Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Spivak

Has anyone used Dr. SPivak out of Houston, Texas. I went to a seminar this weekend and still have a lot of questions. If anyone has used him please email me back. Thanks, Lisa

I was banded by Dr. Spivak in May, he is a great doctor and the people in his office are very friendly and answer any questions I have.:clap2:

I love Dr. Spivak. I haven't had surgery yet but I've been to see him twice. He is very nice and I have never read anything negative about him on the board. His office staff is very helpful. I'm sure if you call they will answer your questions.

you would be hard pressed to find anyone who could say something bad about him. the only complaint i have ever heard about him was due to some insurance conflicts. none involved his ethic, ability, or manner as a surgeon.

i was banded by him in march, i started at 207 on consult day and i am currently 187. i am very satisfied with the results and aftercare. i think the world of dr. spivak, and recently refered a friend of mine to him...she was at a seminar with him on saturday, maybe you were both there at the same time...she is having surgery this friday.

good luck in your decision process.

hi lisa,

i had my surgery by dr spivak this past june. him and his staff have always been there for my questions. i consider him to be one of the best in houston. he has a awesome bedside manner.

good luck!!

cutiern:)

Everytime I get on this web page to log in, I have to reset my password eveytime. I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I had my stomach stapled in 1981 with Dr. Horace Robbins out of Clear Lake and I went to see Dr. Spivak this past Saturday and he has agreed to do the lap band. I gained weight with my second child 13 years ago that I haven't been able to get off and it keeps going up. He said he has had past patients that have had the stomach stapling before. I was wanting to try and find any of those ladies/gentleman and ask them questions also. I have had one friend have the lap band three years ago and the only complication she had was Dr. Spivak got the band to tight and she had to go two times to the ER to have fluids put back in her body. Other than that she has only had one other fill and has lost 100 lbs. I just have so many question. You would think I would not, but I am 24 years older with children and I am more cautious then I use to be.

I was banded by Dr. Spivak on 8/2/06. I first met him in 2001 when I was considering the surgery then, but I didn't have the financial means and insurance wouldn't pay. I liked him then, so I didn't even shop around this time. Both Dr. Spiegel and Dr. Spivak do surgery in the same center (I assume they probably both have an ownership interest). Anyway, Dr. Spivak's pre-op and post-op diet are more liberal than other doctors'. He has a great bedside manner which really isn't that big of a deal because you don't see your surgeon that much. His staff has been helpful and accommodating. I have had no problems at all. I had my first fill last week and perhaps I would have wanted a little bit more restriction, but his approach is conservative and to "sneak" up on the sweet spot. I haven't had any throwing up, PB's, nausea. All in all, my experience so far has been excellent. I haven't updated my ticker yet, but I have lost a few more pounds, but I want to be solidly at -15 lbs before I update it.

Feel free to PM me if you have other questions. There are lots of other Spivak patients around. I was surprised at the wide variations among doctors regarding pre and post-op diet, fill philosophy, etc.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches