Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Admit It...i Have Cheated A Bit

Just want to say you're brave for admitting to us and yourself that you cheated and made a mistake. What is it they say....that admitting it is the first step to overcoming it? I can't remember exactly, but it's true. I know that before I decided on the surgery I lied to myself and the people around me about what I ate because I was ashamed. I am trying hard to be an open book now, because being ashamed isn't productive - it just leads to wanting to eat more. Plus, the more honest I am about what I eat, the more it helps keep me on track.

I doubt that you will be unable to have surgery. If you're feeling worried you could always give your surgeon's office a call for a little peace of mind. There will be many more of these challenges to come throughout your post-op life, and you did the right thing by turning to your NUT. Are you tracking your diet? It helps me to write out my day's diet on MyFitnessPal. I have added quite a few people on here (If you want to add me my username is the same as it is here), and they are all very positive/reinforcing good habits. It's nice to get feedback and to be able to see how others are doing.

By the way, congratulations on your loss =) Surgery will be here quick and you will be over here on the loser's bench in no time!

Lollyfidy1965 - Thank you for the book recommendation! I am really interested in this too and will definitely be checking it out.

Glad to be a little helpful! I'd love to hear your thoughts/feelings, after you've read it! :)

I appreciate the FYI but it's moot. I don't even know what "gelatein 20" is. Never heard of it. (Actually I guess I have now that I've read your post - which I hadn't before - whilst trying to figure out why you were telling me this.) It could be the best stuff on the planet.

What I was "talking" to her about was Gelatin Protein. That's not a brand, it's a mistake that a lot of new-to-WLS people make. And something I've tried to inform MANY new people about when proteins/protein drinks come up. Things like Gelatin shots and collagen solutions seem to be the perfect solution to new people struggling to hit their 60gm with about a 50cc capacity, and don't realize the harm they might be doing.

Just as an FYI...gelatein 20 has whey Protein isolate in it

I appreciate the FYI but it's moot. I don't even know what "gelatein 20" is. Never heard of it. (Actually I guess I have now that I've read your post - which I hadn't before - whilst trying to figure out why you were telling me this.) It could be the best stuff on the planet.

What I was "talking" to her about was Gelatin Protein. That's not a brand, it's a mistake that a lot of new-to-WLS people make. And something I've tried to inform MANY new people about when proteins/protein drinks come up. Things like Gelatin shots and collagen solutions seem to be the perfect solution to new people struggling to hit their 60gm with about a 50cc capacity, and don't realize the harm they might be doing.

Gotcha, Wheetsin. My response was purely informational...and not really even directed at you (but for anyone looking for a suitable "jello"-type food). :)