Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

I'm 6 weeks today and only 18 lbs down.. I think I just broke the world record for losing so slow... Lol!

I am only at 20 lbs since surgery so were in the same boat.

COME ON EVERYONE you are doing great just think what you were doing before being sleeved, were you losing wieght noooooooooooooooooo. hang in there we can do this and we got each other.

the only problem with me at the moment im getting to much protien. how is this possible? might have to cut out the other shake as well

and this pic is very old but its what my face look like now and the other pic didnt show my beautiful smile as much

I am happy to hear so many of you are doing so great, but have to say I am little envious that I am still having such a hard tome with solids. One day I can eat 2oz of grilled pork chop and two days later only 2-3 tiny bites. I was told to cut my bites to the size of pencil eraser and chew chew chew....which I do. But most days am only able to eat 2-3 bites of anything. chicken does not agree with me at all, and I loved chicken before sleeve. Was told by NUT to keep to three meals and NO Snacks each day....but if I didn't try to get 2 tiny snacks each day I would starve.

Reading the posts here I know if I could eat more at each meal I would have more energy and maybe loose weight a little faster. I started shakes again last week to help get my Protein in but can only drink about 4 oz over hour. I am keeping record of all my intake to show NUT and Dr next week on my 6 week post op visit.

Thanks for lisening!

oops I meant to reply to the above quote hahaha I wanted to say that I was told at least 2 nutritious Snacks per day and honestly if I didn't eat snacks there's no way I could get enough protein.. also without snacks I prob couldn't get over 500 cal/day.

I'm still drinking a Protein Shake everyday because it helps me get enough Protein AND fluids in LOL without it I wouldn't be getting 55-64oz fluids/ day.

Starting weight. 246.6

Surgery date 9/19/2012 - 240

Current weight. 217.6

Total lost: 30 lbs

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Congrats that's good - here's my stats

Starting weight 242

Surgery weight 222

Today's weight 203

Total lost 39lbs

So ready to be under that 200, but looks like we'll both be under that mark very soon... I wish you more continued success... Still want to go to that support group but having a few issues... 1st day back @ work was yesterday - I did ok but barely ate - been having dizzy spells & some nausea - left work today after being there for 45 - I was so dizzy - went to my family Dr this afternoon & then go to surgery Dr in the morning - might be goin back on leave - my family Dr doesn't want me driving or going to work w/ the dizziness I'm having - she adjusted my blood pressure meds... Having tingling feelings in my legs for the past week -feeling tired all the time so they did blood work - so we'll see what happens... Some days I eat ok others food makes me sick even looking @ it...

So a couple food questions for my September Sleeve Sisters: 1. I like crackers with soup' date=' chili, etc. What brands/kinds of crackers have y'all tried and liked that aren't out of this world on carbs?

And 2. Has anyone tried drinking a soda or beer yet? If so, what happened and positive or negative outcome?[/quote']

I do Ritz Honey Wheat crackers

READY where in the he double hockey sticks have you been girlie. ok read more and see. i really hope you get better girl. im shocked they didnt take you off the meds. when dizzy that normally means your pressure is to low

Ugh so jealous of these 30 lbs losses.... Surgery date 9/17 and down 19 lbs. Frustrating... Almost ready to just go back to Protein Shakes only. Anyone else losing slow?

I am losing slow. Pre op 204 lbs sleeved 9/19 196lbs today 177 lbs. 27 lbs total. I walk every day , do resistance band/ body sculpting every other day. What's going on. I am not doing the shakes anymore and now my Protein is down because I can only take in about 1/4 cup of food if that..... Very discouraging :(

My feeling, reading the above posts, is that if it takes me a year to lose 130 pounds - or if I don't lose 130 pounds - I will feel like a total failure.

I didn't do this to still be obese. I didn't do this to only lose 60% of my excess weight. I would be OK (not thrilled, but OK) with losing 90% (which would put me at 13 over my goal).

Just need to figure out how to do it. Met with the NUT yesterday and he said I'm doing everything right - even close to perfect - with what I'm eating. I'm not getting enough exercise but was just cleared a few days ago so will go to a couple of gyms this weekend to see what they offer (and to see if I would feel OK working out there at my current weight - going somewhere and feeling miserable about your appearance isn't good motivation at all!). I might end up getting some DVD's and working out at home until I lose a bit more.......

I sure understand everyone's frustration. We all want a magical solution and it's hard to realize that even though we're sleeved, we still have to put a TON of thought, energy and effort into losing the weight.

I'm depressed now. I need a brownie - (not really).

Check out your local YMCA. I am joining mine for the reason I don't feel comfortable at a gym. The Y has pool wet/dry sauna track and all the exercise equipment you need at only $50 a month for a family of four. Not to mention all the free exercise classes.

i wish i could get under on protien i go over everyday. my nut took one shake away and i still go over

try eating foods like cottege chz and greek yogart both high in protien and make sure you are logging you wouldnt believe what foods have protien in them

Oh my! The boredom has set in BIG TIME here at 5 1/2 weeks. I am sick of eating everything! I am sick of Water and all flavorings. NOTHING tastes good anymore. And so what happens now? Well, the rebel is coming out...I drank my water from Sonic with a straw, tried to eat my "old days" Breakfast taco (used to eat 2) and didn't even make it to 1/2 of one, ate a kids chili cheese dog from Sonic (no bun) and now drinking a diet cherry limeade (gasp! carbonation) from a straw. Oh, and ate ONE tater tot which didn't taste good and 1/2 of one cheesecake bite. Yeah, I know, I am not going to lose weight this way but it has been a really bad and tiring day. I guess this is how I am fighting the depression....

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP. dont do that to yourself get control breath think relax you had a big operation thats permanent dont hurt your new tummy and end up in the hospital and feeling worse than you are now i say that with concern ;)