Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Inter-Dry!

Okay, not sure why this ad bothers me so much, but it follows me from Sleeve Talk to My Fitness Pal. I have that skin to skin thing because I have loose skin on my lower abdomen that is irritated. I guess what bothers me most is the illustration in the ad. It is the most unflattering thing ever and being formerly obese now and having the icky skin thing now, it's not something I like to look at.

Imagine if someone illustrated my body right now with all the hanging skin. Ick.

Like I say. I don't know why it bothers me really/ Maybe it's because my dermatologist suggested that I use a medication like that for life instead of getting plastic surgery.

Maybe it's everything.

Since it's a rant board. That is my rant. I HATE that advertisement!

You might need a new dermatologist. If your excess skin is causing medical issues, then your insurance should pay to have it removed. I could only hope for that. :( So take advantage and maybe you can get a Tummy Tuck or something. I wouldn't mind doing that in about a year or so. :)

You might need a new dermatologist. If your excess skin is causing medical issues, then your insurance should pay to have it removed. I could only hope for that. :( So take advantage and maybe you can get a Tummy Tuck or something. I wouldn't mind doing that in about a year or so. :)

Dorrie, it's not so bad that I have open sores like some do. It just gets red and sweaty. I am basically ignoring his advice to live with this forever, but keeping him as he is a nice man and knows his stuff in other areas. He just does not believe in plastics.

Dorrie' date=' it's not so bad that I have open sores like some do. It just gets red and sweaty. I am basically ignoring his advice to live with this forever, but keeping him as he is a nice man and knows his stuff in other areas. He just does not believe in plastics.[/quote']

Is he an older doctor? Just curious because my PC doctor is an older guy and he is anti elective surgery and was trying to get me to GI another route other than WLS.I also had an older doctor from occupational health that was the same way he started lecturing about creating a calorie defecit lol. Some older doctors are just set in the old ways I see it in young ones too sometimes but especially older ones. I agree with keeping the Derm if he is good other than being anti surgery.

Is he an older doctor? Just curious because my PC doctor is an older guy and he is anti elective surgery and was trying to get me to GI another route other than WLS.I also had an older doctor from occupational health that was the same way he started lecturing about creating a calorie defecit lol. Some older doctors are just set in the old ways I see it in young ones too sometimes but especially older ones. I agree with keeping the Derm if he is good other than being anti surgery.

Yes, he's late 60s-70s.

Funny, the older guy who did my upper endoscopy introduced himself as: The Dr. who is going to do your procedure so you may have 'elective" surgery.'"

Okaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Catracks~got ya! I'd keep him too, but if I was getting red and sweaty and could lead up to an infection. there's the option to get a referral if you desire. I really don't want to get much plastics either. Maybe my face and upper pelvic area (under neath the belly button) would be helpful but I'm self pay. Not sure I want to go to Mexico though. Traveling might be really uncomfortable after the plastics. :)

I really admire you folks who self paid and went to Mexico. It just seems like plastics are more invasive than the sleeve. If something went wrong then where would you go? What recourse?

I was up and around after a couple days, but I'm thinking it will not be the case with a Tummy Tuck.< /p>

My PCP has got that in hand. They will cover it probably. I have a ways to go because you need to stay at or around goal for 6 months or a year.

OK, I hadn't seen this when I read your post originally. That lovely ad greeted me when I logged in today though. YIKES!!! Of course, I clicked the banner and was greeted by more pictures. If you have it, you know what it looks like...you don't need to see pictures of it.

I'm fortunate that I don't have one but I've known someone who did - and it can get real nasty and real serious real fast. All it takes is an abrasion or nick from shaving or something and the skin can get swollen and infected in a matter of hours and go down hill from there.

If it really bothers you pursue an insurance claim to get it taken care of, otherwise look into seeing a plastic surgeon that can accommodate you or check out Medical Tourism in Mexico or the like.

:angry::angry: :angry: yep, it's official, I hate that advertisement 'inter-dry' it just grosses me out!! PLEASE REMOVE THE DARN THING, PLEASE!!!!! :angry::wacko::angry:

that's my rant for the night!!!

DID I MENTION ... I HATE THE @#$% ADVERTISEMENT!!!! :blink::angry:

I only see adds for I.T.T. techs....

Wonder why I can't see it

What is inter dry

What is inter dry

Nevermind googled it...wish they made it somehow in powdered form..would be great as a powder!

Okay, not sure why this ad bothers me so much, but it follows me from Sleeve Talk to My Fitness Pal. I have that skin to skin thing because I have loose skin on my lower abdomen that is irritated. I guess what bothers me most is the illustration in the ad. It is the most unflattering thing ever and being formerly obese now and having the icky skin thing now, it's not something I like to look at.

Imagine if someone illustrated my body right now with all the hanging skin. Ick.

Like I say. I don't know why it bothers me really/ Maybe it's because my dermatologist suggested that I use a medication like that for life instead of getting plastic surgery.

Maybe it's everything.

Since it's a rant board. That is my rant. I HATE that advertisement!

OH ME TOO!! ME TOO!! I had that on my status one day in fact. I don't really have that issue (yet?) But I HATE that drawing!! IT's just.....disturbing!!!! BLEH!

I don't see any ads. I use firefox with an ad blocker. I have never seen an ad.