Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To Cruise Or Not To Cruise?

Soooo my bf n I were discussing possibly booking a cruise end of Feb! That will make me 5 months post op! My question is .... Should I book? So many things are going thru my mind..... clothes especially..... What to do what to do!,, ok so where the heck am I gonna get summer clothes in February and lord knows what size I will be then! Ohhh the excitement of flying and not worrying if the seatbelt is gonna fit this time! Just wanna hear what some of u post op sleevers can advise!!!

i'm not a post op sleever, but i would look at stores online as well as ebay & stuff. :) maybe hop down to a thrift store or good will & buy clothes in various sizes, as backups "just in case" :) your feet may also shrink, so you might have to get some shoes, too.

anyways, congratulations!!! hope you guys have fun on your cruise! :D it'll definitely be exciting & worth it!! have you all decided where you're going?

i do know what you mean about the seat belt. those flight attendants can be pretty thoughtless.. when i went to korea & japan & had to ride in a smaller plane (for travel inside those countries), i had to ask for an extension & i would sneak up to the flight attendant as covertly as i could and look around to make sure no one was listening & then i'd whisper "may i have a seat belt extension, please?" and they'd be all happy & smile & be like "sure, i'll bring one right over!" then they'd find me & hand it to me in front of everyone & be all loud like "HERE'S YOUR SEAT BELT EXTENSION" and i'd sink down into my seat, thinking "omg.. why'd she have to be so loud?" lol "doesn't she realize i was being quiet & covert for a reason?!" lol

@ Nicole you can always shop online :). Also book your trip and just go with the flow, don't limit yourself!!!

surgery date 12/3/12 with Dr Goreki NY

Buy a few things and BUY MORE on your trip!!!

Congrats and good luck!

I went on a 5 day cruise 3months post op. I didn't buy any clothes until a week before we left because i wasnt sure what size I would be. Luckily, I live in Houston where summer clothes are sold year round...but you can definitely shop online.

There are healthy food choices on the cruise ship and all the walking around on the ship and the ports made for good exercise.

Have fun & bon voyage!

Go for it! Cruises are soooo much fun! I loved mine. I would definatly hit up the thrift stores. They have great stuff year round, and with how fast we go through clothes it just makes more sence to pay less for the clothes until we reach goal. I also hit up the Kohls 80% off rack, where I can get some brand new stuff for less then the thrift store prices. Have fun on that cruise! :)

My husband and I just booked a 10 day cruise in November. I'll be 4 months by than. We've cruised a lot not worried about meals etc, but like you I'm now thinking about clothes. I never expected to lose this much weight so quickly, but I'm not complaining:) I had lost weight two years ago in the summer and had bought smaller clothes in 14 and size large tops. Well the tops are starting to fit now, and the pants are getting close...guess I'll also be shopping for clothes. Realizing this I started to look for swimsuits, but have found I missed out already, even on line most are sold out...and what size?