Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 13 days post op and I'm struggling to get my Protein in now, I can do Unjury chicken Soup and thats about it....I have tried several types of Protein Powder and I'm getting nauseated trying to drink them. The RTD Premiere CHoclate is ok but my taste for chocolate has diminished. Would anyone suggest the Isopure Zero Carb protein from GNC? I know im going to the next level of food after Tuesday (not sure what i will eat during mushy stage) but I still need to find a Protein Drink.

The further along you get, the more palatable the Protein powder you liked pre-op will become. It took me several weeks to enjoy my chocolate flavored one again. I had a lot of it, so I felt compelled to drink it. Also, I spent a lot of money experimenting with things I ended up not liking. Unjury, nectar, Chike and I am sure others have sample packs you can purchase online. I would start there so you don't put out a lot of money during this phase. Good luck!

Thank you for the info! I really dont want to spend a lot of money experimenting so I will hopefully learn to like what I have! I saw you have a son that wants to play sports at the College level, I have 2 boys, both have graduated from college now and both played college football....i miss those tailgaiting/game days! had a great time!

Mary

MJS, also don't forget you can "make your own" Protein shakes without any commercial Protein powders--use Greek yogurt, some kind of milk, add extra milk powder or PB2 (freeze-dried Peanut Butter powder, packed with protein), even Egg Beaters, flavorings, and some ice, and you're good to go. It's lower in protein per ounce than a packaged Protein Powder mix, but you can make it with stuff you already have on hand, and it might be a little more tolerable for you. I could never tolerate the protein powders (my sleeve rejected them all rather vehemently), so I had to use homemade smoothies from the beginning. I love the sugar-free Torani syrups, but you can also use a bit of sugar-free pudding powder, Crystal Light or Mio, or tons of other flavoring options for your smoothies, too. As your diet progresses, you can add fruit (fresh or frozen) and nuts (pecans, cashews, almonds--raw nuts in your smoothie will make it creamier if you have a good blender, and kind of chunky and nutty if you have a cheap blender-win/win) and even add veggies (spinach, a little kale, a few rinsed white beans) to up the protein/nutrition factor without changing the taste.

Plus making your own is cheaper. :-) Hang in there--as your diet expands, you'll be able to enjoy a lot more stuff. You're at the hardest part now.

I use Isopure Protein liquid in the glass bottles. Poured over ice and diluted a bit. I find it tolerable.

I use Premier Nutrition Vanilla shake and mix in 6 oz of 50 calorie OJ. Tastes like a cremesicle. 30 gm of Protein per shake.

MeginNola, I had not thought of creating my own Protein drink for myself. I think I might give that a try too as I have all of your suggested ingredients at home! I have been creating a Protein Shake on the recommendation of a coach for my son that he loves. It is milk, a little vanilla ice cream, Peanut Butter and banana. I would NEVER drink that of course, since it does not fit in with my nutrition goals, but for a football player who is working out all the time and trying to fuel his muscle and weight gain it is perfect, and much cheaper than my shake mix!

I'm 13 days post op and I'm struggling to get my Protein in now, I can do unjury chicken Soup and thats about it....I have tried several types of Protein powder and I'm getting nauseated trying to drink them. The RTD Premiere CHoclate is ok but my taste for chocolate has diminished. Would anyone suggest the Isopure Zero Carb protein from GNC? I know im going to the next level of food after Tuesday (not sure what i will eat during mushy stage) but I still need to find a protein drink.

Protein shakes, ugh, I could NOT gag them down!!! I got a protein bullet in my 'to go goodie bag' when I left the hospital. They saved me, just over 3 oz. Must easier to get down and 42 gr of protein when it's all said and done. I sipped a little 3x's per day. I got IDS brand from GNC. Grape was strong, the blue raspberry is what I like best. Is it "good" you ask....NO.....but it is doable if you hold your nose and rinse your mouth afterwards!!! It's much easier than a protein shake!!!

Thank you for the info! I really dont want to spend a lot of money experimenting so I will hopefully learn to like what I have! I saw you have a son that wants to play sports at the College level, I have 2 boys, both have graduated from college now and both played college football....i miss those tailgaiting/game days! had a great time!

Mary

GNC will refund or exchange within a certain time period if you keep the receipt! I took THREE different Protein powders back.....this was BEFORE surgery when I was trying to find something I could do. I was at a loss until I got the bullet sample when I was discharged from the hospital!!!