Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

1St Consult With The Surgeon.

I saw the surgeon today. It went well. I was weighed and my height was measured.

I have to do a 3 month supervised diet with their dietician. It's not required by my insurance but the doctor requires it because they are a center of excellence.

I'm actually glad he is requiring it, even though I've been impatient until now. I need this time to get ready.

He is going to scope me so he can get a good look at my hiatal hernia. I also have to do a sleep study because I think I have sleep apnea. And he gave me a paper to give my PCP for a bunch of blood tests. I will have to have a psych eval. I have and appointment next month to see the NUT.

I had to talk with the exercise coordinator. She measured me and talked to me about exercises. I have to log my exercises and bring it to my next visit. She gave me a stretchy band to use for strength training.

The surgeon talked to me about the surgery for a long time and explained all about it. I asked questions and he answered them all. He was very friendly and likeable. He put me at ease.

Before I went in, while I was sitting in the waiting room, I was like "What am I doing??" I was thinking about leaving. But Dr Shin put me at ease.

He said that I will probably get sleeved in December. I'm excited and nervous!

Sorry if none of this makes sense. I'm very tired. I only slept 30 minutes last night. :-/

I's good to be excited. Just remember that when you go through the seemingly endless amount of tests. It's all good

Yay ... Your on your way! I had the same thoughts yesterday when I went for my pre op visit! I almost talked myself out of it! But my dr put me at ease...Im still nervous!! lol...Good Luck

Im at the beginning of this process too. I had the consultation with the surgeon last Friday and saw my PCP yesterday for the end of my first month of the "supervised diet". I have my sleep study test on the 28th this month and am hoping to have the surgery in December too (especially since my deductable has been met for the year). Now that things are finally starting to move along, I'm like omgosh! this is really gonna happen!! I am so excited and nervous at the same time! Good luck to you and I hope things go smoothly through this whole long process. That's what I'm praying for right now. . . . . . .