Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved In Mexico Aug 15 - Dr. Hector Perez My Experience

Hi everyone, I've been on this forum for probably about a month now and just got sleeved about 5 days ago. I normally don't post things but I felt this was a very important experience and a great one as well especially about my doctor whom their isn't much info about in the forums yet. I had my surgery in Mexico in Cancun with Dr. Hector Perez. AMAZING doctor, very well educated as well as very knowledgeable about the sleeve process. He has been doing surgeries for over 7 years and is one of the top rated bariatric surgeons in cancun. He speak perfect english as do all the other doctors I came across (anesthesiologist, cardiologist and even some of the nurses) I stayed at Clinic Victoria which was a very CLEAN and modern hospital. I think it may be a private hospital but I had a very spacious private room. After surgery they kept me medicated every 2 hours and to be honest and didn't really feel pain, just the gas pain everyone talked about but it wasn't too bad either. My incisions are quite small and I've already noticed them dulling down already. The great thing about doctor Perez is that he not only staples the stomach but also sutures it as well to ensure no leak will happen. He is a VERY confident doctor and knows exactly what he's doing. I was discharged after two days he gave me gatarade and juices for the next few days. I was fine just did a lot of walking. I am back home now and feel pretty good.

The reason for my post was mainly to let people know that its not scary in mexico at all actually I felt more cared for then I ever have at any Canadian hospital. They have top notch equipment as well. I was very nervous in the beginning but an absolute amazing experience. My recommendation if anyone wants to have the sleeve done in mexico. Go with Dr. Perez! Your welcome to msg me privately if you have any questions. Good luck to all of you!

Thank you Anita :) So happy for you. I leave on Friday for Cancun and will have my surgery on Saturday the 25th w/Dr. Perez.

Please keep me posted with your progress and I will do the same.

:)

So glad you had a great experience! I was sleeved by Dr. Garcia in Tj, Mx. and had an awesome experience also. I loved that he also staples and sutures the sleeve for minimal risk of leaks. It was cool...when he came to talk to me before surgery, he had his ipad and he used a drawing program to draw out exactly what he was going to do...staples and all.

Very happy with my decision and sounds like you are too!

I had my surgery with Dr. Alavarez in Piedras Negras Mexico and I only have great things to say as well..I know the idea of having surgery in Mexico seems scary to most. However, my medical treatment with Dr. Alavrez was bars above any care I ever received in the states. My care was done with technology equal to that of the States, the experience to perform and the ability to explain the procedure to me was exceptional. The bedside manners of every one of the medical personnel I came in contact with was something I wish came common place in the states. They made sure my friend who traveled with me had something to eat, offering to take her out each night for dinner. The hospital was more reflective of a rural or county hospital but it was clean. My room itself was really modern with a nice big, tiled shower, hardwood floors, computer with wi-fi and sleeping accomondations for my friend. There was a phone to use free of charge to call back to the states as much as we wanted. And after being released from the hospital, I received a call from the medical coordinator, checking on me to see how I was doing. She said she would be routinely checking on me the first few months out to see how I was coming along. Very impressive...I could go on and on. But I will end just by saying everything from the coordination of the surgery, the surgery itself and the follow-up after surgery has been wonderful.

If you guys who have had surgery with Dr. Perez how much was your procedure? Have any of you had a revision and a surgery if so how much did that run you. Im asking for a friend. I plan on going to see Dr. Garcia in Tijuana but my friend doesnt want to go becuase she has heard some bad things about it, and prefeers Cancun instead since it has a lot more tourist things to do. If you guys could give a little feed back I would appreciate it.

thank you!

I had a terrific experience with Dr. Perez, and all the people at Clinica Victoria. I highly recommend them. If you have any nagging doubts about getting sleeved, taking action, and taking back control of your diet just power through it and do it. My surgery was surprisingly easy to recover from. I had very little discomfort, adequate pain meds in recovery, and little need for any more meds after the second day. It hurt to try to cough for about 4 days, otherwise I felt fantastic. Dr. Perez has a winning personality, confidence, and he and the staff are all very attentive. The private room was very clean and felt brand new. He sent me back to the hotel with drinks, meds, and supplies for my recovery, and his cell phone number to contact him anytime in the future if I had any questions. I am down 16 pounds, and I know this is going to be one of the best things I have ever done for myself. Good luck to all of you contemplating surgery, and those I met recovering in Cancun. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!!!

For all of you who used Dr. Perez, how are you doing NOW? These posts are a few months old, and I was curious if any complications have popped up. Are you still happy with your choice to use Dr. Perez? I am scheduled with him for April 20th. Thanks!

Hey FaBby 40 Sorry for the late reply I haven't been online in ages. I am doing great! I lost over 45 lbs but I didn't have much to loose either. I still want to loose another ten but I have had no complications and have been feeling great. I have found that my hair is thinning a little but I heard that a normal side effect. Overall no complications my scars have almost gone and you can barely see them and its been 6 months only. By this summer hopefully I'll be in my bikini ever haha! I can eat everything but just in small quantities or portions so I haven't really restricted myself from anything. But I know some people may have more to lose so definitely stick to a good food plan. Also I never realized how much head hunger I had till after the surgery so that's something you need watch for. Make sure you take all your Vitamins. I have been doing B12 injections once a week that's been helping me. I have a friend who is thinking of going as well. I was wondering what rate you were quoted? Hope that answers what you were looking for. Goodluck with surgery your going to love it!

Anita, I'm so glad to hear how well you are doing! Thanks so much for your reply! That's great that you can have little bits of all kinds of food.

I was quoted $5450 with Ready4Achange, FYI. Good luck to you and your sister!

Thank you Anita :) So happy for you. I leave on Friday for Cancun and will have my surgery on Saturday the 25th w/Dr. Perez.

Please keep me posted with your progress and I will do the same.

:)

how was your surgery? how much did he cost? im looking into Dr perez

Anita, I'm so glad to hear how well you are doing! Thanks so much for your reply! That's great that you can have little bits of all kinds of food.< /p>

I was quoted $5450 with Ready4Achange, FYI. Good luck to you and your sister!

How was your surgery? did you end up going with Dr perez in cancun? if so what hospital did you go to? i really want to go to him im just so nervous about going to mexico

Dr. Perez and dr. verboonen were my surgeons and everything so far has been great except for the food guide given to me after surgery. It is very very basic and I had to ask several questions here or search on the internet. Beside that all about surgery was very very good. I am 4 weeks post op

I also had Dr.Perez in cancun . and my experience was good one too. He is very confident on what he does. the clinic was small but clean, the staff was very attentive and my surgery was perfect other than extremely gas pains.. my surgery was on July 26 2013.Ive lost over 45 pounds already.....I just did and endoscopy to find out if everything is ok and my endo Doctor said everything looks great inside my stomach..

I am scheduled with Dr Perez next month. I'm staying a few days at the beach after the surgery and was worried about the liquid diet. So he gives you drinks and recommendations for the couple of days following surgery?