Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spivak Port Placement

just a quick note that I was also banded by Dr. Spivak in April 2007, my port is actually below my bikini line, almost to my c-section scar.... don't even know it is there... had he put it below my bra line, it would have shown immediately. I am sooo a "pear" shaped person!

Hi Dena 57,

I am Eileen from Toronto. I am so happy I found someone who has a port below the bikini line! I had mine right under my bra and it bothers me a lot. I can't see it but I can certainly feel it whenever I eat and 2 hours after. I am having it replaced below the bikini area but I am a little scared. What if it is just as unconfortable, just in a different way.

PLEASE ANSWER with as many details as you can. Do you feel it when you crunch and have tight jeans with a belt? What does the surgeon attach it to? How does it feel when it's tight, when you just had a fil for example.

Thanks in advance, EIleeen (banded 2004, lost 95 lbs).

Eileen~ hey there... I have to tell you that at 1st I was not so sure about it... it was swolen and there was a large lump but now, I don't even know it is there. i have had 3 children so i have a small "pooch" but even since the surgery I have gone from wearing a size 16/18 to a 6/8 and can not tell that it is there. only sign is a small scar. I have had 1 fill and will go next week for my second. It was difficult for them to find the top of the port but again. I don't have much left there. Once they found it, i had a new nurse as well, she did what she had to do and I went back to work. it was a little soar but I think that was only because they did so much digging and moving to try and get the port in the correct place. I did have to arch my back to push the port up to help them locate it.. but really.. it is an ideal spot. I don't really forsee losing soo much weight that it would stick out because my bones would then stick out as well... to want to look sickly...

I am thinking that i have not had a great fill just yet because i really don't feel too different... the only "feeling" that I have had is that "stuck" feeling, either the food needs to go down or come up...

but anyway... I will let you know how next week goes. keep me posted as well!

Take care!

Dena

Hello to all Dr Spivak patients. As I am one. I do not know if you know this yet or not but Dr Spivak is having a ball for all of his patients. And I just want to make sure everyone that is Dr Spivak patient knows about this. Wanda Chase the director of the group sent the people in the online group that are signed up off his website this email.// Those of you who are planning to attend the Ball, we need to have at least 70 patients attend. There is only 3 weeks until the dead line so get your applications printed and sent to the PO BOX and if you are not participating in the contest, which everyone should regardless,) please send me your RSVP at spivakbandmd@yahoo.com as soon as you are able, I need to add your names to the guest list. __________________

Banded on April 2ND 2007 By Dr. Spivak Stacey

Hello, I am having Dr Spivak band me on 3/28/08. I want my port to be at my bikini line. Does anyone else have it there?

good morning!

I have the bikini line prot placement. I don't even notice it is there. I would be happy to answer any questions you have.

I didn't ask about where it would be and what type of port - at the time I didn't know there were other options.

My port is about 1 inch below my bra line. It was a little irritating early on because I was 40DD, I'm now a 36DD and it doesn't bother me at all.

I can feel my port when I bend in certain ways or during "fun time" with my DH because it apparently pops against my ribs - not painful just a little funky the first time.

I have lost almost 64 pounds and my port does not stick out at all. I've gone from an 18-20 to a current size 8.

Are most people happy with Dr. Spivak? Just a little nervous - trying to get the most info. I can before going to appt. Thanks!