Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where's The Beef ( And Chicken And Pork )

Question...

How many veteran Sleevers are able to eat beef (steak) with no complications? When were you able to start? What type of problems did you run into?

What about chicken and pork?

Basically I'm looking for the good and bad experiences of transition to eating meat. And your suggestions too.

I'm pre-sleeve but know that I will be counting the days to when I can eat meat again once I have surgery. I'm preparing now --yes, I'm neurotic.

xxoxo

Dana

Question...

How many veteran Sleevers are able to eat beef (steak) with no complications? When were you able to start? What type of problems did you run into?

Basically I'm looking for the good and bad experiences of transition to eating meat. And your suggestions too.

I'm pre-sleeve but know that I will be counting the days to when I can eat meat again once I have surgery. I'm preparing now --yes' date=' I'm neurotic.

xxoxo

Dana[/quote']

I will be 6 weeks post op tomorrow and I had a little bit of steak over the weekend at a wedding. I must admit, I chewed like crazy but it didn't hurt me.

I will be 6 weeks post op tomorrow and I had a little bit of steak over the weekend at a wedding. I must admit' date=' I chewed like crazy but it didn't hurt me.[/quote']

Good to know. i hope I am that lucky. My nut told me beef, rice and bread are the least tolerated foods post sleeve

Just Do It!!!

I've tried all three and I was fine. I was worried about the bread though. I think it was more psychological than anything, but I try to stay away. When I ate it I had no choice...it was try to eat that or nothing for a very long time. I took a. Ery long time to eat it.

I can eat it all. Steak does better well-marinated or with a little marbling and I eat mine well done. Poultry is not problem. Beef is no problem. I don't mess with pork because it's nasty but I'm sure if I did, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Chew it well, add a low-carb sauce if need be. You should be okay.

I'm 4 weeks and the only thing I have problems with is ham and scrambled eggs, and it's because they are too dry.

Steak, beef, chicken, pork, fish. All so far so good.

Good to know. i hope I am that lucky. My nut told me beef, rice and bread are the least tolerated foods post sleeve

Just Do It!!!

I'm hope I'm that lucky too! My NUT said steak/beef is usually tolerated after 4 months....

at 4 months PO, i had a small piece of steak

it was very heavy in my stomach - I always loved steak - this is one of the only foods i can't/don't eat

at 4 months PO, i had a small piece of steak

it was very heavy in my stomach - I always loved steak - this is one of the only foods i can't/don't eat

Oh nooo.... well, maybe down the road you'll be able to tolerate it better.

Question...

I'm pre-sleeve but know that I will be counting the days to when I can eat meat again once I have surgery. I'm preparing now --yes, I'm neurotic.

xxoxo

Dana

Well I am about 5 month out now and I still can not eat 4 oz of steak. I can eat about 2 Ozs. I can eat about 3 ozs. of chicken. and 2 ozs of pork loin. The only problem is that it has to be moist and I don't like gravy or sauce on my food. I was able to eat these things about 3month out.

I'm six months out and still can not tolerate bread milk or dairy can eat minuscule amounts of pork and chicken and fish. Mind you I am still only eating about 80 grams of food at a time. And losing 1 - 1.5 kg a wk. see surgeon tomorrow to review y.

I am 10 weeks out and can eat all three meats. The better prepared the easier they go down. I was afraid when it came to eating steak though. A friend grilled some, I cut it into small pieces and chewed well, surprisingly no problem and it tasted great.

My issue to date has been with fish which has been very surprising. This was not so much a sleeve rejection but more a taste bud problem.

I eat steak at least once per week! About 3-4 ounces. chicken and pork too. There is nothing my sleeve of steel can't handle! I'm thinking 3/4 of sleevers are like me and can handle anything post op. I have been eating all meats with no trouble since 3 months out

I eat steak at least once per week! About 3-4 ounces. chicken and pork too. There is nothing my sleeve of steel can't handle! I'm thinking 3/4 of sleevers are like me and can handle anything post op. I have been eating all meats with no trouble since 3 months out

You are giving me hope!! :)

My taste buds do not like fish now. I loved tuna salad and sushi etc etc but now it all tastes too fishy. I can't eat it.