Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

38 days in the hospital. exploratory lap looking for leak left me with massive pneumonia, pleural effusions, 5 antibiotics,abcesses over spleen and liver from the small leak, chest tube drains, picc line, fevers, i was told i had a sub clinical leak. discharged with jpeg which requires non-stop care. home health nurses 4 days per week, genrally just bad luck. thank goodness for my family. i do not remember the first 2 weeks or so, which is a blessing.the tpn and tube feedings slowed my weight loss......down 25#. surgery was 7-24. i wish evryone the best with the journey!!!!!!!!

Oh man! Sending good thoughts your way! I hope your recovery is so fast that what you are going through becomes a distant memory!

38 days in the hospital. exploratory lap looking for leak left me with massive pneumonia' date=' pleural effusions, 5 antibiotics,abcesses over spleen and liver from the small leak, chest tube drains, picc line, fevers, i was told i had a sub clinical leak. discharged with jpeg which requires non-stop care. home health nurses 4 days per week, genrally just bad luck. thank goodness for my family. i do not remember the first 2 weeks or so, which is a blessing.the tpn and tube feedings slowed my weight loss......down 25#. surgery was 7-24. i wish evryone the best with the journey!!!!!!!![/quote']

Oh my God! This is my biggest fear! Makes me want to cancel my surgery.

So sorry about your difficulties with the surgery. Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery:)

Omg, I am so sorry to hear about your terrifying experience. I'm hoping you are on the mend...When did you know something was wrong? (Im also a healthcare professional, and sxd for surgery in MX...different surgeon.) Leaks are rare, but they do happen, and I want to know what the warning signs are, if any? Do you know if there's any way this could've been prevented, or is it just (like u said before) bad luck? From a clinical standpoint, I've been researching leaks, causes, effects, treatment, etc...

I dont pray, but I am sending positive vibes in your direction. I hope your recovery is swift, and FULL! Hoping you can rock that sleeve with no further complications, and I wish you health and happiness

Sad you have all these complications! It will get better and be so worth the weight loss and you will end up looking so hot and sexy! Sending healing energy your way! :)

So sorry you have had such a rough time. This was something I really worried about before being sleeved on Aug. 1., the complications that could happen. I am wishing you the best from here on out!

Thanks for telling your story. I think it is important for people to hear the good and bad sides of the surgery.

Crossed fingers that you are healing well and on the return to good health.

So sorry to hear your bad post-op experience. And thank you for sharing with us all. We are all sending positive thoughts your way. Please keep us posted on your progress. In the end, I hope it all will be so well worth it.

Gosh ..that is horrible! I too am interested in hearing who your surgeon was. With any surgery, there is always a risk of complication...but your's seems very extreme! Wishing you healing thoughts and prayers!

So very sorry about your surgery complications. Hopefully you are on your way to total healing now. Leaks suck and they do happen, no matter who your surgeon is. I hope you feel stronger and better each day!

Sorry to hear about the rough time you have had so far. I hope it gets much better and easier from here on out.

So very sad to hear your experience has been so drastic and not in a positive way. However..., I can hear your positive nature in even describing your situation. Please keep your spirits high as we out here are all sending you love, light and healing vibrations for a better outcome in the end. Everyone does need to consider these sort of situations could happen, but it is somewhat uncommon.

Sending you love....

Please share with us who your surgeon is. Did you look into their complication rate prior to your procedure?

Dr Almanza.