Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery In Three Days....getting Excited/nervous

My surgery is on the 10th in Mexico with Dr. Garcia. Pre-op has gone very well 9 pound weight loss in 7 days. I am very ready to go but as expected excited but also nervous. I wonder how I will feel, how I will do with the weight loss, will I be nauseous on the plane ride home, will I feel awful or great.

Flying out to San Diego on Sunday so one more day at home to get ready and go!!

I didn't have Dr Garcia, but I'm sure you'll be fine. I felt the same way: excited and nervous. I felt good by the time I flew home 3 days after surgery. I wasn't sick at all. I did take someone's advice and put a stuffed animal (my Paddington bear from childhood) between the seatbelt and my stomach on the van ride back to airport and on the plane. I had no discomfort at all from bumps on the road and the landing.

You'll do great. Best of luck to you. :)

My surgery is on the 10th in Mexico with Dr. Garcia. Pre-op has gone very well 9 pound weight loss in 7 days. I am very ready to go but as expected excited but also nervous. I wonder how I will feel' date=' how I will do with the weight loss, will I be nauseous on the plane ride home, will I feel awful or great.

Flying out to San Diego on Sunday so one more day at home to get ready and go!![/quote']

Where in mexico are u having ur sergury? I have mine 9/25 in calexico with dr. Maytorena im a little stressed because I cant find anybody whot is willing to acompany me but in the other hand is it necessary for someone to go.... Im realy excited its time for my life to change ive lived all my life in this fat suit n im fed up I need this extra push to help me get in my wedding dress.. Thxs

I didn't have Dr Garcia, but I'm sure you'll be fine. I felt the same way: excited and nervous. I felt good by the time I flew home 3 days after surgery. I wasn't sick at all. I did take someone's advice and put a stuffed animal (my Paddington bear from childhood) between the seatbelt and my stomach on the van ride back to airport and on the plane. I had no discomfort at all from bumps on the road and the landing.

You'll do great. Best of luck to you. :)

Thank you for your support glad to hear that you were not sick at all.

Where in Mexico are u having ur sergury? I have mine 9/25 in calexico with dr. Maytorena im a little stressed because I cant find anybody whot is willing to acompany me but in the other hand is it necessary for someone to go.... Im realy excited its time for my life to change ive lived all my life in this fat suit n im fed up I need this extra push to help me get in my wedding dress.. Thxs

Tijuana you can go by yourself I am. The co-ordinators are great and already have me feeling comfortable. You can do it, prayers for you!

Thank you im so exited for u do u have the butterfly feeling in ur tummy yet I start my pre-op diet on tuesday hope it goes well lol im so anxious to be on the losers bench already...

Good luck to u gals!! I'll b flyin to San Diego on Fri with surgery the same day in TJ!! I'm very excited to take on this new journey!! I'm sending positive vibes ur way & will pray for speedy recoveries-for ALL of us!!

Good luck to u gals!! I'll b flyin to San Diego on Fri with surgery the same day in TJ!! I'm very excited to take on this new journey!! I'm sending positive vibes ur way & will pray for speedy recoveries-for ALL of us!!

Yes speedy recoveries for all!! I am leaving San Diego on friday, we will pass in the airport!!

Thnxs for the vibes they r very well recieved :) I was wondering what yalls oppinions would be about me traveling by buss to yuma arizona or San Diego where the van will pick me up or should I just travel by plane due to the op...

I think you would be more comfortable in a plane. Plus a plane probably will get you home faster. I was so glad it was a straight flight. I wasn't in pain, but I was ready to lie down by the time I got home.

I went by myself although I was lucky to find a sleeve sister on this site, And one more person was along with her hubby that we met that day. I had a friend offer to go with me, but I was glad not to have company. For the first 24 hours or so, I didn't feel much like making converstation and it would have been stressful for me, I would have felt like I had to entertain her when all I wanted to do was take a little nap. You will probably find someone who is already there too. There were several people already there in various stages of recovery.

I had surgery with Dr Alvarez in MX, I felt ok on

The plane but we had a layover and our plane going home was delayed at Dallas. That was not great. I bruised a lot on the journey home and got a low grade fever. I rested all day the next day and felt so much better. The third day after surgery is always the worst and we came home on day 3. All in all, it was not horrible but you will be very tired. If you have a non stop flight, you may sleep most of the way. Be sure to tell them at your gate that you have had surgery and they should let you board the plane first. Southwest did that for us. Good luck to you!!

Wow thanx this is all such good advice! :) is dr Alvarez in tj im I c he has alot of patients on here.

He is in Piedras Negras, across the border from Eagle Pass, TX. Quiet smaller city in MX.

He is an awesome surgeon and he stays busy doing sleeves and band to sleeve revisions. Lots of us have chosen him for our surgeon ;)