Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My First Rollercoaster Ride In About 18 Years...

Well here I am, and I'm one month shy of 2 years post op. I'm STILL enjoying life and I'm STILL having NSV's this far out. I'm on top of the world and I'm happier than I've ever been in my life.

Just a little history so anyone can realize how big a deal this is... I was kicked off a roller coaster when I was about 20 years old because I was too fat to get the lock to latch. I've always been a thrill ride seeker and there are only but a few I won't dare get on (one being the Ferris Wheel if you can believe it, but that's another story entirely haha!!) Anyhow, all this time I'd never tried to get on another.

I don't know if any of you have ever felt the humiliation of being kicked off a ride because you can't fit in it. I have, and it ain't a good feeling!! It was a busy day too, and just thank goodness all my friends happened to get on the train just before mine so I didn't have the embarrassement of people I knew to watch that happen to me. I never wanted to feel that again so I avoided roller coasters for a LOOOONG time until I knew for absolute sure I'd fit on any which one I chose to get on.

Well, yesterday Hubby and I went to Discovery Kingdom here in California. It was such a fantastic day!! I fitted on every single roller coaster and ride I got on with LOTS of room to spare. My hubby even became worried as he said I was flying all over the place in them. I said yeah because I had so much extra room in it, but I was fine... haha :) I loved it!!

Well everyone, I'm just here to tell you, if you keep working the magic of the sleeve, it will keep working it's magic for you. Many blessings!!

This is great!!! I can't wait.

And BTW I completely feel ya on the Ferris Wheel. I am deathly afraid of heights. But I am such an adrenaline junky that I will face that fear for the rush. The wheel has no rush, just fear. At least that's why I won't ride it.

You go girl!!!

This is AWESOME!! I'm so happy for you! :)

I can't wait until I can write a similar post.

Besides being embarrassed by not fitting in a roller coaster, I actually went car shopping and couldn't strap on a seat belt in one car and barely fit behind the wheel in another. TALK ABOUT EMBARRASSING. I feel your pain!! that said, I'm super jealous you got to take those rides. ;) when I was a kid, I used to absolutely LOVE roller coasters!

such an inspiration that you're still having nsv's 2 years later. that's so awesome!!

You look amazing! I can't wait to look like that one day. Thanks for the update!

P.S. Yes, I have been kicked off and if was the most humiliating thing that has ever happened to me. I've avoided amusement parks since.