Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calories

Hey everyone! I'm 2 months out, about how many calories were y'all burning around this time per workout??

I am 2.5 months out. When working out on the elliptical for 45 minutes, I usually burn 800 calories or so. Weight is currently at 245 lb and down from 335 lb after surgery. i currently am ramping up my workouts to be more intense and to have a solid weight lifting plan.

At 2 months??? I still weighed 300 lbs, so i was burning about.......50 calories. HAHAHA... seriously that was working hard too!! It's been a long road ;)

How would anyone know? I've never seen a piece of fitness equipment that had an accurate readout on this. Most of them are way optimistic on "calories burned".

I think the myfitnesspal readings are over optimistic too... I used to use the Alan borushek food & exercise journal, it always seemed to provide reasonable estimates... I think I heard once wiggling your fingers and toes burns 100 calories an hour... I still do it when watching tv... OCD much?! Lol :D

Of course his estimates were for a certain weight range. You have to eat more if you're significantly over-weight or train more, and less if you weigh less or are sedentary... Same applies to exercise, you'll burn more if you weigh more or have more muscle...

Of course his estimates were for a certain weight range. You have to eat more if you're significantly over-weight or train more' date=' and less if you weigh less or are sedentary... Same applies to exercise, you'll burn more if you weigh more or have more muscle...[/quote']

Very important point.

My trainer said 100 calories per mile or 20 minutes of workout that's for a 150 pound person. So you would have to just accordingly. My fitness pal just does an average for your height and weight.

Your best investment is a heart rate monitor! Mine was 63.00 on Amazon, polar FT4 it is awesome!! I wear it a lot even when I'm just cleaning and walking the dog, it's nice to know your heart rate.

How would anyone know? I've never seen a piece of fitness equipment that had an accurate readout on this. Most of them are way optimistic on "calories burned".

I agree with this assessment. Also remember, everyone has different rates at which we metabolize and burn calories. Even your gender plays a part on how we metabolize food and how over bodies respond to exercise!

Also want to state that taking a high quality Protein at night before bedtime. It has worked really well to kick start the metabolism over night. Try it out and see if it helps you.