Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So Happy, I Wanted To Share

I was sleeved on June 26th. The begining of catching up on all the living that I have been missing out on. I have to say that I have really not had any complications. I was in a little bit of pain on my right side for a couple of weeks. Mainly hurt when I got in and out of bed. I am able to eat pretty much anything. I don't, but what I have tried has been fine. My NUT suggests one cheat day a week. Always the same day. I do that. Sunday is my day. The best thing is that even though I am not eating healthy food, I can only have a few bites so no harm.

I have lost 50 pounds so far. I will never get tired of everyone telling me how great I look and asking me how much weight I have lost. I am enjoying going shopping for new clothes. The weight came off so fast that I actually missed out on wearing some of my "skinny clothes" because by the time I dug them out they were too big.

I have become addicted to the gym. I actually miss it if I can't go for whatever reason. Luckily mine is open 24 hours a day. It is not out of the question to be there at 11PM. Last night I was there and it was like a ghost town. I was running on the tread mill and looked over and saw myself in the mirror. I could not believe that was me!! I know people around me thought I was crazy because I got this huge smile on my face. I still have a ways to go, but I looked normal for a change. I could finally see how much I had changed. I think it was the angle. I look at myself in the mirror every day, but for some reason I finally saw all my hard work paying off. What a blessing. It pushed me to work twice as hard.

I have set a few goals for myself. 1. I am going to travel to Maryland in November for my best friend's baby shower. (I have not been back in 5 years) I really want to be down another 20 pounds. I know I can do it. 2. My daughter is a freshman in HS and she plays softball. I want to be in onederland by the time games start in February. I can't wait to order a shirt for her team that is not extra because I need a 2 or 3X. I will take a large please!!!

For anyone thinking about getting this surgery... I know it is a personal decision. I had never had surgery before. My husband told me that when I got into the operating room, the anesthesiologis would tell me when he was putting me under. As I was rolled down the hall, I really thought that I was going to back out. I was just too scared. Lucky for me he did not give me the chance. I don't even remember getting into the room. Just being in recovery. For me I feel like it has saved my life. I know that I will be able to live a long healthy life.

Happily sleeved....

Stacy

Awesome! I know it will change my life & I can't wait to start to see results. I am 11 days post-op! I also can't wait to shop in the regular clothes size areas & not have to have a 2x or 3x. You are a true testament to what it should be like!!!! Thank you for sharing.

Congrats on your weight loss so far! Loved reading this -- your positive energy is contagious :) Thanks for sharing your story and all the best!

I am scared too - of the procedure, of waking up and not know what to expect the first few hours, days, weeks... You're story is inspirational - as is the post above mine. Thank you!

Excellent post! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing your great story. Just wait till they see you in November:)

Such a wonderful story!! You are an inspiration to me and others who are still preop. I am scheduled for November 20th. I can't wait to join you! I hope that my experience is just like yours. Thanks for sharing.

Wow I loved reading your post.c

Congratulations to you and thanks for sharing your motivational tips. Still pre open waiting for that date. :) my gym is 24 hours too!!!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using VST

Stacy,

Thank you so much for sharing your story with us. I love to hear great news like this. I am getting sleeved on Thursday and I can not wait. Reading your story encourages me even more. :)

Stae, Thank you for sharing. Very encouraging and motivating.

Fattymcfatterson (love the name!), your comment in your signature above your ticker rings so true with me. I have TONS of great photos with me in them from 10 yrs ago. Over the past few years....not so much. I tend to avoid the camera now. But I do want to be in the pictures again!