Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Really Weird Nsv (And An Awesome One)

Down 105 pounds and finding more comfortable sitting positions at work. I can cross my legs under my desk, almost indian-style too. Today I had slipped my shoes off under my desk and crossed my leg underneath me. Then BAM! I slammed my toe into my desk drawer! My toenail ripped halfway off and started bleeding. Hurts like ___! Some might not see this as an NSV but before I only had one position I could sit in at work. It just made me laugh and think about how many little things we don't realize are affected when we lose weight!

And, an awesome one... took the trainer at my gym up on her offer of one free session. I REALLY need to learn how to tone more. We did upper body and abs today. I was so impressed with what I could do! She kept demonstrating things and I thought there was no way in hell it would happen and then BAM (but a good bam this time) I'd be in that position. She kept having me sit on a ball and walk out so only my neck and head were on the ball and I had to lift my hips up and support myself with my quads and abs. I was shocked! There were still things I had trouble with or couldn't do but I gave it my all! (And she convinced me to sign up- and pay- for more sessions!) Never in my life did I think I would work with a trainer, I was always too self-conscious.

LOL WTG!

cannot wait to cross my legs again. it truly is the little things that make this journey worth it. today, i got in the truck and put my seatbelt on. i went to unsnap my jeans (for comfort) and realized i didn't need to. ;)

I couldn't wear my seat belt for a long time. (Shhh, don't tell.) I didn't drive for 10 days after surgery and that was one of the most exciting things when I got in my car again!

Down 105 pounds and finding more comfortable sitting positions at work. I can cross my legs under my desk' date=' almost indian-style too. Today I had slipped my shoes off under my desk and crossed my leg underneath me. Then BAM! I slammed my toe into my desk drawer! My toenail ripped halfway off and started bleeding. Hurts like ___! Some might not see this as an NSV but before I only had one position I could sit in at work. It just made me laugh and think about how many little things we don't realize are affected when we lose weight!

And, an awesome one... took the trainer at my gym up on her offer of one free session. I REALLY need to learn how to tone more. We did upper body and abs today. I was so impressed with what I could do! She kept demonstrating things and I thought there was no way in hell it would happen and then BAM (but a good bam this time) I'd be in that position. She kept having me sit on a ball and walk out so only my neck and head were on the ball and I had to lift my hips up and support myself with my quads and abs. I was shocked! There were still things I had trouble with or couldn't do but I gave it my all! (And she convinced me to sign up- and pay- for more sessions!) Never in my life did I think I would work with a trainer, I was always too self-conscious.[/quote']

Hey that's great!!! But I have one of those weird old people questions... Lol.... What does MSV stand for ???

Hey that's great!!! But I have one of those weird old people questions... Lol.... What does MSV stand for ???

Oops... Nsv ... Guess this really shows my age lolollolololl