Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Haven't You Had Weight Loss Surgery Yet?

Hi Everyone,

I want to know why you are still trying to make up your mind about having Weight Loss Surgery (WLS)? I know what took me 6 months to make up my mind. I was doing a LOT of research checking out everything I could think of. I must have asked at least 1,000 questions to the people on 3 different WLS boards. So, if you are in those stages you are doing all the right things. Keep asking questions until you feel comfortable with where you are heading. atwitsend.gif

If you aren't sure if it will work for you—I thought the very same things you are thinking. I want you to know is DOES WORK. I had WLS almost 4 years ago, and I lost 105 pounds and have kept it off. So stop using that as a justification for not going ahead and having WLS. Next; if you think it is the easy way out—that is such a WRONG way of thinking. WLS is NOT a miracle remedy; it is ONLY a tool to allow you to

get to the goal you set for yourself. clap.gif

Every day you continue to do what you are doing ring now; you are slowly killing yourself every time you put that fork in your mouth. Please stop and think about what I just said, you know I am right. I got fat the very same way you did. This just didn't happen to me overnight, it took me time to become fat. So, I want you to care about yourself enough to move forward and GO for WLS. I had the “Sleeve” and I believe it is the very best kind of WLS for me. heart.gif

I do understand if you are a self-pay patient and it is about the money. Here is what I want you to do check out the doctors and their hospitals. There is some OK doctors, some good doctors and some great doctors. What do you want for yourself? I wanted the “great” doctor and I chose Dr. Aceves, and for me he was the very best I could find, after all my research his name just kept coming up as the GREAT doctor I was looking for. There are different ways to finance having WLS too. I know for Dr. Aceves, Nina his Patient Coordinator is a great source of information. Call her and discuss thing with her.bringiton.gif

I want you to make a promise that you will move forward and have WLS, if this is what you really want for yourself. It requires work on your part and you need to have you head in the right place and want this more than you have ever wanted anything else in your life--it will work for you!! It is YOUR chance to change your entire life and health for the better. cool2.gif

I failed at ever kind of diet I ever tried. I could lose it, but only to regain it back in a few months. Then I felt like a failure. What I learned is that I am NOT on a diet after having WLS. I have made a lifestyle change and it is something that I can live with for the rest of my life. I never feel deprived, I eat healthy and I like what I eat. Yes I have some desert now and then, just not all the time. I have learned to bake some really yummy and healthy deserts too. I want the very same things for you too. Exercise is also very helpful once you start to lose the weight. Start out slowly with the exercise.dance.gif

If you have any question or want to talk about any of the things about WLS or just have questions, I am always right here for you. I always promised myself that I would be here for others. I had two wonderful ladies who were there for me every step of the way. They also answered my endless questions as I asked them. We can talk about the good, the bad and the not so nice things. It is always important to have someone who has been there ahead of you.dancing.gif

Hugs,

Suzanne

i currently have a slipped lapband and i'm not 100% sure the sleeve is the surgery for me. luckily i'm not in any pain and i'm able to eat so i have 3 to 6 months before i absolutely have to have my band removed.

i'm self pay which is why i'd be heading to Mexico and i'd be traveling alone on a 6.5 hour flight and i'm scared.

i need a surgeon who has done a lot of revision surgeries because i'm not sure what shape my stomach is going to be in when the band is removed (scarring).

just so much to think about!

I'm jumping through insurance hoops right now..my insurance (BCBS Anthem of GA) requires a 6 month weight loss stuff so in Oct. it will be the end and we submit an go from there!

hey thanks so much for that post! it was so nice and comforting!!!! ive debated lap band and bypass. after seeing the lack of weight loss my friend had with the band, reading about all its complications and insight from my surgeon i didnt decide to go with the sleeve until my 5th month. sept 5th is my last nut appointment and i cant wait!!

im ready for the lifestyle change, for me my daughter. to be healthy and happy and live long and have energy for her! i dont want to be miserable and not feel like myself.

im terrified and i make sure i read up on all the complications. i know everyones body and situation is different, i just hope for the best and that i recover well. ive had a c section (although i have a low tolerance for pain) i think i will be ok. my job is amazing and we have paid short term disability :) i cant wait!!! thanks for such wonderful tips <3!!!

i currently have a slipped lapband and i'm not 100% sure the sleeve is the surgery for me. luckily i'm not in any pain and i'm able to eat so i have 3 to 6 months before i absolutely have to have my band removed.

i'm self pay which is why i'd be heading to Mexico and i'd be traveling alone on a 6.5 hour flight and i'm scared.

i need a surgeon who has done a lot of revision surgeries because i'm not sure what shape my stomach is going to be in when the band is removed (scarring).

just so much to think about!

Hi,

I hear what you are saying, and I am also here to tell you Dr. Aceves has done so many revisions. Please call Nina his patient coordinator, she is fabulous to talk to, and will not pressure you in any way. She will give you all the advise and information you are looking for. This is how you can contact her. Her phone number is 1-888 344 3916.

It is really normal to have all the feeling you are feeling. This is a big step and change. I didn't have a lapband, but I can tell you that the sleeve is the very best thing I have ever done for myself. I love it, and how I have lost the weight and it has been easy to maintain the weight loss.

I am always here if you have any questions.

Hugs,

Suzanne

My private E-mail is Suzannesh@aol.com if you want to send me an E-mail too.

hey thanks so much for that post! it was so nice and comforting!!!! ive debated lap band and bypass. after seeing the lack of weight loss my friend had with the band, reading about all its complications and insight from my surgeon i didnt decide to go with the sleeve until my 5th month. sept 5th is my last nut appointment and i cant wait!!

im ready for the lifestyle change, for me my daughter. to be healthy and happy and live long and have energy for her! i dont want to be miserable and not feel like myself.

im terrified and i make sure i read up on all the complications. i know everyones body and situation is different, i just hope for the best and that i recover well. ive had a c section (although i have a low tolerance for pain) i think i will be ok. my job is amazing and we have paid short term disability :) i cant wait!!! thanks for such wonderful tips <3!!!

Hi,

I am always here if you need anything or any kind of support. The sleeve is honeslty the best way to go. I think you will love your choice. I wish you great success in your weight loss journey. You can always find me here on this board if you get scared--it is very normal to have a bag full of emotions and feelings just before you have surgery. I did and I know all the things you must be thinking and feeling. You can alway reach me at my personal E-mail too. This is my E-mail address: Suzannesh@aol.com

Hugs,

Suzanne

I'm jumping through insurance hoops right now..my insurance (BCBS Anthem of GA) requires a 6 month weight loss stuff so in Oct. it will be the end and we submit an go from there!

Hi,

I am always out here if you have any questions or just need to talk. It can become frustrating jumping through all their hoops, but NEVER give up OK.

Hugs,

Suzanne

I can absolutely attest that Dr. Aceves in Mexicali is a fantastic, very very qualified surgeon who has done many revisions. I would not hesitate to recommend him and his team to anyone. It's a real hospital with ICU, Blood bank ER etc..., private rooms, excellent nursing care and it's safe. Wish you the best in making your decision.

The one and only reason I am not sleeved yet is because I do not have the funds to do so! I do not have insurance, so I am self pay, and while I would jump at the chance to go to Mexico I know that just isn't doable.