Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there, I am new here and thought I would finally say Hi after lurking for a few days :) I am going to be having surgery with dr Ponce whenever I can figure out the funding for the surgery :) I am so super excited I just can't get enough information about everything. The only worry I have is when I come home and taking care of my kids while my husband is at work, I have 3 in school and 2 at home and I have read alot about the whole energy drain that tends to happen after surgery. I am sure I will end up having some help but I still am nervous about it.

Hi there' date=' I am new here and thought I would finally say Hi after lurking for a few days :) I am going to be having surgery with dr Ponce whenever I can figure out the funding for the surgery :) I am so super excited I just can't get enough information about everything. The only worry I have is when I come home and taking care of my kids while my husband is at work, I have 3 in school and 2 at home and I have read alot about the whole energy drain that tends to happen after surgery. I am sure I will end up having some help but I still am nervous about it.[/quote']

Hi learningtotwinkle. This is my first post also after lurking for a bit. After months of researching I was going to with Dr. Ramos-Kelly until I read a thread of one of his patients. Her name is Jen Jen and he lied to her about a complication. While she don't blame him, I still find it unethical. Leaks can happen but don't lie to the patient about the reason or cause. Now I'm thrown into a loop about a doctor. Complications don't make me neverous but not knowing whom to trust does. Consuming all the info I can is a obsession of mine lately so I understand. Good luck with your funding

welcome to the forum!!! I am having surgery with Dr Ponce on Friday.. SUPER excited :) I also am financing about $4000 of it and paying the rest cash.. I finally decided my health and well being was worth paying a crappy interest rate on a loan LOL I plan on taking lots of pics and posting my experience when I get back!

YES YES YES!!! thats exactly how I feel " Consuming all the info I can is a obsession of mine lately" my first exposure to Dr Ponce was on youtueb, I found two channel of women that have used him and then I just went through all the pots on the mexico board on obesityhelp.com and here, and I contacted Trish on her Facebook page with all my questions. Earlier this week I found on here a link to a canadian news show that had Dr Ponce doing the surgery for a canadian lady that couldn't afford the surgery and that just kind of sealed the deal that he is who I want to do my surgery. I have found nothing but good about him. I hope you can find someone you are comfortable with too and feel like you can trust. Thanks for the good luck wishes I am gonna need them :)

Thanks nursgirl, that is so exciting that you are so close to getting your surgery. My husband starts his new job in the next week or two sooo I probably wouldn't even qualify for a loan at the moment :( but I agree paying a crappy interest is worth your health so as soon as I can i will get it all together. I look forward to seeing and hearing all about your experience. I plan on doing the same I have also started a blog that as soon as I am sleeved I will make public :)

I have heard good about both those doc's too, the one thing that bothers me is the 2 hr drive down to mexicali from San Diego, I would rather be closer to san diego. I have an appointment on Monday with my PCP so I am going to put a list of links together so he can see its gonna be a good thing, I just always worry about the first gut reaction of people when they hear you are going to mexico I want to back it up for him so he can go check it out himself. That being said I havn't told alot of people because I don't want to deal with alot of comments, I will tell people maybe when I get home lol

I know exactly eat u mean my gma I so mad im going across the border she thinks if something wer to go wrong n I "die" nobody will tell her basicly ill stay n mexico n never b heard from again it sounds racist but its kinda funny cuz we are from mexico idk idc im anxious for my op..... How much r yall paying for urs....

I have heard good about both those doc's too' date=' the one thing that bothers me is the 2 hr drive down to mexicali from San Diego, I would rather be closer to san diego. I have an appointment on Monday with my PCP so I am going to put a list of links together so he can see its gonna be a good thing, I just always worry about the first gut reaction of people when they hear you are going to Mexico I want to back it up for him so he can go check it out himself. That being said I havn't told alot of people because I don't want to deal with alot of comments, I will tell people maybe when I get home lol[/quote']

I'm having surgery the same day as Nursegirl! Dr verboonen is doin mine & his surgical center is 20 seconds from San Diego...

I have heard good about both those doc's too' date=' the one thing that bothers me is the 2 hr drive down to mexicali from San Diego, I would rather be closer to san diego. I have an appointment on Monday with my PCP so I am going to put a list of links together so he can see its gonna be a good thing, I just always worry about the first gut reaction of people when they hear you are going to Mexico I want to back it up for him so he can go check it out himself. That being said I havn't told alot of people because I don't want to deal with alot of comments, I will tell people maybe when I get home lol[/quote']

That long drive gave me pause too. Im in TX so Im closer to Dr. Alveraz in Piedras Negras. Making a list will be perfect for your doctor. He/she will realize how serious you are about going with a legit doctor in MX. It was important for me to show my pcp that health care in MX can be just as good as the states. That included testimonies of other patients, from YT videos to blogs and accreditation of the MX doctor. She like that Ramos use to be in the military and a member of Fellow American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.). Now I have to switch surgeons Ill just wait to mention that, lol.

The only ppl I told was my immediate family. My mom still aganist it but she came around. Although she did ask me did I just want her to send me to the Fat Farm!

I left town for awhile and my friends have no idea all the weight I gained. They knew I gained 30 or so but not over a hundred. Im embrassed because Im fat now. So when I see them again after I loose the weight they won't think to ask anything.

Sent from my iPod touch using VST

We (my mom and cousin) will be driving down from Utah, it will be cheaper that way. I am pretty sure my pcp will be on board with me but you just never know :) Wow a fat farm do they still have those? I am glad she came around. Thats one of the hard things for me too, seeing old friends and they just LOOK at you like you grew two heads, and you know they are thinking holy crap she is huge.

We (my mom and cousin) will be driving down from Utah' date=' it will be cheaper that way. I am pretty sure my pcp will be on board with me but you just never know :) Wow a fat farm do they still have those? I am glad she came around. Thats one of the hard things for me too, seeing old friends and they just LOOK at you like you grew two heads, and you know they are thinking holy crap she is huge.[/quote']

That's going to be a long drive but at least you will have company and beautiful scenery. One thing that makes me outrage is doctors who refuse to treat patients that have surgery out the country. Their job is to help those in need of medical care. It has to be a money thing. Lucky the ER can't turn away anyone.

Lol I was so outdone when she said it that I ignored her for a few days. Not sure if they still exist but I bet there is something similar somewhere.

Maybe it's a pride thing. I don't know. Ppl just think your being lazy and need self control. Friends can be the worse about weight gain.

Sent from my iPod touch using VST