Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

spoke to my nut today and she said 800cals is ok not to worry aboutthe 1200 and i can have at least 100grams carbs. that makes me feel so much better. today and yesterday my hunger was gone, i wonder how long will that last. today i barely got my Water in and food this sleeve is weird.

i wish i could drink a margarita but im to scared to do that to my sleeve maybe 3 months out.

6 weeks today. hey where is everyone?

I'm here :) I had a nut meeting today - interesting. I'm feeling a bit disheartened. The NUT (who is also a PA) said I should expect to lose 60-80% of my excess body weight within 12-18 months. WHAT?!?!?!??!

I was under the impression that it was feasible to lose close to 100% with 9-12 months. I started at 265 and my goal is 135.......

If I only lose 60% of my excess (and it takes 12-18 months) I will be VERY VERY VERY disappointed - and probably resentful that I went to the extreme of surgery to only lose 80 pounds.

What do you all think? Can I lose 130 pounds in 12 months with a reasonable (and I mean reasonable, not obsessive) amount of exercise and keeping on target with calories, Protein, fat, carbs, etc.????

yes you can. i see ppl on here with more to lose and lose over 100lbs i was told i could lose 100 within 6 months.

yes you can. i see ppl on here with more to lose and lose over 100lbs i was told i could lose 100 within 6 months.

That's encouraging! Our starting and goal weights are very close (yours 277/140 vs. mine 265/135).

I'll continue to help you if you'll keep helping me :)

I feel like I keep stalling... Tomorrow is 7 weeks, I've lost 33 lbs since sept 7 th. I lost another 20 pre op... 53lbs total... And only ONE pant size! Grr! How's everyone else's weightless? Am I considered a slow loser?? Honestly I'm happy to be a loser at all.. Lol... I just wish it was a little faster!

Sent from my iPad using VST

TEKARA: 7 weeks and 33 pounds?!! That's AWESOME! That's over 16 pounds on average per month (since you're almost at 2 months out). Give your body time to catch up, adjust and get comfortable at your new weight.

Isn't that more weight in a month than you've lost previously? Prior to surgery? Be happy. You're on track. Besides, too fast and you're going to look like a melted candle. You want to give your skin time to recover as well.

Way to go! You totally ROCK!

I feel like I keep stalling... Tomorrow is 7 weeks' date=' I've lost 33 lbs since sept 7 th. I lost another 20 pre op... 53lbs total... And only ONE pant size! Grr! How's everyone else's weightless? Am I considered a slow loser?? Honestly I'm happy to be a loser at all.. Lol... I just wish it was a little faster!

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

In the se boat!! 7 weeks today 46 Pds only 1 pants size. Uggh frustrating

I'm here :) I had a nut meeting today - interesting. I'm feeling a bit disheartened. The NUT (who is also a PA) said I should expect to lose 60-80% of my excess body weight within 12-18 months. WHAT?!?!?!??!

I was under the impression that it was feasible to lose close to 100% with 9-12 months. I started at 265 and my goal is 135.......

If I only lose 60% of my excess (and it takes 12-18 months) I will be VERY VERY VERY disappointed - and probably resentful that I went to the extreme of surgery to only lose 80 pounds.

What do you all think? Can I lose 130 pounds in 12 months with a reasonable (and I mean reasonable, not obsessive) amount of exercise and keeping on target with calories, Protein, fat, carbs, etc.????

My doc has always maintained that the sleeve will help me lose 70-80% of my excess weight within one year.

So for me personally that is 87- 100 pounds in a year. It is coming off a lot slower than I expected but then too I have not begun exercising yet. Need to get on that soon but between school, work, 3 kids, and always traveling husband it seems like there is always an excuse there.

In the se boat!! 7 weeks today 46 Pds only 1 pants size. Uggh frustrating

Don't be frustrated. Remember, generally, you will lose weight from the top down. And visa versa. The stomach and the butt/hips are the last to go. Which is where your pants are gonna be....curses! Hang in there.

Ugh so jealous of these 30 lbs losses.... Surgery date 9/17 and down 19 lbs. Frustrating... Almost ready to just go back to Protein Shakes only. Anyone else losing slow?

Today is 6 weeks since surgery, I'm reading everyone's frustration with what they consider slow weight loss so I figure I'll make you feel better by sharing how slow my weight loss is going. I lost 17 pounds the first 2 weeks and nothing since, I have actually GAINED a couple pounds! On top of that I have a lot more to lose than most of you, my goal is to lose 160 pounds and even then I will be considered obese. I eat 800 calories a day, I drink 5 cups of Water and get in around 50 grams of Protein, I know I'm not getting enough water or protein in but I'm trying.

Congratulations on all the weight you have lost, keep up the good work!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I feel like I keep stalling... Tomorrow is 7 weeks, I've lost 33 lbs since sept 7 th. I lost another 20 pre op... 53lbs total... And only ONE pant size! Grr! How's everyone else's weightless? Am I considered a slow loser?? Honestly I'm happy to be a loser at all.. Lol... I just wish it was a little faster!

Sent from my iPad using VST

Tekara- I feel the same as you. For as much as I am eating, I feel like I should weigh 100lbs by now. I am down 23 and have stalled for the last 2 weeks. I keep thinking, "this cant seriously be all". I have had a few things I shouldnt, maybe my body is just clinging to the fat! Hope to at least lose 50 by Christmas. :(

Ugh so jealous of these 30 lbs losses.... Surgery date 9/17 and down 19 lbs. Frustrating... Almost ready to just go back to Protein Shakes only. Anyone else losing slow?

same boat ...maybe surg date 9/17 was cursed....evn im down 19lbs...its super frustrating!!! dunno wht wrong!!! arrrrggghh

Sent from my GT-I9100 using VST

My surgery was 9/24. I lost 11 before surgery and as of last weigh in 16 after surgery. I'm 1 month out and I am frustrated as well. BUT, I am going to keep reminding myself that if I take my entire weight loss so far, and look at what my average pounds loss per week. 4.5 lbs. I could never have done this pre-sleeve. I just got cleared yesterday for working out, etc so I'm going to start adding strength training, weights and harder hill walking and see if that improves things. There are many people on here and others I have talked to say to keep is low and slow so you avoid loose skin etc so there are positives to a slower loss. When I talked to my PA yesterday, she said that given my BMI, that I'm right on track. If my BMI was higher, she would expect a higher loss at this point but that as long as I'm getting in my Water, Protein from food, then keep moving forward. So I guess that's what I will do :)