Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Had A Bad Week... Can't Stop Eating... :(

As the title says, I've had a bad week. For the entire week I feel like I've slipped into old habits. I've eaten 1500-2000 calories per day every day this week, and it seems like I have been pushing my sleeve to eat more, and I feels like I can't stop. I am vowing to get back on track tomorrow (Monday) and start a new week, however, I hadn't wanted to screw up this whole week to begin with either, so I feel like I am losing my willpower and I am afraid I won't be able to get back on track. I have been pretty successful, losing 50 lbs in 3 months, with only a "bad" day here and there, but I gained 3 1/2 lbs back just this week by screwing up. I've still got such a long way to go in this journey, and it seems like I'll never get there if I'm getting off track already. I'm feeling like a failure. I need help. :(

It's all about choices. All of it. Once this resonates in your brain and works its wee mantra like goodness into your psyche then you will realise that failure, like success, is a choice. So don't choose failure. Choose to do what you know to be the right thing to do.

Every bite of food and drink that goes in yourmouth is within your control. You can choose wisely. You have done it before and you can do it again.

Tomorrow is a whole new day, wake up and take control. You can do this.

I think a lot of us get to a point when we are healed when we mess up.Relax,its ok because its done!

Now tomorrow,start by eating very clean Proteins.Bake a chicken breast for lunch (i did for Breakfast too) and half a can of tuna for dinner.Snack only twice and cucumber is a good idea.The first day will be hard.Eat Proteins until you are satisfied.You make your own rules and you keep to them.

The second day for me was easy as pie and the cravings to eat was already gone.

You can do this.Just start somewhere again,with Protein until your full...then there isnt space for junk.

Good luck!

zumba! turbo jam! p90x! insanity!...... work out. :)

pick up a new hobby..

get out of the house..

find new friends.. the kind that are interested in being healthy and fit or that are at least working on it..

get a workout/accountability buddy..

get away from whatever's causing you to slip up..

get rid of all your "bad" food.. go donate it to some charity or give it to someone homeless you see on the street.

i've seen where people take public transit to and from work, so they can't stop by places and get things to eat..

carry less money, only enough for gas or whatever is estimated that you need for the day.. don't bring your ATM card or any credit cards, so you won't have enough money to buy something extra for yourself to snack on..

try seeking therapy of some sort, so they can help you manage whatever issue(s) is causing you to binge eat.. there's a reason for it, if you deal with the reason, you won't need to binge.

go for a hike, go somewhere away from people & pray or meditate or sit there and enjoy the beauty of nature & take a break from your life & stress & chill for an hour or two..

rewatch the surgery on youtube, so you can see what was done to you and how drastic that is & freak yourself out, so you get back on track... that one is a little negative, but i mean you just have to do whatever you gotta do to be successful...even if it means freaking yourself out to do it or even if it means packing up your stuff and driving 1/2 way across the country and not telling anybody goodbye.. put yourself & your health first, front & center!

i dunno what your problems are.. but.. just throwing ideas out there. lol :) you gotta get your mind off of food somehow.. :)

if you just want to chew on something, try chewing on some gum.. smack it like there's no tomorrow. lol stick half a pack of gum in your mouth if that's what it takes. lol

if you actually want to eat stuff, you could look into making yourself some tokoroten.. it's a cold noodle dish, where it's basically zero calories. the noodles are jelly-like & are made from agar agar (a type of seaweed)... the only thing that has calories is the broth you put them in and the vegetables you put in there with them.. but it's something to fill you up that isn't too bad for you & is virtually zero calories...

"The glassy tokoroten noodles are served in different ways depending on the region. In most of the country, including the regions surrounding Tokyo, Nagoya and Hiroshima, tokoroten is a savory dish served with nihaizu (a 1:1 mix of rice vinegar and soy sauce) or sanpaizu (rice vinegar, soy sauce and dashi stock). The noodles and sauce are chilled, and served with a little karashi (Japanese mustard), toasted sesame seeds or nori seaweed on top.

Savory tokoroten has almost no calories and is about 98 percent Water, with plenty of water-soluble Fiber in the agar, and the vinegar sauce helps to awaken your appetite for more nutritious food"

source: http://www.japantimes.co.jp/text/fg20120824mi.html

soy sauce has Protein in it, because it's made from soy.. dashi is made from kelp and fish, so it has Protein and minerals from the kelp. sesame seeds have Fiber & protein and if you put the nori on there, you'd get iodine, Iron, and other minerals from that sea weed...

hope i helped.. i do hope you get better & will overcome whatever is going on with you that's causing you to eat. <3

What nyxa said x 10000000!!!!

And I like the Shirataki noodles from Japan too !!!

Shirataki noodles are made from yam/sweet potato flour, but they have little to no calories in them, too.. so you could use those as well.. :) the clear ones, i mean.. the tofu ones are high in Protein and you could use those, too.. but they have more calories. :) hungry girl made alfredo with tofu shirataki noodles and some of that 35 calorie baby bell cheese or whatever it's called.. if i remember right, it was under 100 calories a serving.. :)

anyway, point is, you can do this.. grab this second chance by the bawls and go for it, girl! LOL :) (i intentionally misspelled that)

I used the Shirataki noodles, well rinsed and left to stand for 1 minute in boiling Water, as spaghetti for a spaghetti bolognaise craving I was having. Then again as noodles for a thai green chicken curry.

Awesome.

I have never heard of these Shirataki noodles...What else are they good in/with?

Lots of good advice too, thank you all... My worst fear though, would be that I am stretching out my new belly. I hope I have not done much damage. I know I can definitely eat more now (obviously) than I used to at the very beginning.

I have never heard of these Shirataki noodles...What else are they good in/with?

pretty much anything you want to use noodles for :) the clear ones you can use to make Soups or stuff like jupchae (which i love).. you can buy shirataki noodles online at asian stores, as well as from amazon.. you can also buy them in places like whole foods. last time i checked they were like $1.29 a pack.. you can also use them for stuff like lo mein or whatever... :)

Shirataki noodles are fabulous! It is smelly when you open it but rinsed very well it is a fantastic replacement for spagetti.

Of course,this being Dubai,and after buying it for years,it has now disappeared.Completely,along with the sugarfree popcicles,the 2 things that made this new lifestyle EASY!

If you can get them,try it!

As the title says, I've had a bad week. For the entire week I feel like I've slipped into old habits. I've eaten 1500-2000 calories per day every day this week, and it seems like I have been pushing my sleeve to eat more, and I feels like I can't stop. I am vowing to get back on track tomorrow (Monday) and start a new week, however, I hadn't wanted to screw up this whole week to begin with either, so I feel like I am losing my willpower and I am afraid I won't be able to get back on track. I have been pretty successful, losing 50 lbs in 3 months, with only a "bad" day here and there, but I gained 3 1/2 lbs back just this week by screwing up. I've still got such a long way to go in this journey, and it seems like I'll never get there if I'm getting off track already. I'm feeling like a failure. I need help. :(

Please see a counsler, sometimes its beyond our own control. I have a lapband and I am currently looking into Sleeve. I wish I had seen a counsler for food addiction before I gave up on my band and ate whatever made me feel better in the moment. It will help you in the long run!