Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Macho Cheese Doritos

the reason I posted this is because my son was enjoying some doritos with Lemon and tapatillo and got to wonder if sleever are able to handle some things like this and if they have how was the experience on this note can any body tolerate hot sauce or chili like jalapeño salsa but I'm happy that people had kick of this posting

I LOVE Tapatillo! I was able to tolerate hot things from the start. When I got to mushies, the first thing I ate were Beans with hot sauce. I always had an asbestos mouth and Iron stomach. My sleeve is the same way.

BTW, when you get to regular foods, try marinating chicken wings in nothing but tapatillo and bake them at 420. Easy and GOOOOOD!

Welcome to what we call "The Loser's Bench" JR!!

Susan - Tapatillo might work better than some of the more watery hot sauces. I don't so much like it when it gets too soggy. Not sure. Maybe if you toss it well it will spread out.

Oh my goodness' date=' never thought about hot sauce on my popcorn, I so must try this!

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

If you're gonna do this I suggest Louisiana.

I'm so glad I found this thread! It's exactly what I needed to read tonight...I'm not the only crazy one! When I was I week post op, I was going through major carb withdrawal, any type of actual food I could put in my mouth. I sucked the salt off of peanuts and then threw the peanuts away! I never knew the full extent of my food addiction until I wanted to lick the seasoning off food. I remember that first week and wondering if I'd ever be able to eat real food again. Now I'm 6 weeks post-op and doing pretty good. I still have many questions, like will I ever be able to eat rice again? I was supposed to have a checkup this past Wednesday in Covington, LA, but Isaac had other plans! I kinda had to eat what I could with no power for 3 days! Anyway, thanks for making this site something we can all learn from but also enjoy. I find comfort in talking to people that truly know what it feels like to have food be an everyday challenge.

Hmm, dunno if I'll name my sleeve but my stomach and it's chub is called Bertrand (after Russell) and my partners is called Gertrude (not after stein, more from the giggling gurdy)...

I'm so glad I found this thread! It's exactly what I needed to read tonight...I'm not the only crazy one! When I was I week post op' date=' I was going through major carb withdrawal, any type of actual food I could put in my mouth. I sucked the salt off of peanuts and then threw the peanuts away! I never knew the full extent of my food addiction until I wanted to lick the seasoning off food. I remember that first week and wondering if I'd ever be able to eat real food again. Now I'm 6 weeks post-op and doing pretty good. I still have many questions, like will I ever be able to eat rice again? I was supposed to have a checkup this past Wednesday in Covington, LA, but Isaac had other plans! I kinda had to eat what I could with no power for 3 days! Anyway, thanks for making this site something we can all learn from but also enjoy. I find comfort in talking to people that truly know what it feels like to have food be an everyday challenge.[/quote']

Glad you survived Isaac. I will be six weeks out this Tuesday. I have eaten rice while I was going through my not wanting meat stage. I ate very little but that probably contributed to my stall.

Rice feels me up sooo much! I have had sushi twice now and each time I have only been able to eat 2 pieces over 20ish minutes. Last time I went it was with a fellow sleever. We must've looked ridiculous only eating 4 - 5 pieces of the two rolls we ordered! (She ate 3 but she is a year out)

On a serious note....and in the hopes of, perhaps, helping one person... I know I've posted this before (multiple times, actually...so forgive me, if you've seen it already), but, I HIGHLY recommend reading the book "The End of Overeating". If you're wondering why you're craving high-fat, high-sugar, high-salt foods (and Nacho cheese Doritos is DEFINITELY one of those!), this book will explain it to you, in very simple terms. The food manufacturing companies (and my apologies to the person who works for Frito-Lay) intentionally manipulates foods, searching for the perfect combination of fat, sugar, and salt, in order to trigger a chemical response (in our brains) identical to that seen in drug addicts. Yes...IDENTICAL. food, literally, becomes the "drug of choice"....and we get sucked into a cycle of dependence (explaining our need for weight loss surgery). The more I read, the angrier I became....and the easier it became for me, before and after my surgery, to say NO to unhealthy, over-processed foods that were, literally, killing me. Please....if you're struggling with craving unhealthy foods (or, really, anything processed, and high in sugar, fat, and/or salt), give this book a read. It has truly made my post-surgical journey MUCH easier....because I understand the process going on in my brain, when I hear that little voice screaming for things I really shouldn't be eating.

Wishing us all great success!

Laura

On a serious note....and in the hopes of, perhaps, helping one person... I know I've posted this before (multiple times, actually...so forgive me, if you've seen it already), but, I HIGHLY recommend reading the book "The End of Overeating". If you're wondering why you're craving high-fat, high-sugar, high-salt foods (and Nacho cheese Doritos is DEFINITELY one of those!), this book will explain it to you, in very simple terms. The food manufacturing companies (and my apologies to the person who works for Frito-Lay) intentionally manipulates foods, searching for the perfect combination of fat, sugar, and salt, in order to trigger a chemical response (in our brains) identical to that seen in drug addicts. Yes...IDENTICAL...

Wow! As a confirmed conspiracy theorist, I absolutely HAVE to get this book now. I'm convinced that the premise of this book isn't just "theory" though. Think about it: Lay's slogan is "Betcha can't eat just one!" Hm. They're pretty much telling us that they know we can't stop eating them.

I'm curious though, lollyfidy1965. How does knowledge and understanding of the process make it easier to resist unhealthful food? The disgust and horror factor? Like, I don't eat hot dogs because I learned what was actually in them.

Or should I just read the book myself? B)

Oh I recently learned they put salt in soda... Not just for the taste but to make you drink more... Not only does the sugar raise blood glucose making you thirsty but now salt too!!!

Even on my worst days now I'll never drink soda, only drinks I've seen being made like frappes or smoothies- as long as i cant see any table salt going into my drink I know I'm way better off than before!!!

Let me tell you about carb addiction. My cousin's son is autistic and eventually my cousin gave up and lets him eat what he wants. This kids diet consists of chips, fried potatoes, one brand of white bread and only one type of spaghetti. He will not touch dairy, meat, Beans, fruits or vegetables. He exists on simple carbs. I suggested Protein shakes, but to get him to drink 8 oz would entail three hours or retching and gagging. Same with any other food. Isn't it funny that his drug of choice is carbohydrates?

This kid is the poster child for carb addiction. He looks like hell and I am surprised he's still alive. He's not fat because he barely eats at all. He is 5'5" and probably 80 pounds. His skin is blue tinged. Despite this he is getting taller and he is getting huge stretch marks on his skin. It has no elasticity.

A note on rice: I know it's a staple and a must in Southern cooking - especially Cajun and Creole, but white rice is completely, nutritionally devoid. Some can never tolerate it, but others do just fine. Just for experiment sake, try brown rice or better yet, quinoa. The stuff is high in calories, but loaded with Protein. The texture reminds me of cous cous and absorbs flavors like rice does.

My vices now are diet soda and Crystal Light. Stupid huh? I'm all healthy except for the chemical mixture I constantly drink.

Glad you survived Isaac. I will be six weeks out this Tuesday. I have eaten rice while I was going through my not wanting meat stage. I ate very little but that probably contributed to my stall.

Thank you sooo much! I live in south MS, and there were many, many homes destroyed here mostly by large trees falling. There are still a lot of people without power. Thanks again for the well wishes! We were blessed!!!

Thanks for the advice on rice. I figured just a few bites would fill me up! Im about 6 weeks out and haven't had any yet, or diet soda. I was addicted to diet coke before the surgery. I was allowed to have them until the day before surgery, so right after surgery my body was in serious withdrawal! I did away with caffeine ( I don't drink coffee ), carbs, salt, real sugar, everything at once! I still won't try a diet soda not because I'm afraid of pain, but I'm afraid I won't be able to stop. I was drinking Sonic's Route 44s 3-4 times a day. Ha, I was there so much they would even know my order and bring it to me before I pushed the button!

On a serious note....and in the hopes of' date=' perhaps, helping one person... I know I've posted this before (multiple times, actually...so forgive me, if you've seen it already), but, I HIGHLY recommend reading the book "The End of Overeating". If you're wondering why you're craving high-fat, high-sugar, high-salt foods (and Nacho cheese Doritos is DEFINITELY one of those!), this book will explain it to you, in very simple terms. The food manufacturing companies (and my apologies to the person who works for Frito-Lay) intentionally manipulates foods, searching for the perfect combination of fat, sugar, and salt, in order to trigger a chemical response (in our brains) identical to that seen in drug addicts. Yes...IDENTICAL. food, literally, becomes the "drug of choice"....and we get sucked into a cycle of dependence (explaining our need for weight loss surgery). The more I read, the angrier I became....and the easier it became for me, before and after my surgery, to say NO to unhealthy, over-processed foods that were, literally, killing me. Please....if you're struggling with craving unhealthy foods (or, really, anything processed, and high in sugar, fat, and/or salt), give this book a read. It has truly made my post-surgical journey MUCH easier....because I understand the process going on in my brain, when I hear that little voice screaming for things I really shouldn't be eating.

Wishing us all great success!

Laura[/quote']

I'm going to order this book right now!! THANKS! It all makes sense.

Catracks, your post reminded me of someone I haven't thought of in years. Growing up we lived next door to a very tall, skinny, unhealthy looking boy. We lived next door to him for at least five or six years, until I was about 15 years or age. He literally lived on McDonalds french fries and coke. He wouldn't eat anything else. His parents would go to McDonalds and pick up several orders of fries so he would be able to heat them up for Breakfast, take them to school for lunch and have them for dinner. He claimed if he ate anything else he would gag and choke on it, and his parents actually went along with it. Even at 15, I knew how incredibly unhealthy that was and how sickly he looked. I remember numerous conversations amongst the neighborhood parents about how they did not understand why his parents let him get away with this and why they did not get help for him. It has me wondering now what ever happened to him.

Sent from my iPad using VST

Sweet baby jesus on the mountaintop...

BahhahaahA. ha! Oh, that was great! I love it! There are just some things I hope to never have the desire to put in my new stomach & new lease on life, that basically cost me the price of a new car! Why on Earth?!