Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2006 Bandsters!

Hi, All. I had my surgery on October 13th and have lost 30 pounds thus far. I was okay for a bit there with my hunger pangs, but now find I am getting very hungry:hungry: . I have my first fill scheduled for November 23rd and hopefully I will feel some restriction afterwards. Up until 2 days ago I ate nothing but Clear Liquids, but have since progressed to something a little different - I made a homemade chicken soup: LOTS of chicken, little bit of carrots, peas and onions. I then blended it, not to liquid, but to a soft consistency, however, I don't think this qualifies as a clear liquid:phanvan ? I eat about 1/3 of a cup of this Soup every 3 1/2 hours or so. I also find I can drink plenty of Water by adding Crystal Light to it.

I feel a little guilty and disappointed with myself for not sticking to the exact clear liquids (my Dr. wanted me to stay on the clear liquids until my first fill date, November 23rd), but I just don't feel I can function on this anymore.

Any thought.

Cheers.

Kat.

I'm not going to lie to anyone, halfway through my second week, i started eating reg food. I have had no problems what so ever. I just make sure i chew everything up real good till it is mushy in my mouth. I am 20 days post op and doing great, so far i have lost 16lbs. I can tell that i am going to need a fill. Somedays i can eat more than others. I go back to the Dr. on Nov 22 for my first fill i hope. I am going to try to go the week before, because i need to know my limit on food intake for Thanksgiving.

Today is my one week anniversary band date. I've been pretty miserable. Yesterday evening I was feeling pretty decent, so I went back to the office today. By Noon I had such pain in my shoulder I thought I was having a heart attack or had a blood clot - I went to the ER. All is fine, I have to figure out how to manage the shoulder pain I get - It must be from the bloating? I think I need to continuously sip H20 or something - just don't know what to do.

Please provide suggestions and let me know if any of you are experiencing this too.

Hey there pumpkin! I too experienced sharp shoulder pain which through this website was made aware beforehand. When in surgery you are pumped up with lots of air in order for them to see what they're doing. The pain was terrible and you just have to wait it out. Drink plenty of Water and take some of the pain meds you were given. That helped me get by.:nervous It will get better.

Good luck!

Hello theres, my prettiess....

hehe glad this site is back, i need it! well i was banded on the 26th by Dr. Ortiz, what a doll he is! :) i feel ok, a little gassy still and sore, my cuts are a little itchy... cant get the glue off, and I am scarred to touch it. I have been so hungry since the first day out of surgery, so i have no idea how they can say I wouldn't be hungry for a week. My tummy has been gurgling, rumbling, and growling non stop! i do notice that I stay full much longer now, and its a little uncomfortable. I have not yet pbed or slimed, thank god, maybe that only happens after a fill? My question is- Yes, i lost about 15 pounds so far, but as I start adding cream Soups, yogurts and more food to my diet..... how does my body keep from gaining it all back?

And also just wanted to say gratz to all you October Bandsters! I cant believe we did it!

~Raynie!

Hey guys, I was banded on the 23rd. and I feel great and getting better everyday. My stomach has also started growling but that's ok, it'll live and so will I. I know now that when it growls that I need to put a LITTLE something in it and not a #3 from McDonalds. I used to be a Diet Dr Pepper junkie and oddly enough haven't missed them one bit. It's amazing how much less I eat and I haven't even had a fill. I was bragging to my wife the other day that I haven't had any gas problems since banding.....ok, so I'm not bragging anymore :nervous. Anybody else having gas problems? Me and Gas-X have become close friends, it doesn't seem to help that much but I still use it. Good luck to everyone!

Hello all !!! I was banded 10/25/2006 !!!

Yes I've been having gas problems. If I drink too much at once ..

I've been eating cream Soup, Protein Shakes. tried a little mashed

potatoes which sat in my new tummy like a rock.

Good Luck All :)

I'm ten days post opp and dropping a pound a day. With the pre opp fasting I'm down 15 pounds.:) I'm trying to counter general weakness with protean but even with no fill, it's a struggle.

During surgery they found a large Hiatal hernia which I did not know I had. They fixed it and surprise, no more reflux.

I'm hurting but figure that's because of Two surgery's at the same time. I do have a question, where dose all this gas come from and how long will it last.

280/265/180 Patrick

:phanvan Hi my friends

So its been a week since bandland. can't believe i've gotten thru another 7 days of liquids!

Met with Dr Myer and he says everythings healing the way it should. neat.

Sure wish this port scar would stop itching!

He wanted me to come in in 5 weeks for my first fill. But i pushed it back a week since i didnt want to spend my birthday there (even tho they are having a xmas gettogether for us bandsters that same evening.)

Afterwards I thought I would stop at the store and get a Soup, break into my moms to use her microwave and then go to SXU for my makeup exam. Jewels had the Campbells soup to gos for like a buck so i grabbed one and left. IICCKKK!! So i head to class, dump the sopup and eat the Jello cup i brought.

Bombed the test something horrible. Did you see that flashing red thing in the sky tonight? Was it a comet? Nopers just my GPA crashing to the earth.

I came in and tried hard not to bite my DH head off while i made some soup. Then i think I just inhaled a 1/2 cup of cream of chicken soup. Ugh, guess should have taken that a little slower. Oh well.. learning learning learning

Now I just want to relax some and go to bed.

A coworkers is having a pampered chef party for me tomorrow. It will be hard not eating any of what i make! But while i was at the store i actually said to myself - hmmm 5 layer taco dip... thats a mushy food right? :nervous

Last night I got the work emaisl down to 2. Now i logged in and there are 99. I think I'll log off before it reals me in.

Thanks for letting me rant!

:phanvan Okay my friends....

I have a tale to tell!

I went in for my post op appointment with my surgeon yesterday. She suggested giving me a fill early, so I agreed...now mind you I just had surgery 2 weeks ago! I have lost 20 pounds now by the way, so the band IS working! Anyway...so I get the fill....1 cc....I go home and let me tell you. I threw up SEVEN times last night! I couldn't even keep Water down! So, I called my surgeon first thing this morning, went in and had the fill removed, and now I am eating my mushies again, and feeling fine.

The moral of the story is just to go slow with everything, and that we will learn by trial and error sometimes. I go back in in 2 weeks before Thanksgiving, and if I get a fill, I will request it being half of the 1cc that I got yesterday. I want to lose, but I also want to do it in a healthy way, and what I went through yesterday was not the way to go....it was awful!:think

OMG MOON, I would have died. I went today 14 lb gone, in the last two weeks have been almost 3 weeks post-op. My dr. asked would you like a fill? I said not really? he said lets check a couple of things and he saw that from tuesday before surgery to now i've lost 28lb. He said i don't think you need one. I said i don't want one. REMEBER i'm affraid of PAIN!!!!

I'm sorry you had to go through that :)(

Boy.. I have been going crazy.. LBT has been down.. and now it is back up..so I can function now..

I agree with you. Thank goodness that i have a friend that has a myspace account and i sent her an email asking her if she could login to the LBT anyhow here is my myspace thingy. www.myspace.com/qbanita75

that is away to get a hold of me. glad this thing is back up yesterday sucked with no connection. :)

I want a bean burrito from Taco Bell. Its mushy right? hehe

I feel as if I can tolerate anything right now... but the point is to heal first for the first 3 weeks.... right? geez... I need to eat ! I am going crazy!

HELP ME!

hehe

~Raynie!

Moon goddess, you are so right, slow and steady. The first thing I want is to lose all this weight, the last thing I want is for eating to be an ordeal. Don't we all just want to eat healthy, normal portions and enjoy life! I saw dr. yesterday for 2 week post-op and we didn't even discuss a fill. I made an appt for 1 month but I don't even know if I will get a fill then.

Good luck to everyone, we are all doing great! Stay strong all of you who have candy in you house;)

btw- if any of you get a chance, on Discovery Health Channel they have a show called "I Lost It", all about peoples success with weight loss. I tivo it and find it very inspiring and motivating. Tonite on the same channel is a show called "You, on a Diet" put on by the dr.s that Oprah has had on a couple of times (great show yesterday for anyone who caught it). If you didn't might I suggest tivo, possibly the best invention of the last decade:)

I am glad to see I was not the only one to miss LBT.... I feel normal again.. it is amazing hw we get hooked.. I would rather this be my hook than candy or something I should not eat..

I am also glad to see I was not the only one with a yeast thing.. I even had it under my arms.. my family Dr said it was because of a change in my diet so she gave me meds.. and I can finally wear deoderant again.. YEH!!!

I am on mushies now.. and I have had a hard time with Protein in liquid phase.. but I found a high protein Special K cereal.. that I let soak in 1% milk.. and it is a good protein breakfast.. I tried the Quaker Oats Weight control high protein breakfast..and I did not like it.. so I will stick with Special K.