Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I received the news yesterday that my DH's employer does not offer bariatric coverage. Needless to say I was devastated.

In another forum that I was browsing, I started hearing about Mexico and someone mentioned this forum. I've been reading some of the posts and am now intrigued. I have some questions that right off the bat, I couldn't find answers for - and am hoping ya'll can help!

1. What is needed in the way of referrals, PCP documentation, or pre-op diets (outside of liquid in the weeks prior)? Anything?

2. When the price is quoted as all inclusive, has anyone experienced any "oops" charges? Or expenses that you weren't prepared for? So all inclusive is surgery, hospitalization, physician fees, hotel after surgery? What about before surgery? Did you go straight from the airport to the hospital?

3. How long were you there post-op?

4. How is follow up care managed?

5. What about support? The doctor I had chosen state side has a support group for his patients (I have a friend checking to see if it's open to outside folks for me next week!), but if that wasn't an option for you, did you get active anywhere else with support or just through VST?

6. How was the language barrier in your experience? I may be traveling alone - and am a social creature - I need interaction - and this is probably, off the bat one of my biggest fears.

7. Flying is also scaring me. I used to love it - but hate it now (one bad flight to Salt Lake City) - and am always fearful I'm going to get to the airport and they're going to make me buy another seat. I would be mortified. But, beyond that - how was the flight home? I'm east coast (VA) so it would NOT be a short flight at all.

8. Medication - did anyone having trouble filling scrips in the states from a mexican physician (I really just don't know how that works - I would assume it's ok but not confident enough not to ask). For those insured, but not covered for WLS, did insurance cover the scrips?

9. Is there anyone who used their own hotel or lodging? My family has quite a bit of time share in Mexico, all throughout Mexico. I'm curious as to whether or not there's a discount or if they would take the lodging part off my bill if I can provide my own lodging at a condo?

10. Is there anywhere that I would want to avoid (considering I may be traveling solo) for safety reasons?

THANK YOU!!!!!

Hi there...I've been researching vertical sleeve since beginning of Aug and here's what I've learned so far........

I received the news yesterday that my DH's employer does not offer bariatric coverage. Needless to say I was devastated.

In another forum that I was browsing, I started hearing about Mexico and someone mentioned this forum. I've been reading some of the posts and am now intrigued. I have some questions that right off the bat, I couldn't find answers for - and am hoping ya'll can help!

1. What is needed in the way of referrals, PCP documentation, or pre-op diets (outside of liquid in the weeks prior)? Anything? I've researched two different surgeons and as far a referral or PCP documentation, at least with my health history, it hasnt been required. I did read of one patient with heart disease who had to have cardiac tests done stateside and send them to their surgeon of choice before they were approved for surgery. Pre-op diet varies between surgeons, and according to your weight. Once you choose a surgeon and contact them, the patient coordinator will walk you through everything else.

2. When the price is quoted as all inclusive, has anyone experienced any "oops" charges? Or expenses that you weren't prepared for? So all inclusive is surgery, hospitalization, physician fees, hotel after surgery? What about before surgery? Did you go straight from the airport to the hospital? Most quoted surgery prices include hotel the night before surgery and 1-2 days after surgery. All of your "ground transportation" is included as well. Your patient assistant will be responsible for carting you around, booking your rooms, and attending to your needs. Everything aside from your roundtrip airfare is included in the surgery price. With that being said, there is still the risk of the "unexpected" (ie leaks, hernias, scar tissue removal, other complications) some may be covered in the initial cost, some will be extra charges. Ask your patient coordinator LOTS of questions to find out for sure, run through all scenarios.

3. How long were you there post-op? Both surgeons I have been researching have a two day hospital stay, followed by 1-2 days hotel afterward with frequent checks by the doctor and staff.

4. How is follow up care managed? Your PCP can do the required follow up care, but I've learned that some apparently will not, I assume for liability reasons or just plain prejudice.

5. What about support? The doctor I had chosen state side has a support group for his patients (I have a friend checking to see if it's open to outside folks for me next week!), but if that wasn't an option for you, did you get active anywhere else with support or just through VST? I have joined several online groups, nothing local as far as I know.

6. How was the language barrier in your experience? I may be traveling alone - and am a social creature - I need interaction - and this is probably, off the bat one of my biggest fears. Your patient assistant and driver should be english speaking, I've seen varied responses on the hospital staff, depends on the hospital I think, but most seem to know some english. Some folks recommend a spanish dictionary or mobile phone language app.

7. Flying is also scaring me. I used to love it - but hate it now (one bad flight to Salt Lake City) - and am always fearful I'm going to get to the airport and they're going to make me buy another seat. I would be mortified. But, beyond that - how was the flight home? I'm east coast (VA) so it would NOT be a short flight at all. I am in Ohio, so I would have a long flight home as well. Most people say the flight home wasn't bad, you are given meds to take along. I'm worried about this too..a 13 hour flight with layovers won't be something I look forward to after surgery, even on pain meds!

8. Medication - did anyone having trouble filling scrips in the states from a mexican physician (I really just don't know how that works - I would assume it's ok but not confident enough not to ask). For those insured, but not covered for WLS, did insurance cover the scrips? You should be provided with all required post-op meds.

9. Is there anyone who used their own hotel or lodging? My family has quite a bit of time share in Mexico, all throughout Mexico. I'm curious as to whether or not there's a discount or if they would take the lodging part off my bill if I can provide my own lodging at a condo? This you could discuss with your patient coordinator.

10. Is there anywhere that I would want to avoid (considering I may be traveling solo) for safety reasons? I have the same concerns, but 100% of the reviews I've read people say they never saw or heard anything to make them feel unsafe. If anything, they felt very well looked after and even pampered. Once you get off the plane, you are taken under their wing! :)

THANK YOU!!!!!

Hi,

I haven't been sleeved yet, but below is what I have found out so far :)

1. What is needed in the way of referrals, PCP documentation, or pre-op diets (outside of liquid in the weeks prior)? Anything? All I had to do was fill out a health history and my coordinator passed it along to the doctor at which time I found out I was approved. If he seen anything out of the oridinary he would request me to have testing done here. I did however want to be pro active to I went to my PCP and had her order a whole bunch of test and I sent the results to Dr.Garcia in case anything was out of the ordinary to him,

2. When the price is quoted as all inclusive, has anyone experienced any "oops" charges? Or expenses that you weren't prepared for? So all inclusive is surgery, hospitalization, physician fees, hotel after surgery? What about before surgery? Did you go straight from the airport to the hospital? I am going through Ready4Achange and with Dr.Garcia the price covers ground transport to and from San Diego ( they will have their driver pick you up and bring you to the hotel), your pre-operative lab work, physical, pre-operative 1 hotel night, your hospital stay (2 nights ), post op x-ray, 2 nights of post op hotel and all post-op medications. All packages include everything except your airfare

3. How long were you there post-op? 2 nights in hospital and 2 nights in hotel

4. How is follow up care managed? I talked to my PCP and she agreed to do any follow-up test that I may need

5. What about support? The doctor I had chosen state side has a support group for his patients (I have a friend checking to see if it's open to outside folks for me next week!), but if that wasn't an option for you, did you get active anywhere else with support or just through VST? I was just planning on talking to my VST friends :) or even finding people close to home from the boards. I am also fortunate enough to have a friend that is going to have the sleeve done in March so I talk to her too.

6. How was the language barrier in your experience? I may be traveling alone - and am a social creature - I need interaction - and this is probably, off the bat one of my biggest fears. - From what I read this hasn't been much of a problem, but can not speak from personal experience yet :)

7. Flying is also scaring me. I used to love it - but hate it now (one bad flight to Salt Lake City) - and am always fearful I'm going to get to the airport and they're going to make me buy another seat. I would be mortified. But, beyond that - how was the flight home? I'm east coast (VA) so it would NOT be a short flight at all. Maybe you can try JetBlue - I know they normally have bigger seats, my sister is smaller then me and she asked what airline we were flying when I told her jetblue she was relieved because she said on spirit and another few her being a size 16 she was tight but JetBlue I flew on when I was bigger and had no issues that is why I chose to pick them, maybe something to look into. I am also flying from the east coast, NJ here :)

8. Medication - did anyone having trouble filling scrips in the states from a mexican physician (I really just don't know how that works - I would assume it's ok but not confident enough not to ask). For those insured, but not covered for WLS, did insurance cover the scrips? As noted above the perscriptions are part of the package, I would think it would be like this with all of the doctors, just do your research to make sure when you narrowed your search to the doctor of your liking.

9. Is there anyone who used their own hotel or lodging? My family has quite a bit of time share in Mexico, all throughout Mexico. I'm curious as to whether or not there's a discount or if they would take the lodging part off my bill if I can provide my own lodging at a condo? This would make it tough because you want to be monitored after surgery, plus extra time is included in the packages

10. Is there anywhere that I would want to avoid (considering I may be traveling solo) for safety reasons? I haven't heard of anyone being scared after they arrived, I think everyone has the initial worry factor.

Best of luck to you and your search! :)

THANK YOU!!!!!

I have a ton of logistics questions about next week that I didn't think of before. I am having surgery next week in TJ with Dr Lopez. I know I check in to the hotel on the 1st nite but where is my belongings stored when I am in the hospital? I am assuming they check us out of the hotel while we are in the hospital and then recheck back in afterwards.

What happens to my belongings when I am in the hospital? Is there a safe at the hotel I can use for my passport and cash? Also how much cash should I bring? Should it be in Mexican currency or American?

I have 2 small roller bags that I was going to bring. Mainly because unfortunately for work I might have to bring my laptop (I am hoping I don't which would leave me only with 1 bag).

If anyone can help soothe my mind that would be great. I am needless to say slightly anxious:)

I have ave a ton of logistics questions about next week that I didn't think of before. I am having surgery next week in TJ with Dr Lopez. I know I check in to the hotel on the 1st nite but where is my belongings stored when I am in the hospital? I am assuming they check us out of the hotel while we are in the hospital and then recheck back in afterwards.

What happens to my belongings when I am in the hospital? Is there a safe at the hotel I can use for my passport and cash? Also how much cash should I bring? Should it be in Mexican currency or American?

I have 2 small roller bags that I was going to bring. Mainly because unfortunately for work I might have to bring my laptop (I am hoping I don't which would leave me only with 1 bag).

If anyone can help soothe my mind that would be great. I am needless to say slightly anxious:)

I would ask a coordinator if you are working with one in regards to your belongings. As far as cash I have read in numerous places to just take small denominations of US dollars, no converting (Just make sure your aware of the conversion rate though just for your own knowledge) I was thinking of taking $100 with me and just in case taking a prepaid credit card with a little extra just as a backup.

Best of luck to you!!!

Hi I had surgery with Dr Aceves on 8/31. Here's my experience:

1. What is needed in the way of referrals, PCP documentation, or pre-op diets (outside of liquid in the weeks prior)? Anything? My coordinator emailed me a healthquestionnaire that I completed online and emailed back. My BMI was less than 40 so I did not have apre-op diet, but I did use the time to wean myself off sugar and caffeine. If i had been over 40 BMI I would have had a liquid diet for 2 weeks to shrink my liver.

2. When the price is quoted as all inclusive, has anyone experienced any "oops" charges? Or expenses that you weren't prepared for? So all inclusive is surgery, hospitalization, physician fees, hotel after surgery? What about before surgery? Did you go straight from the airport to the hospital? I had no extra charges. Hernia repair was included and Dr Aveves repaired the hernia I didn't even know I had. Everything was included. Pre-op night in a beautiful hotel, surgery and three nights in the hospital afterward. I went to the hospital from the airport for pre-op tests and to meet his assistant, Dr Campos and some of the staff. I then was taken to the hotel and picked up the next morning to go for surgery.

3. How long were you there post-op? I was in the hosptal three nights post-op. Surgery was Friday and I went home Monday morning.

4. How is follow up care managed? I have an aftercare coordinator through Dr Aceves I can call or email with any post-op concerns. My PCP is taking care of me for my scripts and everything else though.

5. What about support? The doctor I had chosen state side has a support group for his patients (I have a friend checking to see if it's open to outside folks for me next week!), but if that wasn't an option for you, did you get active anywhere else with support or just through VST? I am lucky enought to have this site as well as a great August Sleevers support group on FB that was created with vst members. 24/7 support and encouragement!

6. How was the language barrier in your experience? I may be traveling alone - and am a social creature - I need interaction - and this is probably, off the bat one of my biggest fears. I was given a list of common questions and answers. The staff had basic English skills and if not, we had fun trying to understand each other :) Plus there were everal other Americans n my wing in various stages of recovery so there was always someone to talk to. I flew alone, but was never lonely. I was lucky that Frza had the same surgery date so I had her and her father for company the whole time.

7. Flying is also scaring me. I used to love it - but hate it now (one bad flight to Salt Lake City) - and am always fearful I'm going to get to the airport and they're going to make me buy another seat. I would be mortified. But, beyond that - how was the flight home? I'm east coast (VA) so it would NOT be a short flight at all.The flight for me was fine. I did bring a stuffed animal (my Paddington from childhood) to put between my stomach and the seatbelt and the bumping was minimal.

8. Medication - did anyone having trouble filling scrips in the states from a mexican physician (I really just don't know how that works - I would assume it's ok but not confident enough not to ask). For those insured, but not covered for WLS, did insurance cover the scrips? I had enough meds for the first month (pain reliever & PPI) but my PCP will write new ones if I need them. I expect to only need a PPI for the acid. I haven't used pain meds except for a headache since surgery. Dr Aceves uses a morphine shot which controls the pain for 24 hours so I never had any pain.

9. Is there anyone who used their own hotel or lodging? My family has quite a bit of time share in Mexico, all throughout Mexico. I'm curious as to whether or not there's a discount or if they would take the lodging part off my bill if I can provide my own lodging at a condo? Hotel was included so I don;t know about this one.

10. Is there anywhere that I would want to avoid (considering I may be traveling solo) for safety reasons? It was extremely hot outside and I really didn't feel up to exploring anywhere after surgery. the furthest I went was across the street to the pharmacy to get more of the Pantazol (Nexium) and the Supradol (dissolving pain killers) for just-in-case. Still haven't used the Supradol but I'm glad I got the Pantazol as I had a bit of acid issues and the Pantazol is dissolvable. Frza's father and another patients husband walked around to different restaraunts in the area and a nearby mall.

Hope this helps and you feel a little better a.bout your decision I had a fantastic experience and I would recommend Dr Aceves and his staff to anyone. I went alone and it was a VIP experience. I never felt alone or scared that I made the wrong choice.

THANK YOU!!!!!

I know I check in to the hotel on the 1st nite but where is my belongings stored when I am in the hospital? I am assuming they check us out of the hotel while we are in the hospital and then recheck back in afterwards.

More likely you'll have the hotel room for the whole time you're here.

Is there a safe at the hotel I can use for my passport and cash?

Undoubtedly.

Also how much cash should I bring? Should it be in Mexican currency or American?

Bring as much money as you like and don't forget to spend it. Tijuana uses both the peso and the dollar. Credit cards are widely accepted.

It's hard to know what you'll need to pay for. Your clinic should have arranged for payment of their package with you already. If you have to pay extra for the hotel, they normally take credit cards. Restaurants, if you're allowed them, can run from $5 to $100 per person per meal and will be less expensive than their counterparts in the U.S. Taxis run between $5 and $15 per trip. There's a nice museum close by, the Centro Cultural or CECUT, that charges about $5 for admission and another $5 for Cinerama movies.

You can find more information on our blog, http://realtijuana.blogspot.com/

I'm a Tijuana resident, not a bariatric patient, so I'll answer only the questions I'm suitable for.

2. When the price is quoted as all inclusive, has anyone experienced any "oops" charges? Or expenses that you weren't prepared for?

You should have received a quotation in writing. Anything beyond that specification needs your approval. If you can't come to an agreement, you should contact Cotuco, SecTurE, or the Comisión de Arbitraje Médico del Estado to intervene on your behalf. The clinic is able to contact all three agencies. Your hotel knows at least the first two.

Cotuco is our local tourist commission, the first line of defense. SecTurE is the state Department of Tourism; I think they still have attorneys on staff. CAME is the state arbitrator for medical and dental problems.

Did you go straight from the airport to the hospital?

It's probably more common to let you settle into your hotel room first. But that's not set in stone.

6. How was the language barrier in your experience? I may be traveling alone - and am a social creature - I need interaction

The clinics are full of people who speak English. On the street and in the hotels, if you look even vaguely gringo, people often introduce themselves just to practice their English on you. And the upper-class folks like to show off how much English they can speak.

8. Medication - did anyone having trouble filling scrips in the states from a mexican physician

Mexican doctors' prescriptions are filled in Mexico, U.S. doctors' prescriptions are filled in the U.S. You can cross the border with Mexican meds as long as they're for personal use; Customs rarely even asks to see the scrips.

9. Is there anyone who used their own hotel or lodging? * * * would take the lodging part off my bill if I can provide my own lodging at a condo?

Most clinics have arrangements with particular hotels and get those rooms at a good discount. They can credit you for whatever they would have had to pay the hotel for your stay. (Tijuana trivia: the family that owns Hospital Ángeles also owns Hotel Camino Real down the street.)

10. Is there anywhere that I would want to avoid (considering I may be traveling solo) for safety reasons?

That depends on how adventurous you are. But the only area nearby that you might want to avoid is the red-light district (known as "La Coahuila" or the "zona norte") northwest of Revolución and First Street downtown. Your clinic and hotel will most likely be in the Zona Río, one of the more upscale parts of town.

Enjoy your stay! Try to do something cultural while you're here.

1. Just the patient info form & a mushy 3 week diet.

2. Only paid for my souvies and broth & juice at one meal out.

3. 3 days post-op.

4. I haven't needed any but with your local PCP.

5. I use this board and 2 Facebook groups.

6. I had no issues with language.

7. I squished my butt on the flight there, luckily next to a skinny person. On the way back, I took 1/4 a pain pill before boarding and slept most of the flight. The turbulence landing on the way back sucked and I slept it off most of the day. Charlotte NC has a direct flight to San Diego, 5.5 hrs :). I paid like $528 rt.

8. Meds were included in my surgery price though you can buy extra there.

9. The hotels are nice and I would think you would want to be where the drs other patients are to make friends and easier for him to do checkups.

10. I felt safe in Tj.

In another forum that I was browsing' date=' I started hearing about Mexico and someone mentioned this forum. I've been reading some of the posts and am now intrigued. I have some questions that right off the bat, I couldn't find answers for - and am hoping ya'll can help!

1. What is needed in the way of referrals, PCP documentation, or pre-op diets (outside of liquid in the weeks prior)? Anything?

My Dr (Alvarez in Piedras Negras, MX) has his own health firms you fill out and send to him, after he goes over those he will tell you how long you pre op diet is. Mine was 10 days.

2. When the price is quoted as all inclusive, has anyone experienced any "oops" charges? Or expenses that you weren't prepared for? So all inclusive is surgery, hospitalization, physician fees, hotel after surgery? What about before surgery? Did you go straight from the airport to the hospital? The price included everything but airfare, food for my hubby and gifts we bought to bring home. All transportation from airport to hospital and back was included. We did tip our driver.

3. How long were you there post-op? 48 hours in the hospital

4. How is follow up care managed? I see my PCP here at home. I can call or text my surgeon and coordinator with any questions or concerns.

5. What about support? The doctor I had chosen state side has a support group for his patients (I have a friend checking to see if it's open to outside folks for me next week!), but if that wasn't an option for you, did you get active anywhere else with support or just through VST? We have a local sleevers group and some surgeons in my area have groups that are open to anyone.

6. How was the language barrier in your experience? I may be traveling alone - and am a social creature - I need interaction - and this is probably, off the bat one of my biggest fears. My Dr and all of his team speak wonderful English. The hospital staff did not but there is someone on the floor that speaks English all the time.

7. Flying is also scaring me. I used to love it - but hate it now (one bad flight to Salt Lake City) - and am always fearful I'm going to get to the airport and they're going to make me buy another seat. I would be mortified. But, beyond that - how was the flight home? I'm east coast (VA) so it would NOT be a short flight at all.

Flight home was tiring. Looking back, I would have stayed an extra day at the hotel just to rest before flying home.

8. Medication - did anyone having trouble filling scrips in the states from a mexican physician (I really just don't know how that works - I would assume it's ok but not confident enough not to ask). For those insured, but not covered for WLS, did insurance cover the scrips? My surgeon gives you the meds you need, no scripts needed.

9. Is there anyone who used their own hotel or lodging? My family has quite a bit of time share in Mexico, all throughout Mexico. I'm curious as to whether or not there's a discount or if they would take the lodging part off my bill if I can provide my own lodging at a condo? I stayed at hospital the time I was actually in Mexico. Maybe after surgery, stay a few days at a timeshare to recover. ;)

10. Is there anywhere that I would want to avoid (considering I may be traveling solo) for safety reasons? I chose not to go to Tijuana for personal reasons. I felt very safe crossing the border at Eagle Pass, Texas. Many people cross into Mexico daily, there is a whole Medical Tourism industry. I felt safer going to Piedras Negras than crossing the border into other cities.

THANK YOU!!!!![/quote']

I had my sleeve surgery in TJ by dr Garcia 8/31. If you have any questions that weren't answered here, message me.

2. When the price is quoted as all inclusive, has anyone experienced any "oops" charges? Or expenses that you weren't prepared for? So all inclusive is surgery, hospitalization, physician fees, hotel after surgery? What about before surgery? Did you go straight from the airport to the hospital?

3. How long were you there post-op?

4. How is follow up care managed?

5. What about support? The doctor I had chosen state side has a support group for his patients (I have a friend checking to see if it's open to outside folks for me next week!), but if that wasn't an option for you, did you get active anywhere else with support or just through VST?

6. How was the language barrier in your experience? I may be traveling alone - and am a social creature - I need interaction - and this is probably, off the bat one of my biggest fears.

8. Medication - did anyone having trouble filling scrips in the states from a mexican physician (I really just don't know how that works - I would assume it's ok but not confident enough not to ask). For those insured, but not covered for WLS, did insurance cover the scrips?

9. Is there anyone who used their own hotel or lodging? My family has quite a bit of time share in Mexico, all throughout Mexico. I'm curious as to whether or not there's a discount or if they would take the lodging part off my bill if I can provide my own lodging at a condo?

THANK YOU!!!!!

i also had no coverage and went to mexico. i will tell u of my experience but do as muc h research as u can. i used dr. jamie Ponce de leon in tiajuana, he coordinaters name is trish. i choose dr Ponce because of recomdations from this forum. i found orther o.t.r. truck drivers that had used dr. p. and knew i wasnt reading bogus blogs. the price was all inclusive, hospital (not clinic) all tests, and hotel. i did not want to make a vacation of it, just done and home. the only thing extra was airfare, west palm, fl. to sandiego, $375.00 rd. trip. trish, my coordinator was wonderful, she was there for me every step of the way. she spoke perfect english. i arrived on mon. the 1st. of oct. and was picked up at the san. airport. the driver spoke english and drove me to the hospital. i settled right in and had surgery that day. most of the people there did not speak english but there was always one that did. i had no problem with the language difference. all the staff there where absolutly wonderful. remember their patients are mostly american and canadian.im going to be honest now, the nite after sugery was terrible, lots of pain, gas and blouted related. the staff was there and i did get pain medication which helped a lot but it was still a horific nite. the next day u need to walk, walk, walk to help get all that gas out. day 2 was better but still not gr8. every day after got a little better. i am in day 8 now and going back to work tomorrow. would take anothercouple of days if i could but cant afford it. istayed in the hospital mon. tues. and on wed they took me to a very nice hotel. that afternoon trish came and picked me up and we went shopping, some things for the grand kids and wife. thurs. i was picked up at the hotel and off to the airport . although i am afraid of flying the flight had no affect on the surgery. my total out of pocket was $5600 plus airfare. i didnt pay anything untill i arrived at the hospital and i paid w/ credit card. i did have to fax my flight itinery ahead of time to show i was coming. as far as medication, they gave me every thing i needed to take home w/ me. i am lucky in the fact that my pcp was very suportive and is doing all ny followup. already been to him twice. i had 4 days of pre op diet, no referrals. i brought $100.00 in cash w/ me but other then doing some shopping i didnt need any money except for a couple of tips at the hotel and my drivers. i packed very, very lite. i suggest a over head compatment bag w/ wheels. leave a little room for med. etc. on return trip. the airports were gr8, wheel chairs between connecting flights, just tell ur flite attendant and she will call ahead and have a wheel chair waiting for u. dont think of it as a vacation, pack lite go get it done and then home to relax. im in day 8 and a little weak but i feel gr8 and im down 24 lbs. already. everyday gets a little better. if u have any others questions ill b happy to help and if u want email me direct. philcuccia@yahoo.com.....phil

1. Nothing no referral at all. Pre op diet was emailed to me and I had to do it if I didn't I would have gone all that way and them not be able to preform surgery.

2. NO oppps and I didn't ask about what if's I wish I did not I had to pay a deposit to hold my date and then get a cashiers check and email them a copy of it and bring it with me. Hotel was covered for me, surgery, transportation from airport to hotel and back and forth between hotel and center. Hotel was covered for me the night before also.

3. How long were you there post-op? I arrived on a Friday night and flew home Thursday evening. They give you the times you can arrive and leave.

4. How is follow up care managed? I had to follow up on my own with my PCP or find a barbaric surgeon that would take me on as a patient.

5. What about support? is my family and my friend who went with me. Also I keep in touch with everyone I got Sleeved with at the facility.

6. How was the language barrier in your experience? NONE at all they all speak very good English or at least everyone I dealt with . Some are better than others but really I lived in TX for a few years so I didn't really notice a huge difference.

7. I had to fly to WA state so I had two flights with a connection and I did just fine but I don't have an issue with traveling.

8. I didn't have anything to fill they sent me home with stuff but there are no major pain meds that I was taking after the 3 day mark.

9. I don't know if they would remove a charge for this but you might have to get yourself transportation too then.

10. Is there anywhere that I would want to avoid (considering I may be traveling solo) for safety reasons? We didn't have an issue at all we also went out together as a group my friend that went with me and the other gals getting surgery.