called and found out it had been approved after 2 days. Then realized the letter (which I thought was junk mail) was sitting on my counter unopened!

The surgeon had to review my chart and confirm we were ready to schedule' date=' got my date about 10 days after I found out I had approval. October 2!!!![/quote']

So, I need to keep my eyes open for that letter! Got it! 10 days, congratulations!! When are you doing your upper endo?

Congratulations!!! How are you doing with your sleeve?

I'm doing really well. The first 4-6 weeks were tough for me realizing how insanely dependent I was upon food. It was just an emotional time learning how to eat again. I have no regret though and am down about 60 pounds from my highest weight in a relatively short amount of time. I am losing about 2 pounds a week now that the loss has stabilized and my skin is doing pretty well. Most importantly, I am eating so much better and feel SO MUCH better. No more meds, snoring or chronic fatigue. No regrets at all!

Good luck to you! I hope everything goes perfect for you!

That's so encouraging that you found out so fast. I've heard that they're fast if everything's in order, but nothing like seeing other people's experiences.

So the suspense was killing me so I called bcbs and it was still pending.... :(

So the suspense was killing me so I called bcbs and it was still pending.... :(

My insurance coordinator told me BCBS of CA (Anthem) is the best insurance for bariatric surgery and if you meet the qualifications, it's a slam dunk. Don't worry - they are just reviewing!

After reading so many stories on here, I tend to believe the coordinator. We are very, very blessed with such good insurance benefits!

My insurance coordinator told me BCBS of CA (Anthem) is the best insurance for bariatric surgery and if you meet the qualifications' date=' it's a slam dunk. Don't worry - they are just reviewing!

After reading so many stories on here, I tend to believe the coordinator. We are very, very blessed with such good insurance benefits![/quote']

I know it will work out, I'm just anxious and excited.

I got approved!!!!!