Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Found out today that my surgery date will be October 22! Anyone getting sleeved around that time, let me know and we can all keep eachother going and focused! God, that's less than a month away! Pre-op appointment set for the 10th, will start the all liquid diet that day too (ick!) I am so excited but nervous about the surgery. Any tips or what to expect for what's coming up? :)

I just got approved for surgery today. No date yet, but should find out within a day or two. I'm really nervous now, panic feelings almost. Did you feel that way?

Congrats on getting approved! Yes! I was SO excited when I found out but I am also really nervous about it. They actually gave me the option of doing it a week earlier than that but I feel like I need the extra time to get mentally prepared haha. It helps to see all of these people telling their stories, if it worked for this many people, it'll work for us too!

Just think, we have made it this far, and this going to be one of the greatest things we will ever do for ourselves!

I work with a woman who was sleeved on 19oct last year. She is the one who told me and has been an enormous wealth of information and support. In one year, she has lost 100lbs, had a Tummy Tuck and boob job done 3 wks ago, and looks fabulous. I can't wait to tell her tomorrow, and I know she'll continue to help me. You and I can work through this together if you like. I'm not always on here, as I work in an isolated mine in the arctic and Internet connection is not always perfect. But I'll certainly try as much as possible to help you.

Well I'm in the same month. I'm scheduled for October 9th!!! Week and a half a way!!! So excited but super nervous, I'm actually breaking out!! :/ and no liquid diet for me just now food or drinking night before!!!

Yeah I would love that! I'm sure you have the inside scoop since you personally know someone who has had it done! Let me know when you schedule your surgery date!

Hey congrats, that's really close! I'm very jealous of you not having to get on the all liquid diet, I hear that is pretty much the hardest part

Congratulations! Best advice at this point, is stay strong, stay focused, and always remember where you are going and never forget where you've been. :)

Congrats! Im 23 andI'll be sleeved around the same time, I find out the exact date on my pre op appointment on October 9th but it will most likely be the week of the 15th from what they've told me. I'm excited but nerves are starting to set in. I think when I actually know the official date they'll be worse but luckily I won't have too much time to dwell on them lol.

Hey there, congrats on setting a date. I was sleeved on the 11th (so 17 days out). A couple of suggestions, go ahead and wean yourself off of sodas and caffeine if you haven't already. Also, try to work on not drinking with your meals or 30 minutes before/after your meals. The reason I said this is because today I went out to lunch with some friends for the first time and I realized how difficult it was not to drink with them (just water) before the meal got there.

I would also go ahead and investigate Protein Shakes if your dr has that on your menu. See which ones you like, maybe see if they have samples etc before investing lots of money in something that you cant stand.

Also, read, read, read about the surgery, ask all the questions you can and be as informed as you can!

Good luck and congrats! See you on the losers bench before you gals know it!

Found out today that my surgery date will be October 22! Anyone getting sleeved around that time, let me know and we can all keep eachother going and focused! God, that's less than a month away! Pre-op appointment set for the 10th, will start the all liquid diet that day too (ick!) I am so excited but nervous about the surgery. Any tips or what to expect for what's coming up? :)

Got my surgery date today, unfortunately, due to my work rotations (I work 2 wks at the mine site, with 2 wks off) its not until 3rd December. But at least I have the date, and real, it will go fast and before I know it, it will be my turn....Mexico in December can't be bad eh?