Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Irregular Periods "/

Hi ladies :)

Anyone with irregular periods before WLS surgery?! If so has it gotten regular after surgery?!

Mine not only was irregular, but they were long, and heavy. I've been on Mirena for a year with no help. Lost the weight I have thus far, and they do come more on time, and are shorter... By like 4 days.... Still heavy though. So yes, it has helped quite a bit.

Yes mine was very, very heavy. PCOS and severe endometriosis. I can't tell you if it got better..I had a hysterectomy, but more than likely with these specific diagnoses..sometimes the PCOS gets better, but the endometriosis doesn't..I hope it works for you! I love not having a period anymore! But I was bleeding for months literally 72 days was the longest I went. My husband said I must be evil because I bled longer than 10 days and didn't die!!! Little does he know...cackles evilly...j/k :)

Mine are different its goin to be a year without a period (oct).Ive gone to my obgyn and she said it could be because of my weight..ive had bloodwork done and EVERYTHING has came out good..pap smear,A1C,thyroid,STDs,iron,cholestrol,vitamin D...I had an appt for a sonogram but wasnt able to go because of my job(points)...i was not so concerned when younger but now i someday want to have a child..i started my period at the age of 12yrs nd been regular till 18 from there it went down it started every other month then every other 3 to 4month and this time almost a year without it,so my obgyn perscribed me "provera" to have my period once so it would clean out(build up)..Ive finshed my meds and still nothing... hopefully it is because of my weight..surgery date sept 14th at 7am..

Mine are different its goin to be a year without a period (oct).Ive gone to my obgyn and she said it could be because of my weight..ive had bloodwork done and EVERYTHING has came out good..pap smear' date='A1C,thyroid,STDs,Iron,cholestrol,Vitamin D...I had an appt for a sonogram but wasnt able to go because of my job(points)...i was not so concerned when younger but now i someday want to have a child..i started my period at the age of 12yrs nd been regular till 18 from there it went down it started every other month then every other 3 to 4month and this time almost a year without it,so my obgyn perscribed me "provera" to have my period once so it would clean out(build up)..Ive finshed my meds and still nothing... hopefully it is because of my weight..surgery date sept 14th at 7am..[/quote']

How old are you? I think mine is menopause. I'm 46. But, I guess as I lose weight, we will see.

Okay, if you havent had surgery and have infrequent periods, get ready? I had surgery Monday, August 20 and my period started this morning, August 25! I haven't had one since April and was just about convinced that menopause was calling my name. I'm kind of relieved!

I had surgery July 17th. Have only had 1 period in my entire life in Jan 2008. Was diagnosed with pcos. Period came yesterday!!! Ive never wanted a period so I never took my doctors advice and got on birth control. But then I started to worry when he told me I could potentially get cervical cancer and not having a period could cause infertility. The infertility part scared me the. Let Bc I do want to be a mother some day so I planned to get on Bc next year. I figured I would focus on losing weight first. But low and behold my period is here! I'm down 60lbs and it's here. My stomach is cramping and everything. Even though I hate this "process", I'm so excited to have had it come naturally because Really want to be a mom someday. Prayerfully, it won't last longer than 7 days and hopefully with continued weight loss I will be able to reverse this terrible pcos! Ugh. Btw: I'm 26.

I had surgery July 17th. Have only had 1 period in my entire life in Jan 2008. Was diagnosed with pcos. Period came yesterday!!! Ive never wanted a period so I never took my doctors advice and got on birth control. But then I started to worry when he told me I could potentially get cervical cancer and not having a period could cause infertility. The infertility part scared me the. Let Bc I do want to be a mother some day so I planned to get on Bc next year. I figured I would focus on losing weight first. But low and behold my period is here! I'm down 60lbs and it's here. My stomach is cramping and everything. Even though I hate this "process"' date=' I'm so excited to have had it come naturally because Really want to be a mom someday. Prayerfully, it won't last longer than 7 days and hopefully with continued weight loss I will be able to reverse this terrible pcos! Ugh. Btw: I'm 26.[/quote']

Wow! Glad you're having a period! Mine had been quite regular until about 3 years ago, which seemed to coincide with hitting the 300 weight mark and the over 40 mark. My period was always kind of an emotional and physical cleansing each month and I'd lose weight afterwards. Not consistently having one also seemed to make my weight standstill. I lost the most weight on the six month pre op diet the month I had a period. The Doctor said there was a metabolic component to this surgery. I see what she means now. I consider this a non-scale victory and so should you. Congratulations on your amazing weightloss!! I'm trying not to weigh until I go for my first follow-up visit! It's next Tuesday! Woohoo!

Wow! Glad you're having a period! Mine had been quite regular until about 3 years ago' date=' which seemed to coincide with hitting the 300 weight mark and the over 40 mark. My period was always kind of an emotional and physical cleansing each month and I'd lose weight afterwards. Not consistently having one also seemed to make my weight standstill. I lost the most weight on the six month pre op diet the month I had a period. The Doctor said there was a metabolic component to this surgery. I see what she means now. I consider this a non-scale victory and so should you. Congratulations on your amazing weightloss!! I'm trying not to weigh until I go for my first follow-up visit! It's next Tuesday! Woohoo![/quote']

Thanks a lot!

I took provera and now regret it abit,im on my period now,i wish it wouldve came on its own nd not because of the pill...i have forgot what a period is like.. I have bad cramps. Its been a week with today...I hope it stops by tomorrow,i dont wanna go to work with a heavy flow and cramps for 12hrs... "/

I took provera and now regret it abit,im on my period now,i wish it wouldve came on its own nd not because of the pill...i have forgot what a period is like.. I have bad cramps. Its been a week with today...I hope it stops by tomorrow,i dont wanna go to work with a heavy flow and cramps for 12hrs... "/

I've been bleeding since june. I have PCOS. I went to a new obgyn. She was saying, I need a DNC. I don't want one. I don't like to be put under. Im tried of hospitals. I've had two surgeries already. My sleeve surgery which was June 26 and gallbladder removed like 3 weeks ago. My cycles are bad. Im on birth control. I got to do blood work and other test in the morning.

I had a DNC a couple of years ago. I end up with a bad infection. My stomach was hurting so bad. I was in so much pain. I went to the er and they kept me. I was on all types of antibiotics and pain meds.

I've been praying asking God to heal me.

@1920-zeta: I know I could be on a slippery slope here, so please forgive me if I inadvertently offend u. Perhaps God is already working on it. U saw a new ob/gyn and a dnc is the recommendation. What more are u looking for? If the new doc is familiar with ur health history and the complications from a dnc, and they still made the recommendation maybe this IS what is best to prevent further issues for u. I hope u get some relief soon. Take care.

@1920-zeta: I know I could be on a slippery slope here' date=' so please forgive me if I inadvertently offend u. Perhaps God is already working on it. U saw a new ob/gyn and a dnc is the recommendation. What more are u looking for? If the new doc is familiar with ur health history and the complications from a dnc, and they still made the recommendation maybe this IS what is best to prevent further issues for u. I hope u get some relief soon. Take care.[/quote']

You are free to state whatever you want. I don't get mad.

I had four already. I was told by another doctor that repeated DNC's are not good. You could be right. Maybe the DNC is best. I will know something today after all the testing. Thanks for your input.