Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am only one week post op and all I can think about is my loose skin I will probably get. I hope I don't get a lot of it because I really don't want another surgery. Has anyone not had it removed? Does it cause you problems?

I'm 8 days out and it haunts my mind as well. I'm thinking if we exercise religiously with weights and squats etc it should help but I'd love to know if there are people who haven't needed it, especially people who have lost 100lbs or so.

It might not be that bad. I was super concerned at first. But now that the weights coming off, I just follow all the hints offline to keping skin tight and admire my leaner body in the mirror. My belly sags a lil but its much better to look at that my fat that used to sag a lot!

I've lost 94 lbs so far and I only have minimal sagging on my inner thighs. It just looks a little jiggly but nothing major. I am also 41 so I expected more.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I've been using bio oil twice a day. All the reviews say it will take away even silver stretch marks. My friend that has VSG over 2 years ago also stressed to me how important lifting was, she does a lot of lifting and ab work and her skin bounced back a lot!

Loose skin is my biggest fear too. I've lost 84lbs so far and don't need it though I'm jiggly. I use firming lotion, stretch mark cream, & Vitamin E. I've also started pole dance classes this month, which really tone and strengthen the upper arms, thighs, and abs (all my problem areas). I start the gym Thursday. I hope to only have plastics on my chest & tummy area when I lose down to goal.

Ive lost 110 lbs in 6 months. My loose skin is horrible. Under my arms is the worse. Im gonna work on it with exercise the best I can but I just accept it. Better than 330 lbs. No more surgery for me.

Ive lost 110 lbs in 6 months. My loose skin is horrible. Under my arms is the worse. Im gonna work on it with exercise the best I can but I just accept it. Better than 330 lbs. No more surgery for me.

Have you been working out during the six months? I'm terrified because I started at 325, am 5'8. My arms are huge. I'm only 8 days out and not supposed to lift anything over 5 lbs but I'm seriously contemplating starting arms with 5pm dumbbells to hopefully avoid having plastic surgery. Also, my chest was a solid 36C/D before I got really heavy (around 170lbs) I'm hoping hoping hoping it doesn't deflate too much from the 42DD it is now.

Have you been working out during the six months? I'm terrified because I started at 325' date=' am 5'8. My arms are huge. I'm only 8 days out and not supposed to lift anything over 5 lbs but I'm seriously contemplating starting arms with 5pm dumbbells to hopefully avoid having plastic surgery. Also, my chest was a solid 36C/D before I got really heavy (around 170lbs) I'm hoping hoping hoping it doesn't deflate too much from the 42DD it is now.[/quote']

I am 8 months out, I have lost 102 pounds. I have been hardcore working out for 7 months. I started at 292 and my arms were horrible. They were way out of proportion for even my large body. Now they are getting much better still saggy but not as bad. They started at 20 inches and they are down to 12. I have noticeable biceps. Start with 2 pound weights. Low weight high rep. Do curls, tricep kickbacks, tricep pushups, rows. Whenever you feel up to it ofcourse. Now my stomach on the other hand... I held all my weight in my lower tummy and thighs and my lower stomach Is wrinkly and kinda gross, but again it's getting much better. I got really lucky on my butt, legs and thighs no extra skin or even cellulite. Good luck, and you are right the skin is better than the weight!

Thanks fluffy!! Some of the women in the supportgroup I go to have had their arms done, and the scars are so scary looking. I'm going to dig out my weights today.

Thanks fluffy!! Some of the women in the supportgroup I go to have had their arms done' date=' and the scars are so scary looking. I'm going to dig out my weights today.[/quote']

I have seen a lot of post plastic surgery arms as well and the scars are a million times scarier than my arms. I have seen quite a few TTs like that as well! I will try to post a pic an show you. If I can figure it out.

Did I do it right? If not I will try again. I have the starting of a second muscle bump lol the second pic that is all muscle on top. I've come a long way.

post-15078-1381366014398_thumb.jpg

post-15078-13813660144465_thumb.jpg

You sure did do it right!!! Your arma don't look bad at all!!! I can definitely see the definition in your muscle! That's awesome!!!

I have what my husband calls "The kangaroo pouch." It looks fine under clothes, but it is a bother. When I was 35 and lost 60 pounds my skin went back pretty much. Now at 47 with 120+ to lose on a 5'1" frame ... not so much.

I will get the pouch fixed because it gets in my way. The arm skin, inner thigh skin and sagging boobies aren't that bad. The puppies still look good in a bra and 47 year old me is not wearing short shorts much (you know, the one's that practically show one's butt?)

Any excess skin is COMPLETELY worth it.

I do alot of walking and weight lifting. maybe over time it will get better. Im good either way. I didnt have this surgery to look "hot", I was 330 lbs and dying. as long as im healthy I will deal with saggy skin.