Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Sleevers----Where Ya At? :-)

Some years ago I did the lighter life diet' date=' lost about 56lb over 4 month period, my hair fell out then, when I showered I could see clumps going down the plug hole. It was only temporary then, and when I started eating again (and put back on my weight) it all grew back. I am hoping when my weight stabilises the Hair loss will stop. I am comfortably in a size 12 and maybe soon will fit a size 10, which I ave never been!!

How are you all doing firming up the flabby bits???

I bought a vibration plate... What a difference that has made. Only ten minutes a day of really non strenuous exercises and have toned up incredibly fast. Can't recommend it enough.

Be interested to ear any other tips for toning up and getting rid of cellulite anyone as found

Keep up the good work all you July sleevers..... So pleased to hear how well you are all doing xx[/quote']

What is a vibration plate?

Have a look at a couple of these sites it will explain better than I can about how these things work.

You basically stand on the plate with a group of muscles tensed for 45, 60, or 90 seconds and the vibrations cause your muscles to become unstable which works them much faster than you could ever do with standard exercise. I have had and used one every other day for a month and I am amazed at the results. Only takes 10-15 minutes a session is really easy to do and the results are stunning

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2007/may/05/healthandwellbeing.features3

http://www.nutracheck.co.uk/Library/Exercise/hype-about-Powerplates_1.html

http://www.fitnessvenues.com/uk/benefits-of-the-power-plate

Don't be put off by the price mentioned in the articles, I got mine on web and it was quite a reasonable price.

I have noticed a huge difference in my shape it's really helping me tone up the flabby bits and get rid of cellulite

Let me know how you get on if you get one!!

Made it thru the holdays April 355 lb 3 months prior surgery down to 225 lb's today. 10+ inches less in the mid/waist.Hair loss has slowed, almost stopped. Finding that certain things still are not on the menu , but that is all good. Still got a few pounds to go! Looking forward to trying some winter hiking. 20 pounds lost since 11-20-12.

congrats to all..i was sleeved 7-12-12 oh my, did bad during the holidays with food everywhere gained 2 pds and now hit a stall but I'm getting back on track my Hair loss has subsided but my hair mass is so thin now missing my pre surgery hair but not my pre surgery weight.. issue I'm having is that i can eat anything everything agrees with me and I've noticed that i can intake larger quantity of food so I've been eating more and that scares me

congrats to all..i was sleeved 7-12-12 oh my, did bad during the holidays with food everywhere gained 2 pds and now hit a stall but I'm getting back on track my Hair loss has subsided but my hair mass is so thin now missing my pre surgery hair but not my pre surgery weight.. issue I'm having is that i can eat anything everything agrees with me and I've noticed that i can intake larger quantity of food so I've been eating more and that scares me

I've been eating more too, and it also scares me. My surgery date was July 18, holidays were too hard to resist. I need to go back to the basics, try everyday...but. Wish me strength I was doing sooooo good.

I was sleeved 7-10-12 and have lost 50 #'s so far. I was in a crazy stall for a month or so. It just broke this week with a 5 # loss. It's about time, but I expected it and I'm glad it's over so now I can get on with getting the rest of this weight off.

I was sleeved 7/30/12 and am down 79 pounds so far!! I was at a stall until earlier this week when I was hit with a stomach bug and lost 4.5 pounds IN ONE DAY. I don't recommend going that route!

I watch what I eat, but am able to eat more at a time. I work out 3-4 times a week with a personal trainer. I feel great, and am beginning to look like I feel! I'm about 40-50 pounds from my goal.

I was sleeved July 6th. I'm down 65 lbs now. My Hair loss is finally slowing down. My hair has definitely gotten much thinner, but the trade-off was worth it. I've been taking Biotin and other supplements faithfully and I see new baby hairs starting to grow back in which is exciting. I love my sleeve!

I was sleeved 7/30/12 and am down 79 pounds so far!! I was at a stall until earlier this week when I was hit with a stomach bug and lost 4.5 pounds IN ONE DAY. I don't recommend going that route!

I watch what I eat' date=' but am able to eat more at a time. I work out 3-4 times a week with a personal trainer. I feel great, and am beginning to look like I feel! I'm about 40-50 pounds from my goal.[/quote']

We are almost the same stats! I was sleeved on July 31st and an down 80 pounds. 40 to go!! I can eat anything so I really have to watch myself but I am still eating about 1/2 to 3/4 of a cup of food at a time. I want my brain to catch up to my body bc I still see a fat kid! :)

I was sleeved 7-12 and down about 70 lbs. Started at 241 and down to about 170. Surgeon wants me between 150-170.

was sleeved july 12th my loss has only been 41-42 pds a lot less then most posts. :-( it seems at my 6 month point I'm now able to eat a lot more quantity and i feel my hunger/appetitie kicking in a lot stronger my hair is thinned out but the falling has subsided with the holidays i gained 1-2 pds and i have hit a nasty 2week stall ... any suggestions..

Drink plenty of Water cut down on carbs and increase Protein

210 lbs =145lbs less 6.5 months. sleeve and work equates to a different person. My Aunt did not see me, wow!

Hey, we are sleeve brothers. July 2nd here also. I have dropped 155 since since July 2nd, 185 if you count some dieting before that. Might try for 5 more lb.