Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone,

I expect this process to take a long time but I am just feeling a little hopeless. It has been almost 12 weeks since I turned in my application packet to the surgeon's office and attended the seminar and they STILL have not called me to even set up an appointment to see a surgeon. Everytime I call to inquire they just give me the same old line about how they are six to eight weeks behind and they only have five people to take care of pre op and post op patients. I wish there was somewhere else to go. I am not rushing them to perform surgery on me (ok maybe I am lol) but seriously I just want to meet the surgeon, get my questions answered and start the pre op diet so I can begin to get some of this weight off of me. I just feel so stuck and I know they are swamped, but I guess I am just anxious to see the scale go down. Sorry guys, I am just venting. Thanks for listening:) Did it take everyone else this long to see the surgeon?

I started in July (late) and I have done everything but attended two group sessions which will be on the 18th of this month. So be of good courage, take this time to really get into your head about what you are about to do. I have started particing the 30-20-30 rule if you are not aware of it i can explain. Just try watching what you are eating and how good this process is going to be. Don't obsess about to much, i know it is hard, but truly this process is life changing and hard.

Just wondering...are there other programs in your area that you could consider? Perhaps another would be more attentive.

I wish you the best

Do you live anywhere near Dallas/Ft.Worth? That is ridiculous! It's the thing I love about my job...we have 3 locations and will see you within 2 weeks max! I think I'd be looking to go elsewhere. I would be worried about the response time for surgery and post-op questions/problems!

Sorry to hear that. Maybe you can find another surgeon to do the surgery. Check your provider list or call the ins co and get a list of bariatric doc in your area. Good luck!

Don't be discouraged, you can use the time to get your mind and body ready for surgery and recovery while educating yourself.

The waits are different all over, especially if your insurance dictates where you go.

In 2011 I started a program through my *** in one state where there was basically no wait, it was just as fast as you could get through all of the pre-op appointments and the 20 lb weight loss requirement.

Then I moved here, got a different ***, and was on a 6-month waiting list that turned into 8 months, and then had to take two months of required classes plus another month and a half of testing, appointments and whatnot before surgery. Overall the whole process from submitting the application to getting surgery took almost a full year.

If I was self-pay and I had to wait that long I would've gone to Mexico or something, but in the end I'm glad with how things have turned out, at least so far.

Don't be discouraged, you can use the time to get your mind and body ready for surgery and recovery while educating yourself.

The waits are different all over, especially if your insurance dictates where you go.

In 2011 I started a program through my *** in one state where there was basically no wait, it was just as fast as you could get through all of the pre-op appointments and the 20 lb weight loss requirement.

Then I moved here, got a different ***, and was on a 6-month waiting list that turned into 8 months, and then had to take two months of required classes plus another month and a half of testing, appointments and whatnot before surgery. Overall the whole process from submitting the application to getting surgery took almost a full year.

If I was self-pay and I had to wait that long I would've gone to Mexico or something, but in the end I'm glad with how things have turned out, at least so far.

FYI the site censors H M O, I am not typing out random swears. ;)

I started out with one surgeon and quickly moved on to another after my appts were postponed twice and then the surgeon moved to a location further away. I took it as a sign of what was going to be an extra long process if i had stayed with the first surgeon. If you are in a position to try a new surgeon look into it or call your current surgeon's office every Monday and Friday until they know you name and number by heart and they call you to update you. Whatever you do dont give up

Just wondering...are there other programs in your area that you could consider? Perhaps another would be more attentive.

I wish you the best

I think there are other programs but they seem to be farther away than the program I am with now. I am going to ask again to get a concrete list of the hospitals that perform wls under my ins. Thanks for the tip! I wish u the best too:)

Thank u guys so much for replying and for the encouragement. It is helping me to keep going:)

Make sure you ask your surgeon how he handles emergencies... my doctor is available to me 24/7

Hi everyone' date='

I expect this process to take a long time but I am just feeling a little hopeless. It has been almost 12 weeks since I turned in my application packet to the surgeon's office and attended the seminar and they STILL have not called me to even set up an appointment to see a surgeon. Everytime I call to inquire they just give me the same old line about how they are six to eight weeks behind and they only have five people to take care of pre op and post op patients. I wish there was somewhere else to go. I am not rushing them to perform surgery on me (ok maybe I am lol) but seriously I just want to meet the surgeon, get my questions answered and start the pre op diet so I can begin to get some of this weight off of me. I just feel so stuck and I know they are swamped, but I guess I am just anxious to see the scale go down. Sorry guys, I am just venting. Thanks for listening:) Did it take everyone else this long to see the surgeon?[/quote']

I had a similar experience, waiting and no word... Then the run around....

I found another clinic. This is a big deal, if this is how communication is now imagine how you'll feel after surgery dealing with this behavior. It will only feel more frustrating.

Best,

Sannah

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I had a similar experience' date=' waiting and no word... Then the run around....

I found another clinic. This is a big deal, if this is how communication is now imagine how you'll feel after surgery dealing with this behavior. It will only feel more frustrating.

Best,

Sannah

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

Thank you for ur advice. I do believe that I deserve great care as well ALL do

Let's find one positive that isn't discussed enough... use this time to really get a jump on exercise. I am a firm believer that the better shape you are in before surgery, the easier your post-op experience will be. Start walking, maybe running, whatever you can do. I was surprised how quick my endurance and stamina increased, even at 400lbs.

Good luck with everything.

Sent from my mobile productivity killer.

Let's find one positive that isn't discussed enough... use this time to really get a jump on exercise. I am a firm believer that the better shape you are in before surgery' date=' the easier your post-op experience will be. Start walking, maybe running, whatever you can do. I was surprised how quick my endurance and stamina increased, even at 400lbs.

Good luck with everything.

Sent from my mobile productivity killer.[/quote']

You know that is really good advice. I should begin to start working on my stamina before surgery and thats a way to pass time too. Thanks!