Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

hehe thanks, and your right..... I cant give up... Disneyland is less then a month and a half away! I must keep going .... plus I just took back one of the shorts I ordered and returned it for a size 20. Those bastards better fit me by next month. I can say that my fat looks so much better with this tan! I love the tanning salon and its actually relaxing! i just started wondering if the tanning bed is melting my port or band in any way. The max you can stay under the rays are 20 min. you guys think it will hurt it at all? I dont want to kill my Bandy!

Your hair sounds nice Hun! I will prolly cut a little and dye it darker in the beg of may. I also want to get purple eye contacts. Then I will really be bangin on them bitches! lol j/k ~Raynie!

Raynie darlin........tan all you want! I'm no expert but I'd be willing to bet Jessica's next paycheck that tanning is not going to hurt your band! LOL. You're a sweety. The mail is coming. Hang in there!

~ Jimboss ~

I hardly ever post, because I can't spell to save my life. So...please accept my apologies now for the errors to come. I have been reading about you all since my surgery in October 2006. I hate the computer and only get on it sporatically. I was moved to post, because I too have come across a few folks that have been less than supportive. My mother, for instance, gave me 2 boxes of candy and 4 tins of Cookies for Christmas (a whole 2 months after obesity surgery). She is getting married in August and has recently informed me that she has already purchased my dress, she hopes I fit into it. Who knows what size I'll be by then? The thing I try to focus on, is that I do have folks in my life who more than support me. Get the positive energy flowing in your life. Surround yourself with people who love you and are proud of your choise to make your life better. Appreciate the old friends, new friends, neighbors, or complete strangers who look at you differently. You had this surgery for you and no one else, so live well and be happy with your path in life. I've heard it said that the best "revenge" is living well. Your friend probably is dealing with some serious self esteem issues... if all she can do is tear you down to feel good about herself. I suggest celebrating her weight loss with her and yours along side, because it's not how you got there that's the issue, it's that both of you have better health.

Happy Easter to you all!!!I'll be up north untill Mondaylooking foreward to this.Probably be back Monday.Enjoy the Holiday. Shirley

hi all hope all is well and that everyone is doing good!!!! i've slowed down a little but i hope with the last fill that i got 3 weeks ago i will be back on my way.

Thanks for the words of wisdom, and welcome back Pistol! Your crazy Jimboss! LOL I hope Jess makes alot of dough! Happy Easter Shirley! And Happy Easter to all of you all!

and umm.... Happy Hump day! (today is wednesday)

Now off to the gym I go.... or maybe I will take a nap... :o

~Raynie!

and one more question:

Shirley might know this one..... How do I fix the darn ticker again? lol

Ty

~Raynie!

Hey everyone...been WAY busy so I haven't checked in much this week!

Jim you're crazy betting my paycheck...not much there to bet! :) Raynie I doubt tanning will hurt your band, but it isn't good for YOU. I have to give everyone a hard time because I had basal cell skin cancer when I was 22 on my back and my mom had melanoma a few years ago. So that's my lesson for today. :)

I've been working really hard since March 12 to get back into a routine, eat better, work out. I started out on March 12 at 192.8 (which is 3 pounds higher than I weighed when we began the Easter challenge) and today I weighed in at 184.0! Almost 10 pounds...maybe by Easter. But even if I don't make it to 182 I'm still proud of what I've done.

Raynie to fix your ticker you have to go back to tickerfactory.com and edit your numbers. The same thing happened to me. Oh and I weighed about 220 when I wore a 20 and about 200 when I went down to an 18. I'm really short though...only 5'1" so it might be different if you're taller.

I havnt checked in -in months. Just thought I share some of my more positive experiences and I hope this helps you. I now have had 3 fills. Between the 2nd and third fill I basically stayed the same weight for 2 months bouncing back and forth 3-5 pounds. BAM! fill #3 now Im making major progress. In less than 2 weeks Im down 9 pounds. I now know what a proper fill is. I love it. So, moral of the story, if some of you are sitting at the same weight DEMAND another fill. We didnt get this surgery for nothing.

welcome back Roxy! Great newz on the fill, Gratzie!

Thanks Jess! Gratz on your loss! Thats super! So what size are you at now? Dont loose anymore though, we wouldn't want you to dissappear!

Actually, how does that work? Once we hit our goal weight..... are we still going to log in here everyday? Are we Oct Bandsters for life? hehe

I know I need a fill, but I deceided that I would wait till after Disneyland- The only reason being is so I can eat the Pinneapple on the stick at the Tiki Room. LOL seriously though, I want to pig out at Disneyland. Not like the old days, but the way it is now. ROFL! :)

Have a good day everyones!

~Raynie!

Thats right Raynie...you're an October Bandster for life! You can check in but you can't check out (sort of a Hotel California type deal)!

I've read some posts in other threads from people who have met their goal weight and they continue to post and they seem to be really good inspirationalists and motivators.

I seem to be doing ok. I've had four fills and it seems my weight loss has found a plateau to sit on for awhile. I still have restriction and I'm not eating all that much but the weight is stuck! But I'm positive it will start dropping again. It has to. My life depends on it!

Hey, Happy Easter to all of my Bandster Angels! Eat an Easter Egg...just stay away from the chocolate ones! Geez...........and their my favorite. sigh..........

Hugs

~ Jimboss ~

Well Jimboss, If I am here for life then I expect gifts from everyone at all holidays and my birthday which is coming up in June!!! serious! :)

I like flowers, anything pink, clothes of course, I love anything with Tinkerbell, and Shoes! I love Shoes- size 10.

ROFL

We should start some sort of clothes exchange program. And we should host or own Lap Band before/after show. Like a contest.... we could model our bods off and show pics of what we used to look like. And then have a judge pic out the best makeover and have a cool prize. LOL

See ya around guys- time for Aqua Aerobics.

~Raynie

gratz to Losinjusme- thats awesome hun! ( I read your post somewhere, your doing so great!)