Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Calling all October bandsters...

I just wanted to start a thread where everyone can post their surgery dates and we can compare notes.

I am scheduled for 10/18. I have ALL my pre-op stuff done as of last week. I start Protein Shake diet on 10/4. :)

How is everyone else doing getting their pre-op stuff scheduled?

Okay....first I put myself with the August Bandsters...then it went into the September group...BUT...this time...it WILL be the October group! I go for my pre-op testing tomorrow, then it's on to the dietician soon, my 2 week diet, and then surgery...so I am on my way now for sure! I will post my date as soon as I find out!

10/26 for me!

I have pre-op testing this friday. then liquids start the day hubby and I get back from vacation.

I'm trying to start working smoothies and protien shakes into my routine so it's not so hard. i bought some Odwalla smoothies at dominicks and they are really good. anyone drink them? i havent tried the Protein One yet, but the Strawbetty C Monster was awesome.

Unfortunately in thinking about my food and what I eat, i have found i have a mini-marshmallow addiction! dont know how it started but for the last couple of weeks, whenever I want something sweet I have some marshmallows! it can't be normal.

Not quite in October (Nov. 1) but I'd like to tag along in this thread anyways to learn from all of you October bandsters.

Hi Everyone! I will be a October Bander too. I get my date on Monday the 25th of October. ( Unless another problem pops up ) I get released this Friday from sleep Apnea. Then I can bring my letter to the surgeon, and she will call me Monday. YEA! I have been waiting about 4 months. You sure do have to jump though the hoops!!!

I have started my own diet this week, just to slow down before the liquids. I would love to know from everyone what is the best liquid to buy. I am at the MMPC in Grand Rapids, Michigan and have been on their liquid diet 2 yrs ago, so I am not looking forward to their products, even though they aren't that bad. I was on it for 4 months. Well anyway, my Surgeon said it would be the middle of October. I will let you know My DATE ASAP.

Congrats to all!! I can't believe I'm actually going to say this, but I am sort of excited to start the Protein shake pre-surg diet. Weird? I guess it is because I know that my surgery and new healthier me will be right around the corner once I start it.

I went to Wal-Mart today and bought the coolest new blender. It has 12 speeds, one of which is an ice crusher :omg: It also has a food processor attachment, which I am sure will come in handy when I get to the mushy food stage.

Btw... if any of you haven't checked out the recipe section of the forum, you really should. I already have some good ideas for later and some for even now.

Take care everyone!

Hi everyone!!

I will be banded on October 12th will start my pre op diet on the 28th. I have been eating all kinds of stuff as if I'll never eat again. Thank goodness I haven't gained any weight.

My husband will be banded the same day as me I'm first he's second. Very exciting time. We have a 5 year old daughter and hope to be more active with her. Who know once we drop some weight she might get a sibling.

Hi everyone! I don't have my surgery scheduled but I am hoping for October 25. I sent the piece of info to the insurance company today so I be able to schedule next week. I had an upper GI today and that is all the pre-op testing I needed.

I look forward to getting to know all of you through this journey!

mzsmartypantz~

I am getting a little excited about the shakes in a weird way too!

I have been pigging out on a *last supper syndrome* binge for the past month, knowing that the surgery would be around the corner, so I am getting *fed up* (pun intended) with things that are bad for me!

Today I did my barium swallow (ewww!), my echo, ekg, and bloodwork, my consult with the exercise physiologist, and I had to re-schedule for the psych. eval, but that will be next week, as well as my meeting with the dietician. ~whew!~ Then all my pre-op stuff will be over and then it's on to meeting with my surgeon again, and preparing for the big day. It kind of bothers me that they haven't given me the date yet, but I am sure that I will know that very soon. It's like waiting for a baby, I just want to know when and start getting ready!

I'm so glad you started this thread mzsmartypantz!! my surgery is scheduled for october 5...two weeks from tomorrow! I have a pre-op nutrition class on Sept 27 and final consult with the surgeon on Sept 29. It almost doesn't seem real.

Well all, now that October Thread has been started I can now say, my surgery is scheduled October 30. Makes it seem more real. I am awaiting final approval from insurance, however, all preop testings have been done. I have my final preop with Surgeon on October 13. I have been trying to weight watcher it since I am supposed to be down 10% by surgery date. Think I'll do the Protein liquid diet after final pre op.

Good Luck to All!!!

Hi! My surgery is slated for oct 23rd. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who is trying to get in all those last meals in :) I have my pre-op appointment on oct 9th and I also start my pre-op diet at that time. I am very excited and almost wish it was sooner. I have an appointment with my employer tomorrow to schedule my FMLA time off. Its getting close!

Hi everyone!

I'm joining the Class of October 2006. I have had all pre-op tests and dietician done already. I started pre-op diet today (Optifast). Next there's a support group meeting on 26th Sept, pre-op nurse on the 27th Sept, final surgeon consult on 29th September. My surgery will be on 5th October, at The Valley Private, Mulgrave, Victoria, Australia.

Let's make music!!! Bring on the band!!!

-------------------------------------------

Here's our list so far of who is being banded when.

I'll update it as we go. I hope I've got it right, if not, just let me know any changes or additions.

Good luck to all.

OCTOBER

1. .
  2. Shellybeans, chrispygal
  3. Pistol and her FIL, Slocumna, GEORGINAVINCENT, KarenS, Lin
  4. bigmons23, kayleesmom, Bigboy, dancing
  5. Goannabanda, Bandacat, Slim190, kimmiechelle
  6. JWH, lainer, Becka, houstongirl1, Dragonfly, Fluffy36, lastoneinthelak
  7. .
  8. .
  9. Kilcollins, Ladyred, MarySue33, Lots2Love, losingjusme
  10. Kellieatkins30, roxy123, derbygirl
  11. Cowgirl74, bandedmommy, mykidsrock
  12. Jodi-T and her DH (James), nicknac33, LA chula27, Irish Dancers, Big girl banded, bandedmommy, transpo1, bckeye01, abatkins
  13. KStar, PugMaster
  14. .
  15. .
  16. LIHIVE, tiredepot, MsKhris, qbanita75, cootie
  17. purtynailz, s1m1, justpaul1966
  18. mzsmartypantz, traceylb36, JulieSlu, oldspark, TXSunflower, katylady, Mountaindont
  19. macdeb59, moon goddess, three beauties, Denise2, kennedy
  20. mdk63, Ward1990, Momotrips
  21. .
  22. .
  23. Dani-X, Laurenm13, Auntie Aud, Sharlee, magnet6458, sjbarnhill
  24. NINNYED, libertysuzanne, ms883, pumpkin5
  25. Joy Joy, banster boy, namazj
  26. soniacan, raynie, JDru, juliestwu, GetnHealthy, Nanette
  27. renata, winga222, syl e fem
  28. .
  29. .
  30. fullon1au
  31. kimberly150

NO DATE YET:

JILLMC

helensmith

I am so happy to have so many October bandsters to share with! We are all about to begin a fantastic journey. If anyone would like, please feel free to pm me. I would love to talk to all of you!

:)

Man, I feel lucky... I did not have to have a barium swallow as part of my pre-op... ewwwww!