Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Was Your Final "straw That Broke The Camels Back"

I had the lapband and had to have it removed due to complications. I started to put on weight and mysteriously got laid off from my job. I have been unable to find work and cant do standing up work like retail. Finally got an interview was successful with 2 phone interviews and given a pre offer. I went in for the in person interview that lasted 10 minutes. All the people i was supposed to meet were not there and they would call me to reschedule. They never did and when i called i was told the position was filled. Another interview finally came 7 months later same thing 10 minutes and they will call me. Nothing. I am struggling and i wanted was a jon that i am seasoned and habe over 20 years experience. Conclusion: overweight over 40 was not going to get me anywhere. There are several other reasons, but the financial aspect effects all of them. I have to get my life back and on track. I have nothing left.

I had the lapband and had to have it removed due to complications. I started to put on weight and mysteriously got laid off from my job. I have been unable to find work and cant do standing up work like retail. Finally got an interview was successful with 2 phone interviews and given a pre offer. I went in for the in person interview that lasted 10 minutes. All the people i was supposed to meet were not there and they would call me to reschedule. They never did and when i called i was told the position was filled. Another interview finally came 7 months later same thing 10 minutes and they will call me. Nothing. I am struggling and i wanted was a jon that i am seasoned and habe over 20 years experience. Conclusion: overweight over 40 was not going to get me anywhere. There are several other reasons, but the financial aspect effects all of them. I have to get my life back and on track. I have nothing left.

You see, I have had this experience as well. I do tech work, and several rounds of phone interviews went well, until I went onsite and got a tour of the offices and a face to face for a PM job. I noticed that every single person in the place was a tooth pick or super fit. Every single one. Like 120 people. Thats when it clicked, as I was leaving, I don't think I have a chance...something is off here. That was when I 1st became aware this was even a potential career limiting problem (my weight).

Hello fellow patients

What broke my camels back was that I so badly want to be healthy again. I'm a newlywed and I want to be around for my wife and daughter for many more years to come. My knees and joint hurt daily. I have headaches weekly and my back hurts. I know that this surgery won't help all that quickly but should help some. Am I nervous for the surgery, u better believe it. But with God by my side I will survive and be ok

Thanks for letting me share

Will

I woke up one day and I was 421 pounds and was like who is this guy. I have 2 kids and I am 45 years old. I'm just 3 days post surgery and looking very forward to this journey. I am 368 pounds today after the liquid diet. I already feel amazing..

good luck on your journey

My final straw was hearing the last person say "you have such a pretty face"! Really!

Not being able to walk without running out of breath.

For my job I was overseeing a project that the news videotaped and put online. I couldn't believe with all that was going on and how little I was on camera how many nasty comments and judgements there were about me. It was humiliating!

Hi everyone! I'm a researcher working on a study on people who have received gastric sleeve surgery. For a short call, we'll happily compensate you with a $20 Amazon gift card.

If you're interested in participating, please shoot me a note at samtucker525@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Sam

Seeing pictures of just how big I have gotten. Not to mention when dropping off daughter at day care a little boy looked at me and said "your fat" and his mom laughed and shook her head.

Being diagnosed with diabetes.

Seeing my A1C go up & up & up every three months despite the medication and diet changes. Looking at my family history and watching my father inject himself with insulin 3 times a day. But what finally broke me was seeing someone I knew who had a double amputation due to diabetes complications and knowing that if that were me I would miss out on so much with my new grandbaby. I have never looked back.

My last straw? I went to step up onto my deck and I slipped, skinned my shin, grabbed for the post to steady myself, and did a full body slam backwards, landing in the grass about 3" away from a pile of river rock. That's what did it. Scared the hubs something fierce! Not even being able to step up 12" onto the deck cause I couldn't haul my body weight. Terrible. Not going to happen again. This Gramma is getting her act together!!!