Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maintaining - How's It Going?

NtvTxn
Sign in to follow this  

How is maintenence going for y'all? I had gained about five lbs when we were on vacation, but three came off last week and I'm counting on losing the other two in the next week to ten days! Fingers are crossed!!! I feel like I'm pretty much living a 'normal' life, eating like a 'naturally thin person'.

Life is good! At 20 months post-op, I will still lose if I don't get in enough calories. I also lost my hunger, so I try to eat by the clock but if I'm out and about I can forget. I've been on a couple of vacations and haven't gained, so I think I've pretty much got maintenance down for me and my present activity level. I've signed up to do a marathon next year so probably I'll have to add more calories to offset the additional miles.

You look great!

Hi NtvTxn & Foxbins! So glad to see you post.

I am up about 8 pounds from my lowest weight, but I am okay with that since I felt I was a little too skinny. I am wearing a size 6-8 depending upon maker and I am a tall girl over average US height by a couple of inches. My weight is still below surgeons goal. My skin is a little saggy in the neck and my turkey arms will not go away.

My hunger has returned but it seems to be at night and I do not feel it in the morning. Struggling a little. Still have no regrets though. This sleeve is the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Wish i could say I was like Foxbins and running marathons...you go girl!!!! Living like a normal skinny person should live. Smaller portions, treats every so often and shopping is a little out of control.

Hugs to you both! Keep in touch as you are my inspiration during this weight loss journey we shared.

I'm now 2 1/2 years out and up about 10 pounds from my goal. Lost 100 lbs and hit 150 at 8 months out. Held a few months and then started snacking too much on carbs and gained over the next fews months about 15 pounds. Got really upset about it and started trying all these different things such as truly low carb, WW, etc. Few pounds up, then few down and got really frustrated! Then, (smile) an amazing thing happened! I went on vacay to Disney World for 10 days, with A PINCHED NERVE IN MY NECK, (not smiling) and all the walking etc and pain somehow got me back on track! I know that sounds strange but it truly did. Now, I really feel like I'm just normal and not worrying about it all. Just watching what goes in my mouth and when. Amazingly, I've lost about 6 lbs in the last two weeks!!! lol So, I will be back down to my original goal soon and actually now, for the first time, understand that THIS is what normal is! No stress, nothing hard, just moderation and no constant Snacks (which will slide right through that Sleeve)! Life is good - well, except for the physical therapy, heat packs, muscle relaxers and tins( sic?) machine! But, hopefully, this too shall pass! Go forth and conquer, Fellow Sleevers!!!!!

I'm 3 yrs post-op and have put on about 7lbs over the holidays. But everyone says I look good. At almost 52 yrs old, I think I look a bit better with a few pounds over my lowest weight as without it my face looks a bit gaunt. I was even considering getting some fat injected into my cheeks, but since I've never had any facial plastic surgery, Botox, etc. it scared me off and now I'm glad I didn't do it. Not to say I won't in the future, but for now I'm good. I might try and lose a few pounds by cutting out the soft drinks and sweets. That usually helps, though stress and traveling get rid of weight the quickest for me. Since I'm stuck at home for the next few months, keeping track of what I'm eating will have to do the trick!

Texas T, good for you! Yeah, I too thought I looked to gaunt at my lowest weight. Well, now I am on day 2 of the pouch test. Head hunger is HORRID. Knowing something and then following it are different.

I'm not on sodas, know that is a slipperly slope for me. The chips and snacking are killing me.

Best wishes!

Life is good! At 20 months post-op, I will still lose if I don't get in enough calories. I also lost my hunger, so I try to eat by the clock but if I'm out and about I can forget. I've been on a couple of vacations and haven't gained, so I think I've pretty much got maintenance down for me and my present activity level. I've signed up to do a marathon next year so probably I'll have to add more calories to offset the additional miles.

You look great!

Thank you!! I feel good and cannot believe I'm four months away from 3 years out. Life is good, I still weigh every day, like someone else said, a few lbs is easy to handle, ten or twelve, not so much!!! Life is good for all of us, I think. No regrets, ever!!

Hi All,

I'm 3 months from 3 years out--yikes. Noticing more symptoms these days, an occaisional charley horse, some fatigue. At last blood work, my Vitamin D was low and my A1C a wee bit high ( 5.8). Other tests looked fine. What is all meand is that I should be following my surgeons plan, but I've been a slacker. I resist following his super low-carb diet though my blood sugar says I should. I even resist daily Vitamins. Really I've been a crappy patient lately and I'm not sure why. Maybe I need to find a life coach. I'm not sure what would help me be accountable.

My clothes still fit and I look pretty much the same, I think. I've been too scared to step on a scale.

Love reading all these posts by others who are maintaining. I look back on my life 3, 4 or more years ago. It is sure different. Besides being back home in TX, I'm in Dallas, where vanity rules. LoL It's nice to feel like I fit in and am not ever the biggest girl in the room. I didn't realize how uncomfortable I was having to trry and find something to wear and then walking in and trying not to feel like all eyes were on me. I KNOW it was never all about me, but y'all know what I'm talking about, that self conscious feeling. Ugh.....I love being out and about now, love shopping, a LOT. Life is good.