Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 5 days post op and the pain is still horrible!!!

I am drinking, walking, taking pain meds on time, I am taking gas x strips and stuff to go to the bathroom. Last night had a pain In between two of my incisions on my left side. It felt like I was being stabbed with a hot poker !!! My skin is tender to touch when it happens. If I put any suction back into my drain tube(on the right side)at all it starts spasming and will literally contract. The pain Ned's I have in liquid Vicodin every 4 hours and it diesn't seem to last more than three hours. I am using a heating pad!! Scared I have a leak or something. Talk to my dr. She said to start using ibuprofen. It is not helping. Has anyone else had this problem??

Still a drain after 5 days? The drain itself can cause pain. How much drainage do you have? I think the drain needs to come out, especially if it hurts with suction. Talk to you surgeon soon.

The drain comes out tomorrow morning. What about the other pain. Is it normal to have that bad of pain 5 days out?? Have had to c sections and never had this pain. !!

The pain could actually be from the drain itself. I could feel mine until it came out. Wait until it comes out and see if the pain is not much better. That will be the test...K

Lucabelle1313

hi there

you had major surgery 5 days ago. many people have pain problems for awhile - cuz of the drain or not - i never had a drain, but i can see that it might be painful

hope the meds kick in more, but hopefully you will start feeling better soon once the drain is removed - and you won't need the meds anymore - but on the flip side - use them as long as necessary

as far as you being concerned about having a leak - that also is a common fear amongst newbie sleevers. Your dr. probably did a "leak" test. it said you were fine - things can happen in the first few weeks, just to be honest - that being said - most people don't get a leak

its common and totally normal to be in some pain, be a little nervous of the unknown - but calm down - things should go terrific. - you'll be on the road to a healthier, happier, new you

enjoy your wonderful journey into sleeveland for the rest of your life

take care

try not to worry

best of luck

I am with you I am six days out and still have pain in my incision. Like the other lady said we just had Major Surgery. One thing I will say when the drain was removed it felt a lot better it was a huge relief. Just continue to walk and take you pain medicine. If its still really really bad i would say reach out to your Dr or go to the hospital, better safe than sorry.

Incision pain on or around the incision is normal and it can feel like someone is stabbing you. Your muscle tissue and everything underneath your skin is going through healing.

Many of the questions newly sleeved brothers and sisters have are addressed in previous threads. Do a search of you have time. Many of us have already experienced it and wrote about it and got answers on here. :)

Wow on the Ibuprofen! I'm allowed to have it after a month, and it was one of the reasons I went with the sleeve over a bypass.

Wow on the Ibuprofen! I'm allowed to have it after a month' date=' and it was one of the reasons I went with the sleeve over a bypass.[/quote']

My dr said it was the worse drug ever for the stomache and if I ever had arthritis he would find a different Rx that I could take

Don't know about the pain but my dr said no Ibuprofen ever again and no heating pads

Wow no ibuprofen my dr says not right away unless liquid, but in a few months when I can take pills it will be fine.. Things really do vary from practice to practice.

Did he say why you couldn't have it?