Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Need To Lose 20Lbs

Met with the Surgeon this morning and he said all is a go but before he can schedule my op date he wants me to lose 20lbs so the liver can shrink before surgery... UGH!!! This sounds like mission impossible but I have to do everything in my power to get it done. Does anyone have any tips on losing weight fast and healthy ?

what I remember from my pre op diet you need to have at least 70g Protein so I actually end up with 5 shakes per day.

I did a liquid diet of 5 Protein Shakes a day and some Soups occasionally and lost almost 25 lbs in 2 weeks. You can do it!

I am starting my liquid diet tomorrow and getting sleeved on Oct 12 , my doctor also told me to lose 15-20 lbs before ... I agree with you on the 'Mission Impossible" Today I tried to get a jump start but failed misserably ... I started with a 1/2 of coffee with 1 tsp of sugar free Creamer & 1 equal , then I had a Protein shake , later I had 1 cup of low sodium beef&onion broth , sugar free Jello .... and by this evening I was drying for food .... so I had some left overs from yesterday............................. but tomorrow I have to start without a doubt .... pleaseeeeeeeeee give me so advice.

I am only allowed 2 shakes and all the sugar free drinks , yogurt ,skim milk,

I did the liquid diet on my own. Let me tell u the first 2 days are the hardest!!! You realize how much u actually think of and want food! By day 3 I was much better. Not as hungry. I'd have a shake for bfast (730). lunch (12) and supper (5). If I got hungry in between I drank lots of Water s(sometimes with crystal light)

I haven't done my preop diet yet but my dr requires a 15 liquid that consists of 5 Protein Shakes and all the Water you want. Sounds delish right? Haha

My surgeon requires a 2 weeks liquid diet as well. His nurse says the liquid diet will typically cause you to lose between 9 and 20 lbs. My suggestion is to get some of the Special K Protein Water packets. While they only have 5g of protein, I have found that they really help to keep the hunger pains away. I won't have to start my liquid diet unitl Nov. 2, but I'm trying to start weening myself so it won't be a jump off a cliff. There are only a couple of bad parts, but I'm sure I'll survive. My b-day is the day before the start of the liquid diet, and my sugery is the Friday before Thanksgiving....but I'm not waiting any longer! Good luck, I hope this was at least a little bit helpful.