Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

man I have to watch myself. I have caught myself twice today taking a bite or drinking something of my three kids and that could really add up in calories.

it must be extremely hard having to feed the kids, and deal w/their foods around you.

i don't envy you

give yourself a break - you do have to watch yourself, but if you have one bite or two on a rare occasion - oh well - don't kick yourself too hard - you'll get black and blue :lol:

good luck

What I did with my twins was made a bunch of meals that were frozen, and they can pick stuff out to eat that is easy to prepare...such as a gallon size bag of meatballs that they can take half out and ut in the crock pot with sauce and let stew. I even boiled them spaghetti and froze it...so they can use that or make a new pot of noodles. Then I don't have to be involved. They also have to do the clean up...I can't bend anyway to be doing dishes. I did what I could to simplify MY life...and theirs...but really mine.

Maybe you could have a little glass of Protein shake nearby when you are cooking for them, and sip on that...use it as a reminder of what you are doing for YOU.

lol no time like the present to teach them about good eating habits.. that way they don't end up fat & have a hard life like the rest of us. :) so depending on their age, you can just make them eat what you eat or don't eat at all. (by that, i mean if they can eat solid food, they can have what you have) a bit of tough love that they will get used to. when they're hungry enough, they'll eat... and it's not bad food, because you'll be making it to suit your tastes. :) kids don't need all that processed garbage anyway.. when they scream and cry and whine and beg and etc.. it's not as bad as they're making it out to be, it's them detoxing the junk out of their system & it will pass.. may take a week or two, but their taste buds will change, just like yours will... my dad had to eat what was prepared for them, even if he didn't like it.. and he wasn't fat until he met my mom.. now we're all fat & trying to get on target again. lol but he's the least out of shape among us.

to make the transition easier, you could tell them if they eat something, you'll take them to the park/zoo/aquarium/museum/amusement park/whatever... this is also good, positive reinforcement, because they'll learn that after they eat a healthy meal, they can go play.. which will 1.) help you tire them out, so they go to bed easier & are less fussy.. 2.) help keep them (and you) active, and 3.) get them (and you) away from the computer/tv/video games & out into the real world, interacting with people, DOING stuff... all of which will help them keep & maintain a healthy weight & lifestyle & be sociable, well rounded individuals... not to mention you'll be spending QUALITY time with your kids, doing something besides eating.

I have a 4 year old and a 6 yr old. We all eat the same things. I have found myself very rarely cooking carbs. We eat alot of lean meats, fish and tons of veggies. The kids seem happy and eat whatever I fix. My husband has even lost 50 pounds!

If I have to go somewhere or something I will make them spaghetti or order them pizza. It is easier then I thought it would be when preparing meals! I am lucky to have kids that are not picky at all!

I have done this and end up spitting stuff out after I have that what am I doing moment.